• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Berry

Banned
Man I'd KILL for a gifted Max Payne pack! Why I can't buy this on the AUS store is beyond me.

How much is it? PM me if your feeling generous.

Stallion Free said:
I would recommend Dirt 1 first as it doesn't have the rewind ability and if you play it second, it will be hard to adjust to not having that. Dirt 1 has some fantastic hill climbs that should not be missed. There is one in particular near the end of the championship mode that is 12 miles of pure awesome. You get into the zone and it's a goddamn magical experience.

Thanks, dling Dirt atm :D

Salsa

Anyone feeling like gifting me the max payne bundle ? $3.something right ? will paypal asap.

Also, how much is manhunt right now ?

I got Dirt2 free with my 5850 and I've really enjoyed it. Therefore I'm seriously considering Fuel and Grid as well. Will probably pick those up.

Minsc

Gold Member
Dr. Zoidberg said:
I got Dirt2 free with my 5850 and I've really enjoyed it. Therefore I'm seriously considering Fuel and Grid as well. Will probably pick those up.

GRID is supposed to be better than DiRT 2, it's what every PC racing game seems to get compared to. I'm going to grab it as well and see for myself.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
randomwab said:
Was it ever released on PC? I thought it was Wii/PS2/PSP only.

Yeah, I just looked at the wiki and apparently it came out on PC in November last year, but I didn't see it listed on Amazon along with the other system versions. Weird.

JoeBoy101

randomwab said:
Max Payne 1 has an issue with audio, but there's a small size patch to fix it. Neither game has widescreen support, they just stretch a 4:3 image. Other than that, they run fine, and are damn fine action games.

You sure about that? Pretty sure I played both in 1680X1050, and I know MP2 wasn't stretched. Can't remember on MP, but it was hardly unplayable, so I was probably fine.

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, I just looked at the wiki and apparently it came out on PC in November last year, but I didn't see it listed on Amazon along with the other system versions. Weird.

Amazon probably doesn't carry it because of the rating

JoeBoy101

Kayhan said:
What performance are you getting with ENB and GTA: VC? And what GPU?

Have you modified your config file yet for the GTA:SA ENB? The default config file uses highest settings on everything and will bring the game to a halt. You need to change the settings around to something more in line with what you're looking for. Go perusing GTA forums or other sites for some baselines. Let me know, and I can PM you my set (you can see my SS's a couple pages back).

Can you use a mic with the PC version of Manhunt? I remember hearing something about being able to have a headset plugged in and guards would react to any noise you make or something like that.

DMPrince said:
i didn't know Fuel and Dirt 2 were GFWL. woot achievements :lol.

Not to mention the achievements still log when you're in Debug mode. I haven't checked to see if you can get them all, but I was able to get half of the points almost instantly that way. Note that I wasn't trying specifically for this, I just wanted to use all the vehicles without having to unlock them.

Roofy

GAF should really try and set up an affiliate deal with Steam/Valve

I've bought 100+ games on steam based on GAF recommendation and PSA's alone :D :lol :D

Ugh, i installed FUEL this morning and after my nap i tried to play it but when you click on PLAY it says it has failed to contact key server, is anyone else getting this?

EvilDick34 said:
Ugh, i installed FUEL this morning and after my nap i tried to play it but when you click on PLAY it says it has failed to contact key server, is anyone else getting this?
didn't have any problem until i got to the GFW screen but after clicking retry it connected and let me register the game.

AcridMeat

Banned
Is there any way to get my connection speed to go faster on steam? :(

I've been downloading DiRT for maybe 7 hours and it's at 83%. I just forwarded the ports for the steam client but it did squat. I hate you steam, having such great deals but I can't fucking install them. :lol

NIN90

AcridMeat said:
Is there any way to get my connection speed to go faster on steam? :(

I've been downloading DiRT for maybe 7 hours and it's at 83%. I just forwarded the ports for the steam client but it did squat. I hate you steam, having such great deals but I can't fucking install them. :lol

Choose a different download region.

Steam->Settings->Download

AcridMeat

Banned
NIN90 said:
Choose a different download region.

Steam->Settings->Download

I've tried that as well, I live in the bay area and I'm connected to San Jose. This is also the fastest I've tried.

Edit:
Truespeed said:
This is NeoGAF. We don't install steam games :)

I know, but I'm still on a streak of at least playing each of the games I've impulse bought. :lol

So far the biggest regret is Freedom Force, I played an hour or two of the first and 15 minutes of the second.

AcridMeat said:
I've tried that as well, I live in the bay area and I'm connected to San Jose. This is also the fastest I've tried.
Wait until night time, the load on Steam is pretty low late at night in the pacific. Just look at that little chart on the steam store home page.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
LocoMrPollock said:
Huh? I thought that was pushed back to fall?

He probably just means it will go up on the "Coming Soon" list.

Nemesis121 said:
Tips for those buying GW, if you want the update to get all the files i suggest adding -image in the command line.

Doing this will prevent downloading files when you loading into certain areas sometimes GW won't DL all the files.

Can you explain how to do this? I am tArdeD.

JoeBoy101 said:
You sure about that? Pretty sure I played both in 1680X1050, and I know MP2 wasn't stretched. Can't remember on MP, but it was hardly unplayable, so I was probably fine.

I just played through MP2 the other day (see PC screenshot thread) and couldn't get the game to play in proper widescreen (1680x1050) without Max looking like a fat little-person. I checked the internet for a fix, but only found people complaining about how there wasn't one.

The game, textures in particular, stand up pretty well; even at 1280x1024.

examples:

MrChiaroscuro

Neo Member
Peronthious said:
Not to mention the achievements still log when you're in Debug mode. I haven't checked to see if you can get them all, but I was able to get half of the points almost instantly that way. Note that I wasn't trying specifically for this, I just wanted to use all the vehicles without having to unlock them.

Not for the achievements, but how you turn on debug mode in Fuel/Dirt 2???

randomwab

EvilDick34 said:

I'm getting the same error. Any solution yet? I checked on the Steam forum but it didn't look like they'd figured anything out.

Cirruss

Does anyone know how to remove card details from steam in this new ui?

I remember in the old UI there was a tickbox where you could untick it to not save your card details but i cant seem to find it in this one.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
JoeBoy101 said:

Must be nice having memories that output in proper widescreen.

Cirruss said:
Does anyone know how to remove card details from steam in this new ui?

I remember in the old UI there was a tickbox where you could untick it to not save your card details but i cant seem to find it in this one.
When in large mode, click on 'xxx's account' toward the upper right, and there will be a column on the right where you can delete card info.

Salsa

Ok Steam, you win.

35jwku9.jpg

bought two copies, one for myself and one for Ogs in exchange for this:

30j7nnq.jpg

:D

Think/hope im done with this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom