• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Banned
So no point in buying Dirt if you buy Dirt2? The tracks/handling isn't different?
Does Fuel suck as much as it's gamerankings score says?
Any reason to double dip on Grid if you have it on X360 (besides 60fps instead of 30fps)?
ToCA3 not worth it if you have Grid?

Trying to figure out what I should pick up. Grid 2 seems a lock at least.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Bebpo said:
So no point in buying Dirt if you buy Dirt2? The tracks/handling isn't different?
Does Fuel suck as much as it's gamerankings score says?
Any reason to double dip on Grid if you have it on X360 (besides 60fps instead of 30fps)?
ToCA3 not worth it if you have Grid?

Trying to figure out what I should pick up. Grid 2 seems a lock at least.
nm dude, just pick up the whole thing if you're getting more than one. I didn't realize how the pricing was.

chixdiggit

Interested in Grid and Fuel. Downloading the Fuel Demo now. What does Grid compare to? Does the 360 or PS3 have a demo I can try before buying it on Steam?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Bebpo said:
Dirt has more point-to-point rally tracks than Dirt 2. If you have a wheel, then Dirt 2 would be the better game.

You can remove the piss filter in the PC version. 60 fps should be reason enough, though.

1-D_FTW

That's a nice sale. Too bad I have Grid and Dirt 2. And used to have TOCA 3.

I'll have to look at Fuel. Can't see myself buying Dirt since everyone says the handling is so much better in 2.

jlevel13

chixdiggit said:
Interested in Grid and Fuel. Downloading the Fuel Demo now. What does Grid compare to? Does the 360 or PS3 have a demo I can try before buying it on Steam?

There's a PC demo of Grid too (two tracks and cars), just do a google search. It's a very arcady racing game, with pretty floaty handling - basically the continuation of the TOCA series. A fair variey of tracks and cars, but hardly overwhelming (compared to Forza / Gran Turismo or even TOCA 3 etc). On console I guess it compares to the PGR series? Very slick graphics.

AcridMeat

Banned
I have wanted the original Dirt for quite a while. I have a 360 pad now, so I think I'm going to pick it up.

I don't really want Dirt 2, after playing the demo on XBL a couple times. I just hate the extreme sports x-games shit they brought to it.

How is ToCA 3? I've heard mixed things, is it worth it for such an older game?

switch-it

Banned
1-D_FTW said:

I'll have to look at Fuel. Can't see myself buying Dirt since everyone says the handling is so much better in 2.

Didn't notice that tbh. I think you should buy it if you liked Dirt 2. There's some excellent races up mountains with damn fast cars and great rally courses. I loved it very much.

AcridMeat said:
I have wanted the original Dirt for quite a while. I have a 360 pad now, so I think I'm going to pick it up.

I don't really want Dirt 2, after playing the demo on XBL a couple times. I just hate the extreme sports x-games shit they brought to it.

How is ToCA 3? I've heard mixed things, is it worth it for such an older game?

So very true. Actually liked Dirt 1 better than 2 too.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I like the video that plays with toca 3. It's just footage of dudes crashing, because let's me honest, that's all you will want to do when you play online with mates :lol

jlevel13

1-D_FTW said:

The handling is definitely better in Dirt 2, but the tracks, variety (Hill Climbs etc) and presentation is much better in Dirt 1, so I think it's kind of even. If you can deal with Grid's funky, floaty handling, at $2.50 you should check out Dirt (the handling is about the same as Grids, but w/o rewind if that matters).

Salsa

hwlev4.jpg

wat

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
butts said:
What program did you use to get your PS3 controller working? I'd like to do the same.
You can use BtSix to use a SixAxis/DS3 on a PC, but its a huge pita to get it working properly and you could easily fuck up your system in the process. There's a guide on how to do it here, I would read it twice before starting if I were you.

Slavik81

New TF2 update... medals, depending on when you first played the game. But it's awarding all the wrong medals.

I played the game in the pre-release beta and they seem to think I first played it more than a year after release.

Bluth54

Am I the only one getting the feeling that the next TF2 update will be the Engineer update? Why else would they make such a big deal about the 119th update?

Also I can't wait to buy that Heavy statue. If they're cheap enough I'll be buying both colors, if not just Red. Hopefully they'll release the entire team eventually.

butts said:
What program did you use to get your PS3 controller working? I'd like to do the same.
I'm using MotionJoy, but I may have spoken too soon on it working. We'll see.

Also @ the Bully deal, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but it's $6 on Newegg, $13 on Amazon, etc. Just saying that for comparison because while $7.50 is good, it isn't much of a deal.

Salsa

DigitalSoul said:
(though I think they are a bit overpriced).

They really are. Only reason i dont have one yet. Using a ps2 dual shock right now, but i know ill end up buying a 360 expensive one, oh well.

Haeleos said:
Bully is a pretty half assed port job. The mouse controls especially.

Time to go looking for my old PS2 USB adapter.

Yeah, several reviews said the keyboard controls were kinda crap.

If you play a lot of PC games you really should get the 360 controller. It seems to be the default controller.

Oreoleo

Awesome weekend deal, ended up grabbing Fuel and Dirt2. Between that and the Rockstar Pack my wallet has been hit hard this week. Nice job Steam, it hurts so good.

speculawyer said:
If you play a lot of PC games you really should get the 360 controller. It seems to be the default controller.

I've had the wired 360 controller for about 2 years and I use it for just about every 3rd person shooter and driving game I play on PC. It's great.

davonaytor said:
I posted this in the gifting thread, but I'll post it here too beacuse time is running short.

Are there any kind gaffers out there that are willing to gift an Australian 'Bully' while it's on sale?

I'll be able to pay you through paypal but it will take a week for the money to transfer from my bank account.

My steam ID is davonaytor.

Thanks.

Done.

Caoz

Im about to buy fuel. Please let me know why I shouldn't. The only racer i have is outrun 2006 and i am not into simulations.

hamchan

Caoz said:
Im about to buy fuel. Please let me know why I shouldn't. The only racer i have is outrun 2006 and i am not into simulations.

because you can use that money to buy Dirt 2, a much better game.

graywolf323

Caoz said:

because it's claim to fame is the Guinness award for having the largest game world

apparently that was goal during development :p

edit: it's really not supposed to be that good of a game sadly

Caoz

Desaparecido said:
FUEL looks fun. :(

Agree.

Your purchase receipt
Confirmation of your purchase is provided below. This information will also be emailed to you shortly.

Account Name
caoz
Total
$3.74 USD

Blizzard

Banned
Caoz said:
Try the demo. I didn't like it too much though maybe the demo was just boring. SecuROM was also enough to push me away from it, and the fact that I couldn't seem to find any fanmade FUEL mods. I don't see any install limits, but I still try not to support SecuROM if I can help it.

hamchan

Caoz said:
Agree.

Your purchase receipt
Confirmation of your purchase is provided below. This information will also be emailed to you shortly.

Account Name
caoz
Total
$3.74 USD

:(

Should have bought the pack so you can play Grid and Dirt 2 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom