• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinomura

Diablohead said:
I had this problem before and it happend when I tried to force on some ambient occlusion in my gforce drivers, once disabled the problem went away.
Thank you for your reply, kind sir.

I've disabled ambient occlusion, but it didn't solve the problem. But once disabling pretty anything via nhancer it worked! :)

Mrbob

JRW said:
Hm wonder if Max Payne 2 runs properly in Win7.

Runs fine for me on Win 7 64. Its a 4:3 game though so when I run it in 1080P everything is expanded. I need to go look and see if I can adjust some ini files to get a true wide screen look.

I have a Q9550 w/ GTX260 for hardware.

I also have to say GTA4 looks amazing on PC. The detailed environment with some cranked up visuals is probably the best looking game I've ever seen. The texture work in the world is astounding.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mrbob said:
Runs fine for me on Win 7 64. Its a 4:3 game though so when I run it in 1080P everything is expanded. I need to go look and see if I can adjust some ini files to get a true wide screen look.

Don't bother looking, there is no solution.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
*buys Guild Wars*

*links CD Key to old trial account*

*cannot remember any character names on said account*

*has spent over an two hours waiting for tech support*

$20 well spent.

radeonxt

Can anyone confirm if TOCA 3 & Conlin DIRT 1 from steam have got starforce?

I've seen many different opinions over internet and I'm a bit confused... :S

Alien8

NubCakes09 said:
Any chance San Andreas will go on sale again? I missed it the first time :(

The GTA classics (GTA 3, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, GTA, GTA2) are on sale at this moment for 7,50€.

Slavik81

Archie said:
*buys Guild Wars*

$20 well spent.
That's a shame. I found out about that new log-in field after I bought these too. Fortunately, I played quite a bit of the game, so I remember several characters.

Archie said:
*buys Guild Wars*

$20 well spent.

Look for some old screen shots see if a friend has a pic of your character name, i had the same problem (took a 2 year break) but thankfully i had quite a few SS on disk....

NubCakes09 said:
Any chance San Andreas will go on sale again? I missed it the first time :(
Doubt it since it has been on sale twice. You best bet is the classics pack available now for $7.50 or just get the whole pack for the $42.50. The whole pack is a damn good deal . . . Episodes was just released. Bully is great. Both Max Paynes. And all the GTAs.

JRW

Mrbob said:

I have a Q9550 w/ GTX260 for hardware.

I also have to say GTA4 looks amazing on PC. The detailed environment with some cranked up visuals is probably the best looking game I've ever seen. The texture work in the world is astounding.

It wouldnt work for me at first but installing latest 197.45 nvidia driver fixed it (kinda funny I didnt think that would work..being i was running the previous 197.13 driver).

Im also running a 1080p monitor and it seems the best "fix" ive found is to change the resolution to 1600x1200 (4:3) which makes the game run with black bars on the sides, at least max payne doesn't look like a fat midget anymore.

Spwn

Must... resist...

I don't even like San Andreas. Vice City is easily the best GTA and I prefer the first two over the third game. So I'll be spending the 7.50€ on some high quality cereal tomorrow. Yes, some high quality cereal. And milk. Definitely need a gallon of milk.

Spwn said:
Must... resist...

I don't even like San Andreas. Vice City is easily the best GTA and I prefer the first two over the third game. So I'll be spending the 7.50€ on some high quality cereal tomorrow. Yes, some high quality cereal. And milk. Definitely need a gallon of milk.
If you wait until the cereal goes on sale, you can buy both cereal and GTA. You can eat the cereal while you download GTA. :D

vocab

Mrbob said:

Are we playing the same game? GTAIV looks like absolute piss at maxed out 1080P, and runs like garbage no matter what settings I use. After playing a colorful and smooth session of Just Cause 2, it's hard to stomach the brownness of GTAIV.

-viper-

Banned
The 'sales' in the UK store are non-existent. Prices are mostly the same as retail, if not more expensive. Digital distribution sucks.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I'm assuming DiRT 2 is pointless to try and play with kb/m? I just bought it but won't install it 'til I get a 360 controller receiver. Why are these so rare and expensive?

NameGenerated said:
I'm assuming DiRT 2 is pointless to try and play with kb/m? I just bought it but won't install it 'til I get a 360 controller receiver. Why are these so rare and expensive?
i'd just go get wired controller. it's only like $30.

-viper- said:
The 'sales' in the UK store are non-existent. Prices are mostly the same as retail, if not more expensive. Digital distribution sucks.

There have been some decent sales: Ghostbusters and Trine for £5 each a few months back, Crysis pack was cheap as chips and now we have GTA4 and Codemasters pack. You are right about the shitty prices though, Just Cause 2 was (I think) £39 and I bought it from Zavvi for £22 last week...same story with Bioshock 2.

Salsa

Lets install GTA IV, yeeeeeeeey!

m9udxz.jpg

nfl534.png

vocab

NameGenerated said:

I beat 5 hours worth of Dirt 2 on KB/M. It's fine.

Haeleos

Marty Chinn said:
Ok, so I can't gift the extra copy of Grid, is there a reason to get both Dirt and Dirt 2 or is Dirt 2 good enough?

DiRT is superior if you are into the series for the rally/time trial stuff.

Mrbob

vocab said:
Are we playing the same game? GTAIV looks like absolute piss at maxed out 1080P, and runs like garbage no matter what settings I use. After playing a colorful and smooth session of Just Cause 2, it's hard to stomach the brownness of GTAIV.

D:

The game can be brown, but the texture work is amazing in the game. Runs fine on my setup too.

Mrbob

Might run a little choppy. Lowering your resolution could help...GTA4 recommendation is a quad core. I have a Q9550 quad core CPU chip which I'm running at 3.4ghz currently.

Salsa

K, good to know, we`ll see. This PC has been good to me, could play Mass Effect 2 with everyhing maxed without any drop in framerate. Thats when i decided i wouldnt waste my money in upgrading just yet.

Hope this is playable at 1440x900.

vocab

SalsaShark said:
Since we are talking GTA IV

Core2duo e7200 @ 2.53 ghz
2gb ram
Geforce 9600gt 512mb gddr3

should work okay right ?

Good luck finding playable settings.

My I5-750, and 5850 gets like min 20 Max 60ish Avg like 20-50. The Port blows. On low settings I get popup draw distance graphical problems which makes the game unplayable. Don't say I didn't warn you.

SalsaShark said:
Since we are talking GTA IV

Core2duo e7200 @ 2.53 ghz
2gb ram
Geforce 9600gt 512mb gddr3

should work okay right ?

Yeah, you might get 25 to 30 fps with everything on low. And it will look closer to San Andreas than GTA IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom