• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

speculawyer said:
Always happy to help GAFFers.

Especially Aussies screwed by region restrictions.

I played the GTA PC port when it came out and it didn't seem too bad.
sorry to disappoint you
but i'm not an Aussie :D (yeah, other countries are being screwed too ).

Truespeed

AgentOtaku said:
GTAIII deal is stupid IMO =/
Just buy the Rockstar pack...

Why buy the pack when Steam is presumably going to have a sale for each game in the pack so that you can pick and choose what you want. I have GTA IV and now GTA3. The only other game I want is Midnight Club Racing which will be 2.49 any day now.

What is up with this sale week? I go to campus for half a day, come back and find out I've missed a deal?

I would've bought GTA III had I been here.

Psy-Phi

Basileus777 said:
Steam is broken. I bought Max Payne but can't get it to show up in my games list.
YOU'RE BROKEN!

Seriously though, have you toyed with the list since the new UI came out officially? I believe it defaults to only show installed games, though I could be mistaken. In order to test if Steam shows newly purchased games in the list, I just bit the bullet on Serious Sam: Second Encounter HD and it showed up fine. So I have to guess that your list is only showing installed games.

That or your Steam software is broken. Try disconnecting and reconnecting.

Dynoro

legend166 said:
I was under the impression the PC versions of the PS2-era GTA games were vastly superior to their console counterparts, especially with mods.

So I think it's less to do with it being a bad port and more to do with GTA3 not aging all that well.
The PC ports of GTA3 and VC/SA are vastly superior in every way compared to the PS2 versions. I think you are quite right in that people are forgetting what the game used to be like on the PS2. Also if you go after a few mods you can get so much out of the games; even if you don't go for the multiplayer mods.

I remember playing the Xbox version of GTA3 or VC or maybe both, and not liking them at all, but I got GTA4 and it's been great so far. Good characters.

I can't drive for shit, though, and I keep running reds with cops around. They don't do anything! Terrible police...

legend166 said:
Well I have to find someone to gift it to me anyway since I can't buy it in Australia.
I know, I'm just saying it almost doesn't matter what time the sale is if it's going to be for three hours, at random.

thank you ever so much to brain_stew for gifting me a copy of the rockstar bundle and going to gift a friend when they come online again :) Just a call out to a nice guy :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy god the (unchanged) price of MW2 and now its map pack are insulting.

EDIT: I nabbed GTAIV during the Christmas sale for $7.50 but haven't even installed it. Now I wish I could get a refund on that and get the pack :lol.

Dynoro

bathala said:
thinking of getting X3 terran conflict
how complicated is it?
watching some vids, I feel intimidated by the menu system
I found the game pretty damn complicated; but I didn't give it a fair go at the time due to other commitments. It is meant to be a thoroughly excellent game though and it absolutely beautiful to look at. There is a wiki to help at http://x.wikia.com/wiki/X3:_Reunion

Wallach

I'm really bummed I missed the GTA IV deal. If anyone has a copy to gift that they'd be willing to negotiate (maybe someone that had it but went in on this Rockstar package) please PM me. :D

Sweet, I finally caught one of these. Although to be fair it was for the better as I really didn't need to buy any of the other games on sale.

Now, I just need to keep an eye out for San Andreas and Episodes from Liberty City.

Slo

I hate this 2 hour sale shit. I keep checking back to make sure it's not GTA4:LCS sale time yet. I'm such a rube.

Salacious Crumb

Can someone please help me out with purchasing the R* Collection.

If you're awesome enough to help me out I'll print out a copy of your avatar and stick it on my wall, and every morning I will kiss it. That's how much your kind deed will mean to me.

oh, and of course, I'll pay you through Paypal.

Cheers.

Note: I also posted this here but I figure I should post in here as well, just in case that one gets buried.

*Edit* zombieshavebrains was kind enough to help me out. Now I have the pleasure of kissing a winking Pikachu every morning:(........
:)

52club

Agree on the Bully price, it most likely the best price you'll find from a digital distribution site (if you don't mind waiting you might want to check Ebay), but in the prospective of a Steam sale that price is average at best. I was hoping for $5, and dreaming I would be shocked at a $2.50 price.

GHG

Getting this message:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Fucks sake. Why aren't you letting me add to my backlog steam!?!

Kayhan

GHG said:
Getting this message:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Fucks sake. Why aren't you letting me add to my backlog steam!?!
Try again, mine just went hrough.

amrod

sigh missed GTA 3 ... why must they do the sales while I sleep ;)

Here's hoping for the last day they put them all on sale again :D

Remy

Quick Bully impressions: looks a lot better than the PS2 version did (the AA helps), but it really feels like it's begging to be played with a 360 pad.

Nowhere is this more apparent than the English class, where rather than just typing in words, you're forced to use the movement controls + left alt to select the letters, then press down + left alt to try to confirm it. Such a pity.

Framerate appears to be capped to 30.

I think it's worth the $7.50, but I loved the PS2 version. YMMV.

Oh, I didn't notice that the game comes with the full soundtrack:

After purchase and download you can locate the soundtrack in your Steam folder here: [Steam\steamapps\common\bully scholarship edition\Bully Original Soundtrack]. The Steam folder is typically found under C:\Program Files\Steam

MNC

IS BULLY STILL ON!?!?! Can an American gift it to me? I'll repay the price. SteamID MNC117. I want to churn out every tidbit of Euro=/=USD mishap.

MNC

Same here. I hate how it's the same price USD/EUR though, which I why I hope someone will oblige to gifting it to me, and I will pay them back instantly.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I was on the fence with X3, but I insta-bought it after I ran the benchmark demo. Damn the screenshots do no justice to how freakin pretty the game is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom