• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

robatw

Desaparecido said:
No. There are very few instances where you can do that.

that is too bad. i'm interested in all those rockstar games and i got my german steam account unlocked today..

when did that rockstar week start? i'm thinking of buying the whole package even though i got gta 4 already...

Salsa

Been playing GTA IV for about an hour and well...

11kuyrm.jpg

Yeah, the game looks and plays (mostly plays) really bad. But i think im gonna give it a chance anyway.

SalsaShark said:
Been playing GTA IV for about an hour and well...

http://i44.tinypic.com/11kuyrm.jpg
Yeah, the game looks and plays (mostly plays) [b]really[/b] bad. But i think im gonna give it a chance anyway.[/QUOTE]

Shitty port....... :(((

PS:Considering how shitty the PS2 era GTA's looked even on medium this game looks great.

Kritz

Banned
Sigh, that beaten / not beaten idea was great until I actually did it. Now I'm stuck knowing I'll probably never finish the games in "Unbeaten" section, and from here on I'll only add to it. :(

ArjanN

Kritz said:
Sigh, that beaten / not beaten idea was great until I actually did it. Now I'm stuck knowing I'll probably never finish the games in "Unbeaten" section, and from here on I'll only add to it. :(

I usually get around to everything eventually.

Of course, some games end up "unbeaten" because they're just not very good/worth your time.

I need a multi category option badly :( I put the games in some genre categories AND in "notebook" and "desktop" earlier in the beta. With my >100 games I'd like to have this back :(

a "not installed" preset category would be nice as well

Hawk SE

I would organize my games again like I did in Beta, but honestly...I have about half my games installed.

So I just view my games through "Installed" and split the games between Favorites and Games...

Truespeed said:
Not until they're convinced everyone is frustrated by their sporadic GTA sale pricing strategy.

Yeah this is really annoying. I just want the Max Payne Collection, GTA San Andreas, and Bully but these have all been on sale for a couple hours when I'm at work. I'm not going to buy the Rockstar Collection so I'm probably not going to end up buying anything.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
videotape said:
Yeah this is really annoying. I just want the Max Payne Collection, GTA San Andreas, and Bully but these have all been on sale for a couple hours when I'm at work. I'm not going to buy the Rockstar Collection so I'm probably not going to end up buying anything.
This. I want San Andreas on the cheap but i was asleep when the offers were on.
Stupid times for everyone except the US Too.
Shoulda been daily sales.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Desaparecido said:
Six hour EFLC sale at the same price as before (22.50, 25% off).

No way I'm paying three times as much for the expansion as the game itself.
:lol

Why not? It just came out and it is standalone. There is probably more content (not to mention better content) in the two episodes combined than there is in vanilla GTAIV.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Zefah said:
Why not? It just came out and it is standalone. There is probably more content (not to mention better content) in the two episodes combined than there is in vanilla GTAIV.

You have to understand something that is common in this thread: Gaf is cheap as fuck. It doesn't matter if the game has 100+ hours of gameplay and costs 2.50$ they will still fucking make posts asking if it's worth it or about how they are passing up on it because they can't handle the price.

Zefah said:
I paid $7.50 for vanilla GTA4 and I'm barely 25% through it. And again, I have a backlog, so it's not like I'm actively looking for games to throw my money at. :lol

Also Stallion is right, I'm a CAG.

Kayhan

Desaparecido said:
I paid $7.50 for vanilla GTA4 and I'm barely 25% through it. And again, I have a backlog, so it's not like I'm actively looking for games to throw my money at. :lol

Also Stallion is right, I'm a CAG.
cheap ass gaffer?

Rubenov

Caesar III said:
I need a multi category option badly :( I put the games in some genre categories AND in "notebook" and "desktop" earlier in the beta. With my >100 games I'd like to have this back :(

a "not installed" preset category would be nice as well

Click "Category" and then "Add Category" on the right side of the library.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
panda21 said:
still no fuel keys?
Nope, though an admin related to Valve said that they're still waiting on the keys and that it should be soon. This was about 2 hours ago.

JRW

Nemesis121 said:
Shitty port....... :(((

PS:Considering how shitty the PS2 era GTA's looked even on medium this game looks great.

GTAIV actually looks and runs better on my PC (with all high settings) than it did on my 360.

deleted

Steam just re-downloaded Torchlight. Anyone knows whats up with that?

Edit: Its bigger than before, almost twice the size... Apperently it not only happened to me. New Content incoming?
Multiplayer?

Instro

Er well Torchlight currently takes up about half the size of whatever is dling for us, sooo....fat ass update? Everyone who owns Torchlight seems to be dling w/e it is.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Yeah, my game's uploading as well. Don't think it's multiplayer since the developers said they wanted to release the multiplayer seperately or something... or so I've heard.

Twig

Banned
Yeah unless they've changed plans dramatically, Torchlight will never be multiplayer. (Except possibly through that one mod.)

The multiplayer "Torchlight" will be a free-to-play MMO ala uh... what was it called...

Mythic? I think. I forget!

Oreoleo

benjipwns said:
Not the first time a game has updated for me and the news wasn't posted until hours later.

I was trying to think of an instance where this was the case and was at a loss. I'll take your word on it though.

Hawk SE

Steam Torchlight is at 1.14

This looks good:

Runic Games said:
New Content

Patch 1.15 includes 5 new challenge room maps to test your bravery and wit! New players can now obtain these maps as rewards for completing various quests from Vasman in Torchlight. New challenges await in the Tomb of the Awakened, Estherian Ruins, Dwarven Fortress, Molten Prison, and Black Palace.

benjipwns

Banned
Some on the Steam Forums seem to think it's an Editor related update.
Orellio said:
I was trying to think of an instance where this was the case and was at a loss. I'll take your word on it though.
Last one I can think of was NBA 2K10 which got the patch but then didn't get the news item posted for like a day and a half.

Valve is usually instant with them, but third parties sometimes are not as fast. Especially if they have multiple versions of the game and the patches come out at different times. (Like 2K does for 2K10, retail, Steam, Gamersgate, D2D, etc. all needed specific patches.)

Instro

huh I wonder why it says 1.2 on steam, whatever. Someone on steam forums has finished dling, it says 1.15 so I guess thats the update.

Maybe it needed to re-download the whole game to update...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom