• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Why are people buying FUEL? Did you forget that it was regarded as boring as hell? It has a huge open world to drive in, but absolutely nothing to do in it.

I mean, this is what I remember from when it came out, specifically when GB talked about it. But I also played the demo for it when it came out, and my thoughts coincided with the negative comments.

edit: Just saw what the price was for FUEL, thought it was $10.

Fuck it, do whatever the hell you want at that price. :lol :lol

edit2: I mean you can do whatever the hell you want at any price, but this makes a lot more sense.

AcridMeat said:
Why are people buying FUEL? Did you forget that it was regarded as boring as hell? It has a huge open world to drive in, but absolutely nothing to do in it.

I mean, this is what I remember from when it came out, specifically when GB talked about it. But I also played the demo for it when it came out, and my thoughts coincided with the negative comments.

Its $3.50 for an open world game that people may want to try for themselves.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
WickedLaharl said:
note to self: do not buy games unless you know you will be able to get a controller to work with them properly.
You can use joy2key to play anything with a gamepad. I played World in Conflict with a 360 controller.

Slavik81

burgerdog said:
Is the guild wars deal ending tonight?
"Celebrate the Guild Wars 5th Anniversary with 50% off the entire Guild Wars series this week only."

That's kind of vague. I'd presume it would still be good on Friday, though. Maybe even into next week, since it didn't go up until the middle of this week.

burgerdog said:
Is the guild wars deal ending tonight?
It was posted today, so I don't think so.

WickedLaharl said:
note to self: do not buy games unless you know you will be able to get a controller to work with them properly.
Is it the problem where it only works with 360 (technically XInput) controllers?

graywolf323

map2.jpg

the Guinness Record winning world of Fuel

but the article also made it sound like there wasn't a lot to do in that world

Dynoro

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'd love to have Dirt 2 to test my 5850, but it's £1.20 more than what I have in my account. Depressing! :lol
I got Dirt 2 with my 5850 and it is an excellent game to show off the graphic card capabilities - runs flawlessly maxed in dx11 at 60fps

Tim-E said:
I've really wanted to play Fuel ever since I read that RPS article, now I can't say no. You win again, Steam. :(

Yeah, I mean for $3 or however much it is, it isn't bad. But they really had a cool concept with the game, and then just totally fucked it up.

Danneee

Is Dirt 2 well optimized? I got burnt on GTA4 running at 23fps even though my gpu can handle Crysis at fairly high settings (Mobile Radeon 5650) and really don't want to spend money on games just because they are cheap anymore.

Dirt, Grid and Fuel are obvious buys and I'm thinking of skipping the other games in the pack in favour for X3 Terran Conflict, I guess you control that with the mouse?

Brainboy

Are Dirt/Dirt2/Grid all compatible with the 360 controllers? Do they change the button prompts to the 360 ones?

If so, I may be tempted to buy this despite the fact that I have far too many games to play already... Damn you, Steam! :lol

koji

Brainboy said:
Are Dirt/Dirt2/Grid all compatible with the 360 controllers?

Dirt 2 should be, it's listed in the steam store tab anyway. Grid and Dirt probably as well, not sure though.

Anyway, picked up Dirt 2, damn you attractive prices I can't pass up!8!!

Minsc

Gold Member
Sinatar said:
My god....

DiRT 2 is fucking gorgeous. Holy shit!

I'm really psyched for F1 2010 as it picks up where the DiRT 2 engine left off!

New X6 owners should check the game out too, as it is one of the games that will perform better on a X6 than i7!

legend166

legend166 said:
Is anyone able to give me some guidance with modding the Steam version of San Andreas? I want to mod it before I start playing.

Anyone done this? Finding some conflicting information through google.

Kayhan

Minsc said:
I'm really psyched for F1 2010 as it picks up where the DiRT 2 engine left off!

New X6 owners should check the game out too, as it is one of the games that will perform better on a X6 than i7!
Finally, those who shelled out $1000 for a CPU are redeemed!

Not really. I am asuming that anyone getting one of those monsters will be using their rig for things besides gaming

Kayhan

legend166 said:
Anyone done this? Finding some conflicting information through google.
I am having some problems with using the ENB series mod with my Steam version of GTA: SA. It seems to be installed and when I enable it with shift + F12, sure enough something happens but the performance is ridiculous, like 5 fps, and it sure doesn't look like the screenshots posted. This is with an ATI 5870 2GB.

legend166

Kayhan said:
I am having some problems with using the ENB series mod with my Steam version of GTA: SA. It seems to be installed and when I enable it with shift + F12, sure enough something happens but the performance is ridiculous, like 5 fps, and it sure doesn't look like the screenshots posted. This is with an ATI 5870 2GB.

I think you've got to 'downgrade' the Steam version of the game to v1 or something like that.

Firebrand

Brainboy said:
Are Dirt/Dirt2/Grid all compatible with the 360 controllers? Do they change the button prompts to the 360 ones?

Grid supports the 360 controller fully with rumble and Xbox360 UI icons, I assume same goes for Dirt2.

legend166

Shaneus said:
If it's of any help, the ENB mod works perfectly with GTA:VC. Haven't tested SA yet.

Yeah I don't think Vice City will be a problem. From what I've gathered, there's three versions of San Andreas:

1.0 - The original retail release.
2.0 - The retail release after the hot coffee fiasco.
3.0 - Digital download versions.

All the mods seem to be made for version 1. You can get a patch (unofficial) that 'downgrades' version 2.0 to version 1.0 and allow you to use mods. I'm seeing people suggest that the way to get the Steam version to work is to download a v1 exe, copy that into the steamapps/common/gtasa folder and then add the game to Steam as a non-Steam game. I haven't downloaded it yet though so I can't test it out.

Shaneus

Kayhan said:
What performance are you getting with ENB and GTA: VC? And what GPU?
Full framerate. That's with the ENB mod and there's a particle upgrade as well which I applied. Running a Q9550 quad core with an overclocked 5830.
Firebrand said:
Grid supports the 360 controller fully with rumble and Xbox360 UI icons, I assume same goes for Dirt2.
Can confirm it works with Dirt 2. Full rumble and everything without need for config. So glad that the 360 controller became the defacto standard for PC controllers.
Can anyone confirm whether it works with the first Dirt, Fuel and TOCA 3?

IceMarker

Okay what the hell is up with Guild Wars.

Seriously, it just got downloading through Steam and when I ran it a window popped up and said Unable to connect, blah blah blah.
What's wierder though is that I can go to the acccount pages and what not on NCsofts website, but I can't go to http://www.guildwars.com/ Firefox says it can't find the server. http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ says that it's up though.

Can anyone help or is anyone else having this problem? My ports are open, Gw.exe is an exception on Windows Firewall, and no one on Steam Forums or GW fan forums or wikis or NCsofts site has an answer or even mentioned it. I seem to be the only one with the problem.
Sucks I payed $20 for a damn dialog box.

Dynoro

MrMister said:
Okay what the hell is up with Guild Wars.

Seriously, it just got downloading through Steam and when I ran it a window popped up and said Unable to connect, blah blah blah.
What's wierder though is that I can go to the acccount pages and what not on NCsofts website, but I can't go to http://www.guildwars.com/ Firefox says it can't find the server. http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ says that it's up though.

Can anyone help or is anyone else having this problem? My ports are open, Gw.exe is an exception on Windows Firewall, and no one on Steam Forums or GW fan forums or wikis or NCsofts site has an answer or even mentioned it. I seem to be the only one with the problem.
Sucks I payed $20 for a damn dialog box.
Just tried www.guildwars.com and its loads fine so it might be a problem with your ISP. If you get to https://secure.ncsoft.com/login it seems like just the GW servers/URL are unreachable for you

Minsc

Gold Member
FleckSplat said:
Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap!

Had to look that up, knew I heard it before! So fitting too, in so many ways.

I should probably pick up GRID, I already have DiRT 2... I'm guessing GRID well worth $6 and is the best one to pick up besides DiRT 2 from those choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom