• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
AcridMeat said:
I just bought Beat Hazard in a post-party exhausted state.

Just played the game on easy

HOLY FUCK THIS GAME IS AMAZING! My senses just fucking exploded everywhere. I played a 2 minute long Choking Victim song, and now I have to take a break :lol :lol

Seriously, this is the best fucking game. :D I may have to go out and get a wired 360 controller just for this.
Damn it. All it takes is a post like that and I go buy it.

vertopci

People love boxes of cereal for $2.50!

2ibnpxh.png

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Man thanks for the heads up on Beat Hazard, never heard of it before today, had a mate around tonight and we tried it out on an LCD projector, was like an acid trip, I half expected to have an epileptic fit, the flashes get pretty intense, really fun game though.

AcridMeat

Banned
speculawyer said:
Damn it. All it takes is a post like that and I go buy it.

:D I hope you enjoy it.

Just tried to play a bit more (it's now almost midnight) and I actually had to stop. The flashes get extremely intense in low light with a 22 inch monitor 2 feet away from you.

Spwn

NameGenerated said:
Is Beat Hazard a dual stick shooter? How does it play with kb/m?

I enjoy it a lot, but some say it's too easy that way. I guess it controls better with a 360 controller, but I have no way to test that, so I'll stick with m+kb.

hamchan

Woot, Beat Hazard is actually rising in the top sellers list. Game is really awesome, even if it can be used to instantly give people seizures. I need to take break from the game every half an hour so my eyes don't die.

Twig

Banned
hamchan said:
I need to take break from the game every half an hour so my eyes don't die.
That's why I am not really interested in it.

I hate graphical overload in shooters. |:

Will probably give it a try if it gets really cheap though, because I also love games that use MY music.

Beat Hazard is really pretty awesome, and the developer has said he'll be "supporting this game as best I can".

Really liking the interaction between Steam friends, too.

bryehn

Just bought Beat Hazard, it's a pretty basic asteroids-style dual stick shooter but holy shit is it flashy! It goes nuts listening to my drum and bass collection. Makes Super Stardust HD look tame. Runs well enough on my laptop too, pleased with the $7.50 purchase.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
AnkhWeasel said:
Beat Hazard is really pretty awesome, and the developer has said he'll be "supporting this game as best I can".

Really liking the interaction between Steam friends, too.
Good. Fucker better increase the navigation speed. It's a complete joke right now. There should also be an ability to set a favorite folder that you can quick-navigate too right from the start. Most of my music is in d:\\users\Me\MyMusic\AmazonMP3. Then I have to go into artist, then album. I hate it, and it takes way too long.

It's a bitch. I dunno, the game is okay, but Audiosurf is just better. The couple of times I've played Beat Hazard I usually end up playing Audiosurf after playing four or five songs.

Also: Slow songs are broken.

Twig

Banned
Volcynika said:
Twig is just bitter since I got lucky before he did in Lead & Gold. My team was better!
I actually laughed out loud when we were both lying there hoping to be the first to get the lucky hit.

Bitter is hardly the appropriate word! :D

P.S. Lead and Gold is really fun. People should get it. :3

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just broke and bought Beat Hazard as I just made a nice fat deposit at the bank this morning. I love Audiosurf so it will be nice having another music game option to play when I have a couple minutes to kill and I love to support the indie devs. I also love trippy shit.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Stallion Free said:
I just broke and bought Beat Hazard as I just made a nice fat deposit at the bank this morning. I love Audiosurf so it will be nice having another music game option to play when I have a couple minutes to kill and I love to support the indie devs. I also love trippy shit.

Jeez man, it is hard being your accountant.

Question on Beat Hazard, though: does it support .ogg?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Nice, it looks like an update that adds .flac .m4a .ogg and .alac files is coming pretty soon, too!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Instro said:
Trine got an updated with a new level today. At the end it teases Trine 2.
I like this idea of patching in sequel foreshadowing, rather than leaving a game open ended from the outset for a sequel that often never comes.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
morningbus said:
Jeez man, it is hard being your accountant.

At least it's not the type of game that gets put on a backlog. Also, I have money to blow! I already have my car insurance and gas money set aside for the month and I have *well* over my comfort level in checking. I sound like a drug addict defending their drug addiction. Dammit. It's not like I'm going to go spend this money on my girlfriend or save it for my future kid's college fund.

AcridMeat

Banned
Desaparecido said:
I think that's like the fourth time.

I keep passing it up because I'm waiting for the 360 version, but hell, two boxes of cereal, why not.

Don't. PC is the way to play it.

Although it looks like cereal has persuaded you. :lol

AcridMeat said:
Don't. PC is the way to play it.

Although it looks like cereal has persuaded you. :lol
Yeah, I didn't really like the PSN demo, but if it comes out on 360, I'll give it a try and might double dip. I want to play local co-op with 360 controllers. I doubt it will, though.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
crimsonheadGCN said:
Trine is on sale for $5.00.
I picked up Trine during the last sale, which was about two months ago I believe. Great game. Kind of short, we're talking like 5 hours of playtime but everyone should go and check it out. Some of the physic/puzzles are ingenius.

flkk

Neo Member
Instro said:
Trine got an updated with a new level today. At the end it teases Trine 2.

Ooh awesome can't wait to get home and try it out :D

If you like fantasy, pretty graphics, platforming and prefer singleplayer games, this is well worth the $5 for the couple of hours the campaign takes to finish. Screenshots don't do this game justice, it looks even better in motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom