• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
morningbus said:
I'm telling you guys, I have my finger on the pulse of the zeitgeist: over the past few days I've been getting people to install FreeCiv (an open-source version of Civilization) and now, as if ordained by the Gods-atop-Mt. Olympus-themselves, Civ4 is on sale for stupidly little money.

You're welcome.

Please do Dragon Age next.

Spwn

Bought the Civ IV complete during the holidays and haven't regretted. Buy it, people! Even Civ III is great fun.

My name is Speculawyer and I have a Steam problem. I bought Civ III for no reason other than to have it. I have no plans of playing it. :lol

a : every pc gamer has to play a Civilization game at some point in their life.
b: every pc gamer must own Civ IV.
c: every GAF pc gamer must own Civ IV.

a + b + c = x

x: You MUST buy CIV IV Complete if you are reading this!

Lasthope106 said:
a : every pc gamer has to play a Civilization game at some point in their life.
b: every pc gamer must own Civ IV.
c: every GAF pc gamer must own Civ IV.

a + b + c = x

x: You MUST buy CIV IV Complete if you are reading this!
Well, it will come on sale again sometime.
Right?

Spwn

speculawyer said:
My name is Speculawyer and I have a Steam problem. I bought Civ III for no reason other than to have it. I have no plans of playing it. :lol

You don't have to make a plan to play CivIII. It's one of those games that you play when you notice that "I have to wake up tomorrow morning at 6am, it's 9pm and I'm not sleepy. Maybe this will do the trick. Wait. It's 4am now? How in the..."

vazel

Banned
I agree with a. But I wouldn't blame someone for still only having played a previous installment, these games do have endless replayability.

Truespeed

speculawyer said:

You're not alone. You're just part of a very large collective that buys Steam games but never installs them.

hamchan

speculawyer said:
I was also considering buying it even though I own Civ4 and have no desire to drop down a level. It's just so cheap...

graywolf323

speculawyer said:

I would have made a Steam group for us addicts by now but they won't let me have Steam in the name :lol

hamchan said:
I was also considering buying it even though I own Civ4 and have no desire to drop down a level. It's just so cheap...
Yep. I have Civ IV. But Civ III was just $1.25. Half a box of cereal. I can eat that in one sitting.

Wallach

Great. I just bought Civ III too after hearing it's only $1.25. I probably won't ever play it either (I won't even see the full content of Civ IV most likely, much less Civ III).

Minsc

Gold Member
Wallach said:
Great. I just bought Civ III too after hearing it's only $1.25. I probably won't ever play it either (I won't even see the full content of Civ IV most likely, much less Civ III).

Don't forget to pre-order Civ V while you're at it! :lol

Blizzard

Banned
Gowans007 said:
Since the update Steam keeps hanging on launch every time :(

Any ideas? Win XP box
There was a Steam update today? The eternal generic answer is "try deleting clientregistry.blob", but you may have already tried that. :(

I'm really tempted to double dip on the Civ IV collection here just because it was one of the last PC games I bought on discs and I was just thinking about how much I don't want to reinstall those discs on my new PC and deal with the hassle.

Mods (FFH and Planetfall) work with Steam version, right?

nexen

speculawyer said:
I already own this on disc. I probably will never play it again. I hate DRM of all forms and think that DD is the devil. I still bit.

It was a $1.25...

Hawk SE

Bah, I am in-between paydays.

Is there any GAFer will to gift CIV IV Complete?

I have never played this series before. I figure the time is right...

Volcynika

Hawk xSx said:
Bah, I am in-between paydays.

Is there any GAFer will to gift CIV IV Complete?

I have never played this series before. I figure the time is right...

PM me your Steam associated email and I'll hook you up if no one has by the time I get home (around 6PM CST United States of course)

If you're in EU just let me know before you're out for the night if someone helped you out.

Hawk SE

Volcynika said:
PM me your Steam associated email and I'll hook you up if no one has by the time I get home (around 6PM CST United States of course)

If you're in EU just let me know before you're out for the night if someone helped you out.

Wow thanks a lot!

I owe you. PM'd you info. I'm in Cali, so you're 2 hours ahead of me.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Took some effort, but I convinced myself not to buy CIV. My reasoning was that I'm 3/20 for games completed since the Holiday sale. But I'll definitely make time once Civ 5 comes out.

Makes me feel dirty to say no, but I haven't even finished Chaos Rising, which I was hugely hyped for and bought day 1. Damn my minuscule gaming schedule.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
morningbus said:
I'm telling you guys, I have my finger on the pulse of the zeitgeist: over the past few days I've been getting people to install FreeCiv (an open-source version of Civilization) and now, as if ordained by the Gods-atop-Mt. Olympus-themselves, Civ4 is on sale for stupidly little money.

You're welcome.

You really are goddamn amazing. I grabbed the sale when I saw it this morning knowing that you were above me (geographically), smiling down on me. It felt good.

Nabs

morningbus said:

You're welcome.

Thanks bus.

Does anyone still play Civ3 multiplayer?

Gexecuter said:
What?! But i was gonna buy Chaos Theory....damn you Steam!
Works out better this way. Just wait for Chaos Theory to go on sale. :D

My Steam OCD was going to try and convince you to wait for a Chaos Theory sale anyway.

Joe Molotov

anoltd.jpg

Jesus wept.

Max

I am not Max
What's so good about Civ IV? Serious question. I have no idea what the hell it is, though if I had $10 i'd probably get it just from seeing everyone here going buck wild about it

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Desaparecido said:
Does anyone still play Civ3 multiplayer?

Works out better this way. Just wait for Chaos Theory to go on sale. :D

My Steam OCD was going to try and convince you to wait for a Chaos Theory sale anyway.

But i don't wanna wait until Chaos Theory is on sale because that would take years, i have never seen the splinter cell games discounted except maybe on the holiday sales, i prefer spending 10 bucks for the convenience of playing the game right now. Anyway this doesn't matter anymore because of the crazy Civ 4 complete sale, what a bummer :D

Psy-Phi

kamspy said:
So I bought Civ4.

Do I play it in a specific order? Will the expansions be playable through the general Civ4 .exe?
Just play Beyond the Sword. Or Warlords. I can't recall if playing either with both installed makes for cumulative overall additions/changes. But playing Beyond the Sword is your best bet IMO. Unless you want to play vanilla Civ 4. BTS has more of just about any circumstance in the game. More civilizations, units, more disasters, more research, corporations, more espionage, just more more more. It's a great addition.

Warlords being more war oriented is nice if you want to fight though. Or if you want more war oriented game. It too has more civilizations, more units, more special people, but I didn't play it all that much.

So whats Civs multiplayer like ? Just you and others building cities at the same time ? Can games be saved and resumed ? (Im a complete Civ noob, but interested, last 1 i played was Civ 2..... on the PS1 :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom