• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

Joe Molotov said:
I'm going to have to get in with your guys the next time you do a FUEL run. It sounds a lot more fun than just cruising around by myself.

How many areas do you have unlocked? We've got on average 4. It's a lot more fun exploring if eveyone is in an area that they have unlocked so they can all see the destination.

WickedLaharl said:
yup. although start a chat room is still greyed out in the options. ah well.
I assume you only have this one guy as a friend so far!? If so, you can doubleclick him, to start a chat (if he is online!!! Steam is not offline message capable).
You cannot start a multi-user chat with only one guy though.

If you want to talk to guys you played with, there is an extra button somewhere there "view players" or something. Then add those to you friendlist (they get an invite that way) to instantly chat with them (if they accept).

Chatting with anyone is annoying and a pleasure that steam doesn't have this. This is the first I need to adjust after installing ICQ "Only accept messages from friendlist"

Hawk SE

PumpkinPie said:
Anyone played Zombie Driver? It looks fun.

I own it, bought it when it was on sale for $4.99.

It's worth playing, nice graphics, simple (GTA1/2-style car controls). There's weapons and such. The demo should suffice, but it's an old build with alot of the newer stuff missing.

I recommend it, only playing with "Static" camera though. Everything else could get you sick...

Hawk xSx said:
I own it, bought it when it was on sale for $4.99.

It's worth playing, nice graphics, simple (GTA1/2-style car controls). There's weapons and such. The demo should suffice, but it's an old build with alot of the newer stuff missing.

I recommend it, only playing with "Static" camera though. Everything else could get you sick

Yeah, that's why I quit playing it. I don't remember there being an option for a static camera. Guess I'll have to fire it back up.

Joe Molotov

Javaman said:
How many areas do you have unlocked? We've got on average 4. It's a lot more fun exploring if eveyone is in an area that they have unlocked so they can all see the destination.

1 :lol

I've just driving around in the first area and doing races, but I'm going to play it some more this afternoon.

LocoMrPollock said:
Yeah, that's why I quit playing it. I don't remember there being an option for a static camera. Guess I'll have to fire it back up.
It was added in a later update together with some survival mode ;)

Twig

Banned
Lyphen said:
If I were to wager a guess, it'd be a tessellation patch. Quake 2 had TruForm support, and that's the engine behind Sin.
That was my first guess when looking at the video options, but turning that off did nothing to fix it. Nor did turning all the video settings down to the lowest.

It doesn't really bother me; I just find it amusing.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Twig said:
That was my first guess when looking at the video options, but turning that off did nothing to fix it. Nor did turning all the video settings down to the lowest.

It doesn't really bother me; I just find it amusing.
The gun looks like it's breathing.

Blizzard

Banned
Druz said:
My internet went out and I was helpless to play any games. That's scurry.
After a bit, it should say it can't connect, and offer to let you play in offline mode instead. I don't know if there's a way to force offline when you launch Steam though.

For anyone playing FUEL, I drove a little with Java/Janga/Remy today, and Remy mentioned the bonus codes if anyone wants them (enter them from the options menu I think):

Vehicle - 18041851
Livery 1 - 17121973
Livery 2 - 18021974
Outfit 1 - 48992519
Outfit 2 - 20061977
Outfit 3 - 91031985

Javaman

Joe Molotov said:
1 :lol

I've just driving around in the first area and doing races, but I'm going to play it some more this afternoon.

Quickest way to unlock new areas is to do the races. easy=1 star, med=2, hard=3. If you do easy and a couple of medium races you'll be able to access the four areas pretty quickly.

Joe Molotov

Javaman said:
Quickest way to unlock new areas is to do the races. easy=1 star, med=2, hard=3. If you do easy and a couple of medium races you'll be able to access the four areas pretty quickly.

Actually I was doing the challenges, I guess those don't count for crap. But I did a few races and unlocked one new area, then chased down a few livery trucks.

Javaman

Joe Molotov said:
Actually I was doing the challenges, I guess those don't count for crap. But I did a few races and unlocked one new area, then chased down a few livery trucks.

Nope, they just give you fuel.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Javaman said:
Nope, they just give you fuel.
Only campaign races unlock things for you (dopplers for instance). And more areas are unlocked depending on how many stars you have from beating campaign races.

ACE 1991

Just picked up the CIV IV complete collection for $10. How approachable is civ IV? The sheer complexity that seems to be inherent with a civ game is kind of scaring me :lol

Caesar III said:
I assume you only have this one guy as a friend so far!?

nope. i have a 4 friends! :lol
:(

If so, you can doubleclick him, to start a chat (if he is online!!! Steam is not offline message capable).
You cannot start a multi-user chat with only one guy though.

If you want to talk to guys you played with, there is an extra button somewhere there "view players" or something. Then add those to you friendlist (they get an invite that way) to instantly chat with them (if they accept).

thanks for the info

Chatting with anyone is annoying and a pleasure that steam doesn't have this. This is the first I need to adjust after installing ICQ "Only accept messages from friendlist"

only being able to chat with someone on my friends list is dumb. from some of the responses i've gotten it seems nintendo must be on to something with friends codes. :lol

Zzoram

WickedLaharl said:
nope. i have a 4 friends! :lol
:(

thanks for the info

only being able to chat with someone on my friends list is dumb. from some of the responses i've gotten it seems nintendo must be on to something with friends codes. :lol

Except adding a Steam friend is WAY easier than a friend code. You can right click on a person's name in the lobby and sent a friend invite. Nintendo makes you contact each other outside the game to exchange numbers.

Javaman

Zzoram said:
Except adding a Steam friend is WAY easier than a friend code. You can right click on a person's name in the lobby and sent a friend invite. Nintendo makes you contact each other outside the game to exchange numbers.

Also if you click View|Players you can see a list of everyone you have played with from the last couple of days. From there it's a simple matter of right clicking and doing whatever.

fallout said:
Yep. You launch them separately to access the content (or if you really wanted to see how Civ4 plays without the expansions). Your game list would basically look like:

Civilization 4
Civilization 4: Warlords
Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword
I was going to say something but now I realize that each game is under 2GB, so that's okay. :lol

I bought DA: Origins on Direct2Drive and it won't read my Xpress 1150 (don't laugh!). I'll give someone my activation serial if they gift me Swat 4 Gold...on Direct2Drive.

I only say this here because the Direct2Drive thread is as dead as my father.

kswiston

James Woods said:
I bought DA: Origins on Direct2Drive and it won't read my Xpress 1150 (don't laugh!). I'll give someone my activation serial if they gift me Swat 4 Gold...on Direct2Drive.

Why do you want to trade a $40 game for a $6 game (Swat 4 gold is currently 5 Euros on the EU store)? Something does not compute.

kswiston said:
Why do you want to trade a $40 game for a $6 game (Swat 4 gold is currently 5 Euros on the EU store)? Something does not compute.
I guess they can toss something else in. Dragon Age is useless to me. I got the requirements wrong. What I thought was the minimum turned out to not actually be so. Integrated chips are useless to DA :(.

James Woods said:

Uh . . . I have a Swat 4 Gold from D2D that I never activated. I'll trade it.

James Woods said:
Good shit. How do we do this exactly?
PM me (check yours!)
Edit: Hmm . . . how does this work? It is easy to exchange the keys . . . but the downloaded files? Anyone know how to do this? I guess there are free data hosting services?
Edit2: I don't think this will work . . . free file hosting sites won't let you upload massive multi-gigabyte files.

Would anyone mind "gifting" me Civ 4 complete pack? I can send you the $10.00 via paypal first if you prefer. I don't Valve is going to fix my account before the sale ends and I'd hate to miss out on Civ 4. Send me a PM if interested, thanks!

Reluctant-Hero said:
Would anyone mind "gifting" me Civ 4 complete pack? I can send you the $10.00 via paypal first if you prefer. I don't Valve is going to fix my account before the sale ends and I'd hate to miss out on Civ 4. Send me a PM if interested, thanks!
Dude, no one can PM your, your mailbox is full!

Cru Jones

Reluctant-Hero said:

I am about to go to bed in 10 minutes, if I get a PM from you before that we can work something out. Include your steam name in PM and I will add you and we'll chat

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
rhfb said:
I'll believe it when I've downloaded the client, installed a few games and played them for several hours :lol

And you know all the servers won't be able to handle the massive influx of people trying to dl games so i bet you really won't be able to play anything till Fri. and by then there will be an amazing weekend deal and then it'll be mon. till you can play anything...all in theory of course.

WickedLaharl said:
It's not that great for the one who want's to talk. But it helps for all the others if they don't get "spam" messages from "strangers".

Friends on gaming systems are not equal to friends in reallife. It's just guys who you want to talk and who wants to talk to you as well. buddies would fit better here imho.

Shafto

SWAT 4 Gold is only 4.95 Euros on the EU website?!?!

It's £12.50 (Almost 3x the price) on the UK site. Glad someone pointed this out to me - bought the EU version!

Darklord

Banned
Oh man, every time I start up steam I see the Civ4 sale. Oh man! Should I buy it? So many hours it'll sink up.

...But $10!

...But no time...

...But $10!

Damn you steam and your sales!

Am I allowed to try and trade a game in here? OP has no rules about it, so hopefully I can.. :)

I have an Alien vs Predator activation code (£24.99 on Steam) and will give it to someone who gifts me S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (£14.99 on Steam). I would be wasting the AvP code honestly as I have no desire to play it.

Akia

Re-Posted for the new page.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/19030/

Pre-order Discount = 20% off = $11.99

• Single Player
  • Steam Cloud
  • Steam Achievements
  • Steam Leaderboards
  • Controller Support

HD Trailer: http://store.steampowered.com/video/19030

ss_cb93247128504988b7b44ae900019d33324bc122.1920x1080.jpg