• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoFuzz

Count me in for a 4-pack as well. How do you guys usually do this? One person buys and the rest reimburse through Paypal I'm guessing?

Salacious Crumb

MoFuzz said:
Count me in for a 4-pack as well. How do you guys usually do this? One person buys and the rest reimburse through Paypal I'm guessing?

That's pretty much it, if you're willing to be that one person PM me, Hamchan, Aniseed and I are all ready willing and able to pay you, I'd be willing to do the initial purchase, but I live in Australia so we would all get stuck with the censored version :(

MoFuzz

Salacious Crumb said:
I live in Australia so we would all get stuck with the censored version :(
2rrbe5t.jpg

So, if someone in North America does the buy, it won't be censored? Just want to clarify. If so, you poor Aussies...

Salacious Crumb

MoFuzz said:
2rrbe5t.jpg

So, if someone in North America does the buy, it won't be censored? Just want to clarify. If so, you poor Aussies...

Yeah, the version is determined upon purchase, once its purchased its locked in. so if I were to gift you the censored version it would stay censored and vice versa.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Salacious Crumb said:
Yeah, the version is determined upon purchase, once its purchased its locked in. so if I were to gift you the censored version it would stay censored and vice versa.

Try and get the Germany version, they get CS:S guns!

jet1911 said:
Little question.

I just bought L4D2. My roommate already has the game on his PC, is it possible ti just copy/paste the file from his PC to mine?
If you are not comfortable copying files, the best thing to do may just be to do a Steam backup (Right click on the game and select "Backup"). Then just get the backup files and run the installation program and it will properly install it.

Deacan said:
Found this on Steam forums.

Worked for me, now getting max speed.
Are you using the beta Steam UI? I cannot even get into the client. Steam just quits out after a can't connect message. So much for offline play, oh Valve.

Lumine

I'm still in for the 4pack. I'd rather not be the buyer though as I'm short on money and I don't want to ask people to pay in advance.

Running out of patience, tempted to just pay the $20 instead of $15. :p

G_Berry

Banned
AnkhWeasel said:
My brother and I are both up for an uncensored copy from the US, so +2 for a 4-pack here. Couldn't buy, though, given that we're Aussies.

That's 3 Aussies Lumine!

What's the best way to do this?

Lumine

I'm from Europe though, so that would be the version I would get. It should uncensored though. :p

If none of you mind paying in advance, then PM me. If we have 4 people I will send you payment details (paypal, direct, whatever works.)

Thing is, I can't actually buy it until after I recieve the payments. So if more than 2 payments end up going slow, we might all be screwed. :(

I'm open for any suggestions. :p

G_Berry

Banned
Well I'm in. I'm not gonna send you the cash (Paypal) until we can confirm the 2 other people though.

Are you Lumine on Steam? I'll add you.

pix

I would like to do the L4D2 4-pack if there is room left. I don't have Paypal (cancelled because my account was hacked then used to buy game servers...) but I do have secure email money transfers if thats ok.

Lumine

Alright then, how about this:

I'll pm you guys my paypal account and if I haven't recieved the money within 2 hours I will pm you guys again and we will cancel the deal and everyone will get his money back in case it was too late to cancel your payment.

If I do however receive the money (which is hopefully instantly) I will buy the 4pack straight away and gift everyone their copy straight away.

Does that sound good to you guys? :)

deleted

fresquito said:
Can't connect to Steam. Anybody having the same problem?

Me neither: "Cannot contact the Steam network, please try again later."

Never had this problem before, but its been like this the whole day.

Minamu

Wee I figured out what was wrong with my credit card & finally managed to get the download started! I had opted out of a new optional (as in good luck finding a store online that works if you opt out) visa card security system on my bank's website. After I had reconsidered that free feature, it worked flawlessly :lol Let's just hope they don't think I wanted to buy like 11 copies now...

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Minamu said:
Wee I figured out what was wrong with my credit card & finally managed to get the download started! I had opted out of a new optional (as in good luck finding a store online that works if you opt out) visa card security system on my bank's website. After I had reconsidered that free feature, it worked flawlessly :lol Let's just hope they don't think I wanted to buy like 11 copies now...
Verified by Visa? :D that's pretty much required if you want to shop online.

Edit: well it's not called that but you know what I mean, my bank has the same thing for online payment security

bran

tjohn86 said:
I think 14.99 might be the price i'll finally pay for cod4

Not sure if it's worth any $ at all, even free, to try to get into COD4 with servers full of max prestiged players.

vocab

bran said:
Not sure if it's worth any $ at all, even free, to try to get into COD4 with servers full of max prestiged players.

Rank means nothing in that game. I can seriously drop bombs with default kits against people with max level.

Minamu

Easy_D said:
Verified by Visa? :D that's pretty much required if you want to shop online.

Edit: well it's not called that but you know what I mean, my bank has the same thing for online payment security
That's right :) I've been shopping online without that stuff for a while & it has worked perfectly fine until yesterday so it wasn't exactly the first thing that came to mind :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom