• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
legend166 said:
I think I'm going to be waiting forever for a Mass Effect 2 deal, huh?

It's like $35 from zavvi. Just wait the one week and grab it from there. ME2 might go on sale one day but i'm guessing 50% off is the max, so $25USD?

I just played through the first part of Star Wars: TFU and haven't encountered any problems yet. Just curious, what are these problems you guys were talking about?

4/15/2010

- Added 32x32 pixel community icon in the title area on details view

4/15/2010

- Tiny icons are back! Available in details, list, and small mode, but only defaulted on in small mode.
- Updated the background of the small mode games list to be a little more consistent with the rest of the UI
- Fixed 32x32 icon in the details view title area to show for non-Steam shortcuts
- Fixed a bug with the per-game overlay disable would save disabled on games who's properties were viewed while the overlay was globally disabled
- Fixed to ensure that the server browser picks up the latest master server addresses

Today's Beta UI Update is pretty good. Tiny icons are back.

vocab

evlcookie said:
It's like $35 from zavvi. Just wait the one week and grab it from there. ME2 might go on sale one day but i'm guessing 50% off is the max, so $25USD?

Ya in like a year maybe. I finally bought Dragon Age Origins off Steam for $33 during that midweek madness. ME2 will be like $35-$38 the next time it goes on sale, which will probably be 3-6 months at least.

Volcynika

DMPrince said:
oh. it shows other? i didn't have anyone on my list that had the game at the time. Cool to know! ;D

Yeah, Oreoleo was playing some and I saw him get achievements / finish certain songs / etc. Very cool!

Volcynika said:
Yeah, Oreoleo was playing some and I saw him get achievements / finish certain songs / etc. Very cool!
thank god you didn't have the game when i was playing :lol. so much shit was popping up for me when i played.

graywolf323

Volcynika said:
The little RSS thing that updates you on other people's stuff in Beat Hazard is so awesome :lol

so would you say Beat Hazard is worth it at 25% off?

sounds interesting, sorta like a combination of Audiosurf and Everyday Shooter

ElectricBlue187 said:
Should I get TFU? I know it's terrible but the demo was good and it's STAR WARSSSSS DARK SIDE

it's not terrible just don't go in expecting anything amazing, it's a flawed game but enjoyable IMO

I enjoyed it when I rented the original on PS3 at least

legend166

evlcookie said:

I want it on Steam though ._.

I guess I could just buy it from Zavvi. I did buy the first game retail.

I posted this a few pages back but it got buried within 5 minutes.

I purchased parts for my new rig and came into possession of a download code for Assassin's Creed 2 on Steam. I already own this game on PS3 and am looking to trade the code with someone who will gift me Red Faction Guerilla on Steam ($20).

Basically, you pay $20 for Red Faction and I give you a steam code for assassins creed 2 (currently $60). Anyone want in on this deal? If I have multiple offers I'd give it to anyone who would gift me episodes from liberty city ($30).

If you happen to have a steam code for a game and would want to trade PM me and if it seems like a fair deal then I'd trade.

ninjavanish said:
I posted this a few pages back but it got buried within 5 minutes.

I purchased parts for my new rig and came into possession of a download code for Assassin's Creed 2 on Steam. I already own this game on PS3 and am looking to trade the code with someone who will gift me Red Faction Guerilla on Steam ($20).

Basically, you pay $20 for Red Faction and I give you a steam code for assassins creed 2 (currently $60). Anyone want in on this deal? If I have multiple offers I'd give it to anyone who would gift me episodes from liberty city ($30).

If you happen to have a steam code for a game and would want to trade PM me and if it seems like a fair deal then I'd trade.

Check your messages.

Saterium

A word of warning (or a fix) for Sam and Max Season 3.

If you're running dual monitors the game will crash on startup.
If you disable your dual monitors, run in windowed mode, re-enable dual monitors, it'll full screen to the newly enabled monitor and be slightly weird with resolutions and such.

Pretty much the only way to play the game is to disable the secondary monitor.

Kind of annoying, hopefully telltale patches it or at least fixes it for episode 2.

Lime

TFU is a horribly incomplete, buggy mess. At 5 euro/dollars it might be worth it, but at 15, it's way too much, and there are so many more deserving and more enjoyable games to spend your time on. If you have to play a Star Wars game, get the Jedi Knight collection.

Waste of money, imo.

Plasma

Banned
Just picked up TFU, had the original for the 360 but I never picked up the tatooine and hoth dlc so I'll get this version instead of buying the dlc.

Volcynika

graywolf323 said:
so would you say Beat Hazard is worth it at 25% off?

sounds interesting, sorta like a combination of Audiosurf and Everyday Shooter

It's pretty interesting but has some rough edges. Browsing to get your own music is verrrrrry slow, and vocab mentioned that the lack of bullet sounds when firing is a bit offputting (it is, just used to it from other games). I'm enjoying it though, nice game to sit back and relax with a bit.

legend166

I actually just realised EA increased the price of Mass Effect 2 on the Australian Steam store. So much for them being different. Wankers.

Guess I'll buy it retail from Zavvi.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Volcynika said:
It's pretty interesting but has some rough edges. Browsing to get your own music is verrrrrry slow, and vocab mentioned that the lack of bullet sounds when firing is a bit offputting (it is, just used to it from other games). I'm enjoying it though, nice game to sit back and relax with a bit.
I think the basic gameplay is kind of a bad idea. Having your powerfulness scale with how intense the song is awkward. I was playing some David Bowie songs that started off a bit slow and they were IMPOSSIBLE. Also, the sound effects are horrible for when dudes blow up. :(

But it's pretty fun.

Volcynika

BobsRevenge said:
I think the basic gameplay is kind of a bad idea. Having your powerfulness scale with how intense the song is awkward. I was playing some David Bowie songs that started off a bit slow and they were IMPOSSIBLE. Also, the sound effects are horrible for when dudes blow up. :(

But it's pretty fun.

Yeah, I hope the devs put some support into it to improve it based on user feedback, but who knows.

John

Lime said:
TFU is a horribly incomplete, buggy mess. At 5 euro/dollars it might be worth it, but at 15, it's way too much, and there are so many more deserving and more enjoyable games to spend your time on. If you have to play a Star Wars game, get the Jedi Knight collection.

Waste of money, imo.
Yeah, avoid The Force Unleashed. It's stickily-controlling cheap crap.

Volcynika said:
Yeah, I hope the devs put some support into it to improve it based on user feedback, but who knows.

There's a sticky created by the developer on the Steam forums for you to leave feedback. My main issues are the slow folder browsing and it not recognising certain fonts/characters.

Sega Classics added to the registry:
Comix Zone, Crack Down, Ecco the Dolphin, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Shinobi 3, Sonic 3D Blast, Spare Harrier II, Vectorman, and Altered Beast.

Spwn

LovingSteam said:
Comix Zone, Crack Down, Ecco the Dolphin, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Shinobi 3, Sonic 3D Blast, Spare Harrier II, Vectorman, and Altered Beast.

Would love some Shinobi 3. Altered Beast was one of my least favorite games on the Mega Drive and Ecco the Dolphin is agonizing.

Volcynika

It ain't Friday without Railworks

Railworks DT Wagon Pack 01 Add-on Now Available
APRIL 16, 2010, 9:38 AM - VALVE - PRODUCT RELEASE

Railworks DT Wagon Pack 01 Add-on is now available on Steam.

This DLC is a collection of five wagons that has no overall theme, and is made up of bogie wagons, a long- wheelbase 4-wheeler, a short-wheelbase 4-wheeler and a well wagon.

denomes

DMPrince said:
oh. it shows other? i didn't have anyone on my list that had the game at the time. Cool to know! ;D

I'm kind of interested in checking this game out. Do I need a dual analog controller to get the most out of it though? What other control options are available? Could I play it with a Saturn USB controller?

denomes said:
I'm kind of interested in checking this game out. Do I need a dual analog controller to get the most out of it though? What other control options are available? Could I play it with a Saturn USB controller?
I only have a 360 controller and i use that. so good. Don't know how far the support goes with other controller though.

LovingSteam said:
Awesome! :D

Spwn said:
Would love some Shinobi 3. Altered Beast was one of my least favorite games on the Mega Drive and Ecco the Dolphin is agonizing.
Even as a blinding Genesis fanboy, I have to say, I recently played Altered Beast again and it was hilariously bad. Ecco is amazing, though.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Is anyone having issues trying to pay with PayPal? Keeps stalling at working and my worthless bank are declining the transactions on my cards, and I can't be bothered to phone the cunts.

ArjanN

LovingSteam said:

Great. Hope they cleaned them up a bit for modern PCs though.

IMACOMPUTA

Desaparecido said:
Awesome! :D

Even as a blinding Genesis fanboy, I have to say, I recently played Altered Beast again and it was hilariously bad. Ecco is amazing, though.

Haha. My cousin and I played through it recently. We were dying laughing at how GAY it is. There are so many gay animations/poses. Clothes ripping off/etc.
It was kind of a while ago (like 2 years ago) but i swear i remember punching somethings *EDIT* off.
:D
Its fun for a laugh.

adg1034

IMACOMPUTA said:
Haha. My cousin and I played through it recently. We were dying laughing at how GAY it is. There are so many gay animations/poses. Clothes ripping off/etc.
It was kind of a while ago (like 2 years ago) but i swear i remember punching somethings dick off.
:D
Its fun for a laugh.

Altered Beast was overtly homosexual in nature? Do tell..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom