• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im_Special

I just picked up Left4Dead2, so is there any reason to keep Left4Dead the first game around anymore? Does 2 just improve everything over 1, will I even want to play 1 anymore after playing 2. :lol

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Im_Special said:
I just picked up Left4Dead2, so is there any reason to keep Left4Dead the first game around anymore? Does 2 just improve everything over 1, will I even want to play 1 anymore after playing 2. :lol

They're planning on releasing a DLC for l4d1 that coincides with "The Passing" that was just released for l4d2.

Im_Special said:

I still prefer 1 over 2, but I'm sure I'm in the minority there. Mostly just like the characters and campaigns a lot more.

Volcynika

You can pre-purchase the stimulus package on Steam for Modern Warfare 2 and get 10% off!1!1!1!!!

($13.49 instead of $14.99)

A sweet deal, I say. :p

Volcynika said:
You can pre-purchase the stimulus package on Steam for Modern Warfare 2 and get 10% off!1!1!1!!!

wahoo!!!! you just made my day, i'm gonna buy MWE for 60$ + the 13.49$ = only 73.49$ !!!! best deal ever!
wait...

Damn . . . Steam can't even control the sales these days.
$15 CoD:MW
$5 Trine
33% off already reduced-price Left 4 Dead 2

And Left 4 Dead 2 comes with a whole brand new level. For free.
And Trine comes with a new level. For free.

They are on fire.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Volcynika said:

bwhahahaha.

But but but IWNet is there to help get rid of cheaters and make a user friendly experience.

Wthermans

Banned
speculawyer said:
Damn . . . Steam can't even control the sales these days.
$15 CoD:MW
$5 Trine
33% off already reduced-price Left 4 Dead 2

And Left 4 Dead 2 comes with a whole brand new level. For free.
And Trine comes with a new level. For free.

They are on fire.
Don't forget Dues Ex for $5 earlier this week!

Wthermans said:
Don't forget Dues Ex for $5 earlier this week!
That was definitely a great deal . . . but it is over now. All three of the above deals are available simultaneously right now. And there isn't even any holiday that they they can use to rationalize it.

Perhaps they can find one. Happy Jelly Bean Day! . . . so here are some great sales . . .

syoaran

nice that the Cod4 was on super cheap sale - finally clearing up games I hadnt played in ages. MW2 map pack pricing = huh?!? - pass

vocab

Anyone who buys that map pack for PC is extremely retarded, and is encouraging stupid consolization to the PC platform. Not only can you buy COD4 for the price of those maps, you get two of those maps for free with a better balanced game included.

Just look it at like this. The COD4 map pack was free, but the MW2 one isn't. Who's really running the show now while IW is dead in the water? Exactly.

syoaran said:
nice that the Cod4 was on super cheap sale - finally clearing up games I hadnt played in ages. MW2 map pack pricing = huh?!? - pass

At least not initially (unless there is a mistake), as the Coming Soon tab has it listed at a discounted $13.49. Oh, baby!

MoFuzz

vocab said:
Anyone who buys that map pack for PC is extremely retarded, and is encouraging stupid consolization to the PC platform.
Prepare to be severely disappointed by your fellow Steam brethren...again.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Volcynika said:

So for $6.50 less than I paid for Battlefield:Bad Company 2 I can pick up Modern Warfare 2. Or I save $1.50 picking up the newer but less feature complete MW2 over MW1. Tough decision but I think I'll pass. :D

Twig

Banned
poppabk said:
So for $6.50 less than I paid for Battlefield:Bad Company 2 I can pick up Modern Warfare 2. Or I save $1.50 picking up the newer but less feature complete MW2 over MW1. Tough decision but I think I'll pass. :D
No, that's only for the MAP pack.

I can't believe the MW2 map pack only costs $1.50 less than MW1. (Even if MW1 is on sale right now.)

That's fucking stupid. God I hate people.

Valve really needs to stop referring to their bulk deal as 4-Packs and call them a foursome instead. So we can go around posting if anyone wants to join our foursome, which will unfortunately mostly consist of dudes.

Twig

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
Would it be acceptable to make a new thread for the MW1 deal? I'm gonna buy it, I think a lot of others would too.
You could but expect some trollin' from people who want Activision to burn in hell.

I'm one of those people but I won't troll because I don't care enough and it's been done to death. :3

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
markot said:
If the MW2 map pack makes the best seller list... I will go berserker rage.
Get yo rage ready.

2a4wryx.png

Twig said:
You could but expect some trollin' from people who want Activision to burn in hell.

I'm one of those people but I won't troll because I don't care enough and it's been done to death. :3

I'm a MW2/Activision troll as well, but I don't have a problem supporting MW.

Mr. Snrub said:
Would it be acceptable to make a new thread for the MW1 deal? I'm gonna buy it, I think a lot of others would too.
I am reinstalling it just because of the deal. More people will be playing it now, not that the community was hurting in numbers at all.

Firestorm

Mr. Snrub said:
Eh maybe for $5 but $15 seems pricey for the 2007 MW. I'd probably pick up MW2 for that price.

Guys, I can NOT reccommend Mount and Blade Warband enough.

Check out this 120 player multiplayer... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt5AmqA3STc

its one of the best multiplayer experiences I have ever had.

1)the game is ugly
2)there are many bugs
3)it can run on modest settings
4)the community is modding the hell out of this game. seriously, search youtube for mount and blade mods!
5)this is a very hard skill based action game. its the complete oppeste of modern warfare 2 death streak perk. takes A LOT of skill and practice to get good at this.
6)even online you can make your own character, pick a class and gear.

If you can look past that this game has low production values and is very indie(it was made by one turkish man and his wife in the beginning), and that its simply trying to be an awesome online medieval simulator, then this game is unbeatable. there is nothing like it at all. this online experience can not be duplicated in anything else.

you can download an demo on their official website! it will let you play til lvl 7, but not online(which is the really awesome part)!

Warband does indeed look awesome. How are online battles set up? Is it a huge open world where you have to meet up and battle or is it like a online game where it loads a good sized map to battle on?

Volcynika said:

Combine it with that MW2 deal after the free weekend, and you're practically swimming in cereal!

Vigilant Walrus said:
Guys, I can NOT reccommend Mount and Blade Warband enough.

its one of the best multiplayer experiences I have ever had.

1)the game is ugly
2)there are many bugs

Such a ringing endorsement. :lol

Twig

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
I'm a MW2/Activision troll as well, but I don't have a problem supporting MW.
I know this may sound strange but when you buy an Activision game you support Activision. O: O: O:

speculawyer said:
Such a ringing endorsement. :lol

No... he's totally right. Game is shit.

*Goes back to playing Mount and Blade Warband*

;)

Twig said:
I know this may sound strange but when you buy an Activision game you support Activision. O: O: O:

But surely some of that money will trickle down to the original designers so they can continue to make awesome games? :lol

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
TouchMyBox said:
But surely some of that money will trickle down to the original designers so they can continue to make awesome games? :lol
Not if they're all bailing out from IW. :lol

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Twig said:

If only more people were like you.

See: Archie.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
260 achievements for booster trooper. Who on earth has that amount of time to create so many achievements :lol

Looks like theirs a 4 pack as well. Seems like people are starting to embrace the 4 pack idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom