• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
AgentOtaku said:
Not trying to hate or anything but I was pretty suprised and dissapointed to see that yeah, it shot up to No.1 like MW2 despite all the universal bashing across the internet.
Guess Steam users don't care/have disposable income or something =/

People have disposable income and are huge fans of the series. I am a huge fan of the series and actually like the new direction for the series so I would be all over it even at that price if I didn't have a million other games I was in the middle of. Same goes for Assassin's Creed 2
Dennis's screens in the screenshot thread make it so goddamn tempting at times though

Gamer @ Heart said:
I just bought the original Deus Ex and im looking for some texture mods to make it less ugly

Honestly, the only worthwhile improvement to install is the DX10 renderer that everyone has been posting the link to. Most of the texture packs are incomplete or look absolutely hideous (the HP one).

Stallion Free said:
People have disposable income and are huge fans of the series. I am a huge fan of the series and actually like the new direction for the series so I would be all over it even at that price if I didn't have a million other games I was in the middle of. Same goes for Assassin's Creed 2

I'm a HUUUGE fan of it ...still put off by DRM though =/

Zozobra

I'm tempted to buy Deus Ex, but this game looks so dated that I can't imagine someone who has never played it before would get the kind of enjoyment out of it that GAF's hype would suggest.

vazel

Banned
Oh shit Aquanox! Been meaning to play those games for a long time.
Javaman said:
Holy crap. If they are 1/2 as fun as Archimedean Dynasty I'm definitely picking those up.
From what I've read they don't have as much depth as Archimedean and get more dumbed down as the installments go on but they still seem like fun games to me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Zozobra said:
I'm tempted to buy Deus Ex, but this game looks so dated that I can't imagine someone who has never played it before would get the kind of enjoyment out of it that GAF's hype would suggest.

I first played DX1 a couple months after Half-Life 2 released I think and the graphics didn't hold the god-like experience back at all.

Javaman

vazel said:
Oh shit Aquanox! Been meaning to play those games for a long time. From what I've read they don't have as much depth as Archimedean and get more dumbed down as the installments go on but they still seem like fun games to me.

That's a bummer. I have a lot of good memories from playing the prequel. It was almost like a space shooter but underwater. It was neat rising up close to the surface and seeing all of the sludge blocking the surface.

Zozobra said:

Once it hooks you the graphics won't matter. I played the PS2 version only a few years ago and still thought it was the greatest thing ever. I'm playing through it again now and it still holds up fantastically- you're going to be blown away by the freedom you're given, whether you like stealth or gunplay, both are equally represented and the sheer number of ways you can complete any mission is staggering.

Plus, it's $2.50. Pick it up, get used to the slow, methodical (sometimes trial and error- save often!) pace, and prepare to enjoy one of the best games ever made.

graywolf323

RJT said:
Most people are not informed about those things and don't read the T&Cs... I'm sure Ubisoft will get a lot of complains from displeased customers and change their minds. At least, that's what I hope...

how long before someone starts a class action lawsuit against them? :lol

Twig

Banned
Just finished Winterbottom. I really liked it, though it ended sooner than I wished it would. ):

Thanks again Javamang.

Spwn

Bought the Deus Ex pack. I've had so many good experiences with "crappy sequels" that I decided to get Invisible Wars too. Too bad I don't have time to play these for a while.

MoFuzz

pirata said:
Is Invisible War worth it, or should I just stick with the original Deus Ex?
Has this become the new meme around here? I swear you are the 10th person to ask this exact question in the past 3 pages.

The answer is no, btw. Stick to the original IMO.

pirata

MoFuzz said:
Has this become the new meme around here? I swear you are the 10th person to ask this exact question in the past 3 pages.

The answer is no, btw. Stick to the original IMO.

Sorry, I just now saw the deal on Steam, so I thought it had just hit. Thanks for the advice, though!

Sysgen

Zozobra said:

Played it for the 1st time a month back using a DX10 renderer. Played great and looked way better than expected. Put 40+ hours into it.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Since I'm switching my notebook for a macbook in a few days, will Deus Ex GOTY version be compatible with Mac once Steams activates the client? I guess not, but I don't lose anything with asking anyway...

EDIT: Reading one of the compatibility lists, holy cow, it is?!

McHuj

damn you, steam.

i bought Deus Ex and I'm probably never going to get a real chance to play it. Even though I always wanted to. Maybe when I'm retired one day.

Couldn't pass up a price like that.

MoFuzz

NIN90 said:
JC a bomb
2iazjuv.png

panda21

crimsonheadGCN said:
Risen is available in Europe, but is not currently available in the US. It'll be put back soon, according to Deep Silver.

not in my europe its not :( i thought you meant it had come back!

Gribbix

bernardobri said:
Since I'm switching my notebook for a macbook in a few days, will Deus Ex GOTY version be compatible with Mac once Steams activates the client? I guess not, but I don't lose anything with asking anyway...

EDIT: Reading one of the compatibility lists, holy cow, it is?!
The mac version of Deus Ex is for OS9. Intel macs can't run OS9 software so there is no way they'd make the mac version available on Steam.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Risen comes back soon. It's a really great game.

Tried Invisible War for the hell of it... dear god. Game looks and plays far worse than I remember, and the sickening FOV gave me a headache after about ten minutes.

LovingSteam said:
Oh yea? Just in time for a weekend deal? :)

Yeah, according to someone on the Voodoo Extreme comment section. He went through Deep Silvers forums and dug up some quotes:

xjuanm replied to neverko's post Apr 21 2010, 11:44 AM

No idea but found someone posted this one steam forum

"There is a rep from Deep Silver posting in a thread on their forums about Risen not being up on Steam. The current statement is that the game should be available again "within the next 1-2 weeks" -- that post was made on April 7th. The delay is being blamed on "bureaucratic reasons."

The thread is here. The same Deep Silver guy had previously posted in the same thread that the game was to be up again this week, so the news about "1-2 weeks" may not be ironclad.

If his most recent post is reliable the latest possible date that we should see Risen back on Steam again is April 22nd."

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/54381/Risen-Update-Released

panda21

i really hope it does come back soon but i've been watching that thread on their forums and the last official thing they said was this:

Due to some bureaucratic reasons, Risen is delayed on steam again. It will be approximately available within the next 1-2 weeks.

on April 7th.

and before that they had also said it would be on steam within the next week at the latest, and that never happened. so i wouldn't take 2 weeks from the 7th as being a concrete deadline :(

thread:
http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49003

AcridMeat

Banned
Just got my wired 360 controller in the mail and played my first song on Beat Hazard with it. Definitely a much better experience (last thing I'll say about Beat Hazard :lol ).

Also, did anyone mention the big Bad Company 2 patch that came out? Looks like they fixed a lot of stuff, including a new server browser.

Javaman

vazel said:
Oh shit Aquanox! Been meaning to play those games for a long time. From what I've read they don't have as much depth as Archimedean and get more dumbed down as the installments go on but they still seem like fun games to me.

Apparently they forgot to include the cd key with the game. In the mean time you can use one posted by the dev on the steam forum here...
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1233031

What a screw up. :eek:P

just tried the Risen demo. Game seems pretty fun but is there any way for CCC to force AA with the steam version? will I have to buy the retail version to get AA? :<

Twig

Banned
ArjanN said:
Did you finish all the bonus challenges as well?

-
I did. They were pretty easy, and I'm not really the leaderboard type (for most games), so I have no reason to keep playing. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom