• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
benjipwns said:
Some on the Steam Forums seem to think it's an Editor related update.

Last one I can think of was NBA 2K10 which got the patch but then didn't get the news item posted for like a day and a half.

Valve is usually instant with them, but third parties sometimes are not as fast. Especially if they have multiple versions of the game and the patches come out at different times. (Like 2K does for 2K10, retail, Steam, Gamersgate, D2D, etc. all needed specific patches.)

Well the forum for 2K10 updated pretty much instantly. And that wasn't exactly a normal patch rollout considering gamersgate released the patch early which forced 2K sports to release the patch early to retail.

Hawk SE

The update may not be simultaneous with the Retail or other Digital Download versions. We might be delayed a day for the 1.15 update.

Scipius

I only bought Torchlight with the most recent sale weeks ago and it's been at 1.15 all that time. This seems to be strictly due to a forced download of the editor; if you look in your Steam tools section you'll see it's now "Ready to play". Unfortunately you cannot delete the local content, because it says Torchlight needs the data.

Instro

Hawk xSx said:
The update may not be simultaneous with the Retail or other Digital Download versions. We might be delayed a day for the 1.15 update.

I asked on the Steam forum about that, 1.15 is an old update, its not this.

From what im reading the editor is now part of the game and cannot be unistalled without unistalling the whole game. Wonder what they did that for?

Twig

Banned
I've had no update today. And I already had the editor.

For whatever that's worth.

Also I'm fairly certain the Steam version has been 1.15 forever. I agree that 1.2 thing in the news story is a typo. 1.15 is very, very familiar to me. And, like I said I haven't downloaded any update today, yet I'm at version 1.15 already.

On the other hand, I've never gotten a map as a reward from Vasman. Maybe it's just random and I'm unlucky. I always get worthless equipment. ):

Instro

Twig said:
I've had no update today. And I already had the editor.

For whatever that's worth.

Also I'm fairly certain the Steam version has been 1.15 forever. I agree that 1.2 thing in the news story is a typo. 1.15 is very, very familiar to me. And, like I said I haven't downloaded any update today, yet I'm at version 1.15 already.

Hm maybe this is only affecting people with the editor?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Instro said:
Hm maybe this is only affecting people with the editor?
Negative. Game was updated for me as well 1,3gB update, I now have the editor installed as well.

Well geez, I was wondering why my internet was slow, guess Steam was downloading :lol

Javaman

Regarding torchlight...
Did they ever fix the bug with the three colored portal runes you can't drop if you go through the map again?

From the Fuel steam forum...

This is something what jarateed me off when some Volunteer Mod came and close Threats and say to read the sticky.
Right now it is a law issues. You steal my money. The sticky says WAIT. But why wait and for how long? I wait now 4 Days.
4 Days for now answer and no key. What will you do or feel if you buy something in ebay or somewhere els and you read only after a half day in the shop and Forum "Out of Key you have to wait." If not, sh.. happens

It's a LAW ISSUE man! :lol

Hawk SE

I JUST read that post. I'm waiting for my FUEL key too...

EDIT: I sent a reply to @runicgames on Twitter about this. This is their response:

@runicgames said:
runicgames

Whatever that DL is, it's news to us. Investigating. @pwnophobia @HawkxSx @mrbuttocks @andrenekoi
2 minutes ago via web

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Brazil said:
Okay: holy shit at Dirt 2. What an awesome game.

Yeah its really cool but i think i'm getting kinda bored with it. Same stuff over and over...

I was wondering about the torchlight update too, glad there are some internet detectives on hand.

Instro

Twig said:
well that's disappointing

though i suspected as much when the update size was over twice the size of the game

Yeah I was kind of hoping for some sort of stealth update like Portal and Trine

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Didn't get the update, and my game has been at 1.15 for a long while now. Glad they didn't suck up my measly bandwidth. :)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man, GTA IV is actually playable these days :), happy with the purchase, sure it's mostly 25ish fps outside but at the very least it's a consistent framerate :lol. One day I'll upgrade to quad, maybe, or just OC. It's a performance/cost issue. But for now this will do just fine.

Edit: By the way, you can delete the Torchlight Editor now.

Archie said:
The category listing is the best part of the new UI. I have mine set up like this:

http://i40.tinypic.com/110jhxi.png

I do wish I could move the 'Now Playing' tab to the top, though.

It was until they ruined it. Categories are useless currently because they make things harder to find, not easier. I have to either remember exactly which category something is in (since it's taken out of All Games) or else search every one. Such a waste.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
BobJustBob said:
It was until they ruined it. Categories are useless currently because they make things harder to find, not easier. I have to either remember exactly which category something is in (since it's taken out of All Games) or else search every one. Such a waste.
BobJustBob
Has trouble remembering where he puts his stuff
(Today, 01:47 AM)
Reply | Quote

BobJustBob said:

Still not sure why they removed the ability to add games to multiple categories (and of course, still waiting on some kind of solution to the problem of non-Steam game images...)

Twig

Banned
BobJustBob said:
While I don't like the way they changed categories, it's hardly ruined.

I have absolutely no trouble remembering what categories I put the games in...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
I have absolutely no trouble remembering what categories I put the games in...

Yeah, I don't have any trouble remembering either... because my categories are FPS, RPG, Racing, RTS, etc. If I can remember something as obscure as the title of a game, I am sure I can remember what type of game it is.

Well still no Fuel key. Five days later.

:(

Honestly anyone trying to defend or soften this BS needs to go die in a fire.

If it were a thread about how I bought a game from Gamestop, got home and realized there was a disc cleaner disc in the box instead of then game and finally told on the phone that they don't actually have a copy of the game and I need to wait a week then you can bet that there would be hell raining down.

Blizzard

Banned
Well I'm kind of disappointed with Asobo Studio, but I expect to be disappointed with the game (and its icky graphics on ATI and low overall rating) anyway. :lol My backlog is big enough but I can understand people being frustrated.

I don't really blame Valve since they put up the warning message in the store almost immediately, and I'm currently assuming that all the delay is Asobo Studio or whoever is responsible for the FUEL keys.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BudokaiMR2 said:

If it were a thread about how I bought a game from Gamestop, got home and realized there was a disc cleaner disc in the box instead of then game and finally told on the phone that they don't actually have a copy of the game and I need to wait a week then you can bet that there would be hell raining down.

The sad thing is that this isn't the first time this has happened.

panda21

BudokaiMR2 said:

i assume its because today is a holiday in the UK, so no one will have been at work since the keys ran out.

they shouldn't let it happen in the first place but presumably thats why theres been such a delay.

panda21 said:
i assume its because today is a holiday in the UK, so no one will have been at work since the keys ran out.

they shouldn't let it happen in the first place but presumably thats why theres been such a delay.

I'd assume so - we've had the May Day Bank Holiday here today (or yesterday now...) so if Valve are waiting on a UK company to provide a fresh batch of keys then it's damn likely they've been closed since 5pm on Friday and won't open until 9am tomorrow.

I'm not sure how Steam handle managing the number of keys they have available but I would have thought that coordinating with the publishers to ensure there is an adequate supply before a sale kicks off would be a smart idea, rather than scrambling to arrange extra keys after they run out. Ah, well - hopefully I'll get my copy activated when I get back from work tomorrow...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
zombieshavebrains said:
Yeah its really cool but i think i'm getting kinda bored with it. Same stuff over and over...
I guess you could say that, but I don't usually play racing games in long sessions, so I can't complain.

And now I'll definitely pick up F1 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom