• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slavik81

No wonder I can't log in.

steamcontentservers.png

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Gee i guess everyone will jump onto that even though people bitch and moan about #2.

At least #1 has dedicated servers, right ?

Ah it's still $25 on the AU steam store. Always a laugh.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
evlcookie said:
Gee i guess everyone will jump onto that even though people bitch and moan about #2.

At least #1 has dedicated servers, right ?

Ah it's still $25 on the AU steam store. Always a laugh.

At least in 1 you had to at least kill them most of the time instead of in 2 where you let your killstreaks do all the work for you.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Kerrinck said:
How is the online community on Modern warfare? Still active?

The first one? I'm sure the community for the first one is still active just like previous CODs. It is going to not be as big as the second one of course but you can still find servers and i'm sure people are still making mods for it.

Minamu

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to buy L4D2 but my cc info is getting rejected for some reason. I've used the card on Steam before & I'm certain that there are no info typos (though I'm not familiar with any of the Steam language quirks, if there are any).

I get this message when I press the confirm button:

"Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company.

Note that in some cases, your credit card company may put a 'hold' on funds in your account, but you will not be charged. After reviewing the information below, if you believe your card has been declined in error please try your purchase again."

And then I get an email saying it's been declined. The email only shows my 4 last digits which looks really odd but I guess that's for security. User or Steam error? :D

panda21

Minamu said:
Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to buy L4D2 but my cc info is getting rejected for some reason. I've used the card on Steam before & I'm certain that there are no info typos (though I'm not familiar with any of the Steam language quirks, if there are any).

"Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company.

Note that in some cases, your credit card company may put a 'hold' on funds in your account, but you will not be charged. After reviewing the information below, if you believe your card has been declined in error please try your purchase again."

And then I get an email saying it's been declined. The email only shows my 4 last digits which looks really odd but I guess that's for security. User or Steam error? :D

could have been flagged up as fraudulent by your card company, then steam will refuse to sell you anything on your account, even after you clear it with the card company.

i had this happen to me after using steam for a month or so, really confused me.

that or you card is over its limit.

you probably need to ask support why it isnt accepting it.

Minamu

panda21 said:
could have been flagged up as fraudulent by your card company, then steam will refuse to sell you anything on your account, even after you clear it with the card company.

i had this happen to me after using steam for a month or so, really confused me.

that or you card is over its limit.

you probably need to ask support why it isnt accepting it.
Alright, I'll do that. I don't think it could be either of those two things though. I used it at Burger King yesterday & it's linked directly to one of my bank accounts where most of my cash sits.

GHG said:
Is it worth getting Left 4 Dead 2 if you don't have/use a headset (or mic)?
Yes. You might annoy some people and perhaps get kicked from some matches but it is still well worth getting.

And get yourself a cheap headset/mic.

Nabs

Minamu said:

are you using the old steam client or the new beta? if you're using the old one, try ordering the game through steampowered.com through your current browser.

UrbanRats

Can anyone help?
I just reigistered to STEAM, a few minutes ago.. from my mac.
I succesfully brought Trine, and then from my old laptop(a pc), i DLoaded the client and installed it, so while i wait for the REAL pc to get here, i may try it on my laptop.
The problem is, when i launch it, it says connection failed(network not found or some shit like this), try later.
Is it me?Has to do with firewalls or what else?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Modern Warfare doesn't have any crazy ass DRM thing besides the Steam DRM, right? I'm always scared since I rarely buy PC games and I keep hearing horror stories about games that have install limits or require you to be online etc.

Javaman

UrbanRats said:
Can anyone help?
I succesfully brought Trine, and then from my old laptop(a pc), i DLoaded the client and installed it, so while i wait for the REAL pc to get here, i may try it on my laptop.
The problem is, when i launch it, it says connection failed(network not found or some shit like this), try later.

Steam has been hammered for some reason tonight and that might be the cause. Try changing your dl server to somewhere remote and see if it'll authenticate then. If you can download it, it should work.

VIEW|SETTINGS|DOWNLOAD|

Also try verifing the files by right clicking on it and going to Properties|local files.

vocab

VanMardigan said:
Modern Warfare doesn't have any crazy ass DRM thing besides the Steam DRM, right? I'm always scared since I rarely buy PC games and I keep hearing horror stories about games that have install limits or require you to be online etc.

No it's fine. This was before the activision greed evil era.

UrbanRats said:
Can anyone help?
You might have to shut down steam & try again. Perhaps a reboot.

jet1911

Little question.

I just bought L4D2. My roommate already has the game on his PC, is it possible ti just copy/paste the file from his PC to mine?

Twig

Banned
jet1911 said:
Little question.

I just bought L4D2. My roommate already has the game on his PC, is it possible ti just copy/paste the file from his PC to mine?
Theoretically.

Just make sure you copy the .gcf and not just the game folder.

Nykad

jet1911 said:
Little question.

yes, just go into steamapps directory and copy the lfd2 directory to yours, restart steam and it should check the file and work.

zbarron

jet1911 said:
Little question.

Dammit man, now we're down to 3 again. Honestly though I am starting to think spending the extra $5 might be worth the lack of headache.

Blur was added to the "Coming Soon" tab. The System Requirements for it has also been posted:

System Requirements

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Pentium D Dual Core 3.4ghz or better
Memory: 1 GB Ram for Windows XP, 2 GB for Windows Vista or Windows 7
Graphics: 246 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT or better or ATI Radeon 1600XT or better with Shader 3.0 capabilities.
DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 14GB of free hard drive space
Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Internet: Broadband connection required for Multiplayer Connectivity

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz or better
Memory: 2 GB Ram
Graphics: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT or better or ATI Radeon 1800XT or better with Shader 3.0 capabilities
DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 14GB of free hard drive space
Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Internet: Broadband connection required for Multiplayer Connectivity

Anyone tried the beta for this yet? Is it any good?

jet1911

crimsonheadGCN said:
Blur was added to the "Coming Soon" tab. The System Requirements for it has also been posted:

The impressions in the Beta thread were really positive iirc.

I really felt MW1 was the pinnacle of the CoD series. The single-player campaign, while short, was awesome and had one of my most shocking gaming moments in it. The multiplayer was varied and though it did get a little cheap at times (darn you silenced P90 and Martyr) it was still fun.

I think it's miles ahead of MW2. Definitely worth $15.

crimsonheadGCN said:
I tried the 360 beta. Not sure if it's worth $60, but it's surprisingly good arcade racing.

I think Blur is going to be a Steamworks title from the looks of it. Neither D2D or Impulse has the game on their coming soon list and they have generally added games before Steam does to their lists.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
crimsonheadGCN said:
I think Blur is going to be a Steamworks title from the looks of it. Neither D2D or Impulse has the game on their coming soon list and they have generally added games before Steam does to their lists.

I wouldn't be surprised since MW2 was.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Anyone else having problems connecting to Steam?

Edit: Nvm. Deleted a couple of blobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom