• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

graywolf323 said:
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City is 25% off again for the next six hours (ends 11pm EDT)

Wasn't this 75% off at one point during this week? Or has it never gone lower than 25% off?

chixdiggit

zombieshavebrains said:
No problems here, i just added midnight club 2 even though i don't wish i had it.

That's odd it won't work for just me. I guess I'll shoot Steam an E-mail and see what they have to say.

Dammit, these repeat deals finally got me to cave on EFLC. I still haven't played BoGT, and this is probably as cheap as they're going to get for a while.
I feel so used.

John

b7etjc.jpg

Dammit Steam.

John said:
Dammit Steam.
Does Steam give you a CD key? If so you could probably just download the client from guildwars.com. I've always had pretty good connection speeds from ArenaNet's servers.

If you can do it that way, you also get the bonus of being able to start playing before the full game has finished downloading. It only streams the areas you need.

graywolf323

Kerrinck said:
Got EFLC last time it was on sale, 17$ is too good a deal to pass.

for $17 I might cave but since it's $22.49 here in America I think I'll pass

plus I want to get a blu-ray drive for my laptop so trying to save at least some money, no help from Steam there :lol

Kerrinck

graywolf323 said:
for $17 I might cave but since it's $22.49 here in America I think I'll pass

plus I want to get a blu-ray drive for my laptop so trying to save at least some money, no help from Steam there :lol

Yeah, kinda odd for it to be cheaper in here. It usually mirrors the US store price.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
The category listing is the best part of the new UI. I have mine set up like this:

110jhxi.png

I do wish I could move the 'Now Playing' tab to the top, though.

Archie said:
The category listing is the best part of the new UI. I have mine set up like this:

[*IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/110jhxi.png[/IMG]

I do wish I could move the 'Now Playing' tab to the top, though.
What's in Rainy Day? :lol

benjipwns

Banned
rohlfinator said:
Does Steam give you a CD key? If so you could probably just download the client from guildwars.com. I've always had pretty good connection speeds from ArenaNet's servers.

If you can do it that way, you also get the bonus of being able to start playing before the full game has finished downloading. It only streams the areas you need.
You can do this. Just right click on GWT -> Properties -> Visit Guild Wars Account Site and it sends you to a NC Soft page with the key auto-entered and then you just tie it to your account. Then you can just grab the client from them if you want.

John

Somnia said:
Thanks for the idea on beaten/unbeaten :D
The idea is that I ignore the ones I've already done and get my unambitious ass around to playing some of the dozens of unbeaten games I've got lying around.

kuYuri

Orellio said:
You don't. AFAIK you have to make a new category. The only way to get rid of the misnamed category is to remove all the games from it.

Ok, so how do you create new categories? I can't seem to find it.

NameGenerated said:
Can anyone tell me how to run Dirt 2 in full screen?
run the game and go into options which happens to be when you go "outside" to set all the graphical stuff. but wasn't it already in full-screen from the beginning? o.o. actually i dont' think there is full screen option. or Alt-Enter.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
DMPrince said:
run the game and go into options which happens to be when you go "outside" to set all the graphical stuff. but wasn't it already in full-screen from the beginning? o.o. actually i dont' think there is full screen option. or Alt-Enter.
For some reason it wasn't, and there is no option. Alt-Enter worked though, thanks guys.

robatw

If i buy that Rockstar Collection - will i get the possibility to gift GTA IV because i already bought it during the christmas sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom