• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIN90

speculawyer said:
You really want MC2 for $9.99? I guess it is alright but wouldn't you want the Codemasters stuff that is available right now instead?

I have a whole lot of nostalgia for MC2 back from when I played it on the PS2. :lol
And I already bought the Codemasters pack today. :lol

NIN90

Wtf is going on with these stupid Rockstar sales. So they are only up for a couple hours each? I don't even see these deals in my steam client.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm downloading the FUEL demo again. I realized that I already had Crysis which has the SecuROM INSTALL limits. So in theory I'm pretty much already infected, and everyone loves Crysis. =P

I don't know the which levels of SecuROM Crysis and FUEL uses, but at least FUEL doesn't seem to have install limits. It sounds like a sparse and unfortunately maybe uncustomizable world, but still interesting for exploring or just random driving. And it's cool if they used satellite data to create it. I'm also interesting in seeing how smooth their seamless streaming is, or if there's major pop-in.

Bebpo

Banned
Is Whispered World really that good? Is it up there with the quality of Machinarium/Grim Fandango/The Longest Journey?

I'm kind of a dick when it comes to adventure games and don't pay over $20 for them even though they've always been my favorite genre and I should support them (and I do! if they are priced affordably). But when I get amazing adventure games like Machinarium for <$20 day1, and the Telltale games for like $6-8 an ep, and games like Cevile, Culpa Innata, Dreamfall, The Void, etc...on steam sales for <$10 it makes $27 look kind of high for an adventure game :X

epmode

Eurogamer seemed to despise the main character's voice which really brought down the score. I played the demo and while Sadwick's voice is definitely not great, it's far better than Mona in A Vampyre Story. The localization is pretty decent too.

Hell, I might buy it just for the rad art.

Joe Molotov

EvilDick34 said:
Ugh, i installed FUEL this morning and after my nap i tried to play it but when you click on PLAY it says it has failed to contact key server, is anyone else getting this?

Steam ran out of Fuel keys, it said they've requested some more.

Psy-Phi

Joe Molotov said:
:( hope they get them. I was gonna give this a run when I got home from work. Purchased it last night but went to sleep before running it. If only we didn't need keys for games on steam...

Suairyu

Banned
Ugh they had Bully on sale AGAIN when I was at work. Damnit. Ah well, Amazon has it for £4, so I'll grab it there. It's probably not a game I'll replay years down the line, so having it Steam-tied isn't essential. Especially at such a low price.

epmode said:
Eurogamer seemed to despise the main character's voice which really brought down the score. I played the demo and while Sadwick's voice is definitely not great, it's far better than Mona in A Vampyre Story. The localization is pretty decent too.

Hell, I might buy it just for the rad art.

Yeah, Sadwick sounds like a bad Adam Sandler impression of The Waterboy.

But otherwise the game seemed pretty good from what I played of the demo. And there is the option of turning the voices off. I just wish it had widescreen support.

Joe Molotov said:

Sold out! :lol That always cracks me up for DD.

But it is still for sale:
Notice: NOTE: We have temporarily run out of game keys for FUEL and more have been requested. You can still purchase the game and when we have more keys, FUEL will unlock for you automatically. Our apologies!

Why does EVERY FUCKING GAME have to spend 5 minutes trying to load DirectX? Can't it just check if I've got it and then move on. I must have installed DirectX about 100+ times now!

Costanza

Banned
Anyone want to just randomly drive around in Fuel in a little bit? i'm bored

also, is there any way to text chat in that game? I couldn't find a button to do it last night

panda21

speculawyer said:
Why does EVERY FUCKING GAME have to spend 5 minutes trying to load DirectX? Can't it just check if I've got it and then move on. I must have installed DirectX about 100+ times now!

yeah this really pisses me off. why can't it just leave it up to you to install the latest one and MS include all the versions in the install?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Leckan said:
When we will see Planescape Torment in STEAM?

Keep dreaming baby. Maybe you can get together with the guy who *remembers* Max Payne 2 in proper widescreen and make the impossible happen.
I wish both those would happen so goddamn bad.

What's up with Fuel's graphics? I'm running it at 1080p but it looks like the game is being rendered at a much lower resolution and being upscaled.

Seems like a pretty fun game so far, though. Nothing mind-blowing, but I'm liking the gimmick of the huge open world enough to get my $4 worth.

speculawyer said:
I guess it might be one of the drawbacks to Steam's streamlined install process. Or do some games get around it? I can't remember it doing that for Valve games. But yeah, one of the more irritating things about Steam.

krzy123

speculawyer said:

Yeah i get annoyed by this too, but I wonder if its because Steam has a "sandboxed" approach to the games, so each game needs its own directx dll (its particular version) for compatibility (and doesn't use the registry)

I haven't researched this, but this is what ive always assumed.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Leckan said:
When we will see Planescape Torment in GOG?

Fixed. Anyway i wouldn't count on Planescape Torment being released on DD sites anytime soon since it's one of the hardest titles to secure licenses for according to the gog.com guys.

Blizzard

Banned
rohlfinator said:
What's up with Fuel's graphics? I'm running it at 1080p but it looks like the game is being rendered at a much lower resolution and being upscaled.

Seems like a pretty fun game so far, though. Nothing mind-blowing, but I'm liking the gimmick of the huge open world enough to get my $4 worth.
From the screenshots thread:

With Fuel something's broked with the texturing. You need to force trilinear mipmaps and anisotropic filtering (don't use the ingame option) and clamp negative LOD bias through your drivers/nhancer to get the textures looking nice. Its really nice looking game once you do that the only major issue is the super low resolution shadow maps.

Boy, Beat Hazard is fun - and hard! I had to bump it down to easy to survive a song (I don't play many shmups). Static-X and Liquid Tension Experiment were made for this game. Worth $10.

Blizzard said:
I just checked again, and the advanced 3D options in CCC only has 7 options. None of them appear to have anything to do with LOD. I'm using a 4850...
2/3 is good enough.

well i just googled. it's for nvidia cards. should have figured that out when he said "nhancer" :lol

AcridMeat

Banned
So have the original DiRT servers gone? Couldn't get it working, sadness. :( I wanted to race point to point with friends who bought it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom