• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf323

Plasma said:
Bully sale has been extended for another hour.

and thank God for that because I was without internet until about ten minutes ago

stupid router goofed and I had to spend about 30 minutes on the phone with FiOS customer service (really helpful people, I think I spent as much time on hold waiting to talk to someone as I did actually talking to the guy but he got it fixed fast)

Scrum

So there, one Rockstar collection bought. All I need now is time to play those games. My backlog was beginning to get massive before I bought this, now it is beyond massive. Oh well.

graywolf323

deal says 75% off Liberty City Stories but it only shows as 25% off :-/

I could afford it at 75% off :-( but at 25% off I don't have the money until I get paid Saturday *cries*

edit: looks like the 75% off was a typo because they've fixed it now

Rubezh

EFLC has a 15 activation limit which I'm not a fan of. Does anybody know what the DRM policy is on addon content bought from GFWL?

Im_Special

I'm very interested in that Guild Wars: Trilogy pack, but how does account creation work for Guild Wars with Steam? I've never played Guild Wars before but isn't there a limited number of character you can make per account, and if your Guild Wars account is linked with your Steam account do you only get one account?

graywolf323

crimsonheadGCN said:
If you could get someone to gift to you from the Brazilian store then the final price for Grand Theft Auto 4: Stories from Liberty City is $17.24

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=BR

is there anyone from Brazil that posts here regularly?

man I'm torn I really don't have the money right now but if someone would gift it to me I can pay you back Saturday but at the same time it's only 25% off :-/

Bisonian

Can anyone give a "state of the union" on how Guild Wars is holding up these days? I remember trying the original when it first came out but not getting very far into it. Is there anything worth checking out there this late in the game? Are the PvE and/or competitive aspects still worth it, and is the community still active?

I get the feeling it's probably a bunch of lifers playing the arena/competition modes and that's about it, but I would like to get some feedback if possible.

Mrbob

Oh wow for 20 bucks the Guild Wars Trilogy is a great value. I might pick that up.

Gonna wait on Liberty City Episodes until it is cheaper.

Oni Jazar said:
Well the game just came out on PC.
Oh, I'm aware. I'm just saying that this isn't tempting me like the other sales are with that feeling of "I probably shouldn't, as I won't get around to it any time soon, but dammit I'll buy it anyway" like the other ones do.

They're really just doing me a favor, so I shouldn't complain.

Ok the only thing that annoys me right now is that they put GTA III on sale last night and now this Classics pack. Which clearly I'm buying but why the hell put GTA III on sale by itself?

However, just noticed that you don't receive a second copy if you already own the game. So I can deal with that price minus one game. Fuck that's an awesome deaL!

Chris R

So Episodes finally finished downloading last night... My first PC game that my current system can't stand up to :lol Any quad core specific tweaks or tweaks that would require me to open the .ini file? Settings at max (well everything maxed except for the texture quality because it won't let me change that to high :( ) and a decent view distance and my system only gets like 35 fps :(

rhfb said:
So Episodes finally finished downloading last night... My first PC game that my current system can't stand up to :lol Any quad core specific tweaks or tweaks that would require me to open the .ini file? Settings at max (well everything maxed except for the texture quality because it won't let me change that to high :( ) and a decent view distance and my system only gets like 35 fps :(
Turn shadows down to high.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ehhh, why not. For completeness' sake, less than I paid for lunch for all the GTAs is just damn fine.
EDIT: Yeah, looks good.
2gt299z.gif

r0xaww.gif

29auxwl.gif

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Im_Special said:
Do mod's work with the Steam GTA games? I know that for the PC San Andreas the multiplayer mod won't work with steam.
It does, sorta, you just need to get hold of a cracked .exe.

graywolf323

Jeff Stephen said:
US store also has EFLC going for $17 & change.

if you clicked the Brazil link earlier in the thread you probably haven't reset your country code so you're still seeing the Brazil store prices instead

it is most certainly still $22.49 in the US

fallen_elite said:
IV is not included in the GTA Classics pack.

pretty sure he means III & Vice City have been on sale

fallen_elite

Neo Member
graywolf323 said:
pretty sure he means III & Vice City have been on sale
Oops I think you are right.

All these sales remind me that I will never buy a game full price on Steam ever again. :lol (looking at you EFLC)

vocab

rhfb said:

The game is optimized poorly. Seriously, the game runs shitt at low settings, but smoother at higher detail. Makes no sense.

maus

$22.50 for the episodes seemed pretty good, i bit. it was the only thing i really wanted from rockstar and i didn't think we would see a sale here.

still eyeing the classics pack but i already bought gta3 and it was a mediocre port (turning frame limiter off caused several issues right off the bat, no way i'll be playing a 7 year old 3d game at 30fps). only other gta i would want to relive is the first one. it's been so long since that hot summer i spent playing grand theft auto for hours on end.

Chris R

Ikuu said:
It does, sorta, you just need to get hold of a cracked .exe.
The view distance/ fog "hack" should work though right? Since it is just an .ini modification. No way in hell I'd be able to play GTA:SA without the viewdistance mod :lol Would suck if I'd have to keep my disc copy around just because the steam version doesn't work with the mod.

So I'm guessing this is the only sale we are going to see for the EFLC for awhile. How long will they be at this price? Looked around Steam site and couldn't find anything about when this sale will end.

graywolf323

I <3 Memes said:
So I'm guessing this is the only sale we are going to see for the EFLC for awhile. How long will they be at this price? Looked around Steam site and couldn't find anything about when this sale will end.

3PM Pacific 6PM Eastern

still tempted by it but sadly I don't have $22.49 right now so I guess I'll have to wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom