• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CryptiK

Lyphen said:
We've had two months of MW2 free weekends. No. It isn't a shitty weekend deal.
I already have that I had it at release... and its shit the only good weekend deal lately was the Racing Pack which I missed.

CryptiK

So no weekend deal then? damn? looks like the next one will be oblivion :( and yes MW2 is shit for many reasons but I wont get into that because I know I am right.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
CryptiK said:
So no weekend deal then? damn? looks like the next one will be oblivion :( and yes MW2 is shit for many reasons but I wont get into that because I know I am right.

If you are so bummed because you didn't have the chance to spend money this weekend then i suggest you buy Toki Tori, it's a great value for 5 bucks so you'll definitely get your money's worth, think of it as the weekend deal :D

Stitch

Gold Member
I'm enjoying the Tropico Demo a lot. More than Civ4 ^^ I think I will buy the full game later :)

CryptiK said:
So no weekend deal then? damn?

206j2gx.png

:p

CryptiK

Gexecuter said:
If you are so bummed because you didn't have the chance to spend money this weekend then i suggest you buy Toki Tori, it's a great value for 5 bucks so you'll definitely get your money's worth, think of it as the weekend deal :D
Cool thanks I like platform games I'll give this a whirl

CryptiK said:
Cool thanks I like platform games I'll give this a whirl

It's not a platform game, it's a puzzle game. But still buy it because it's great.

And honestly, just because you don't like the deals doesn't mean others don't. My brother and friend had a great time playing MW2 on the PC thanks to the free weekend.

epmode

CryptiK said:
I thought you were talking about Portal.

Toki Tori is pretty awesome BTW.

hamchan

CryptiK said:
did I say steam owed me anything? >.> Learn to read.

I think it's because you said you have the right to complain about free portal and Tropical 3 weekend deal when you kinda don't.

I must say though, Valve should be damn pleased that consumers are complaining because they have less chances to give money to Steam :lol

CryptiK said:
CryptiK said:
No Weekend deals?? o_O
Tropico 3
Are you serious... thats it? damn..
:lol

Oh, it is sad how much entitlement is created in Steam users.

Currently you can get:
Tropico 3 75% off
QuantZ 70% off
Torchlight 50%
Portal FREE!

. . . . and people still complain. :lol

CryptiK said:
excuse me but I bought Portal I have every right to complain.. :( Shitty Weekend deal
And we have the right to call you a pathetic whiny greedy weasel. :D

Mrbob

I'll have to get Tropico 3 this weekend. Is the expansion coming to Steam?

Free Portal is a brilliant move too. I wonder how many new Steam accounts Valve will get on PC and MAC.

Remy

The Tropico 3 expansion fell off the store for me, and the news item about the sale no longer mentions the DLC at all.

Anyone know what happened?

Volcynika

Remy said:
The Tropico 3 expansion fell off the store for me, and the news item about the sale no longer mentions the DLC at all.

Anyone know what happened?

DLC was bugged on release, had to take it off so they can fix it.

Max

I am not Max
Just bought Torchlight for $10, probably should have gave in to the previous two times it was $5 but oh well.

Any must-have mods?

I'd recommend searching for a program called TorchLeech. It will give you a list of mods and automatically install, uninstall, or disable them for you. It also has ratings and will alert you about any potential conflicts.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
The download UI is sort of broken. Reports false stuff and junk.

You should be able to restart Steam. You should also be able to switch servers.

Weenerz

Banned
I think having %50 off of Torchlight, and free Portal is plenty of steam deals for this week. Considering they just did a huge Rockstar week long deal and the Mac client releasing. You guys act like Steam will never have an awesome sale again.

animlboogy said:
Which are the best? And will any of them work on Mac?
I couldn't really say. I only use a few convenience-oriented mods, like one that increases potion stack sizes and another that makes items drop already identified. No idea about the Mac thing either.

deleted

Friend of mine has the strangest problem with steam:
First no game started "Steam is currently not available" so he deleted clientregistry.blob. Now it started updating, but stopped at 99 % with the error:

"Error with downloading SteamUI_1238.pkg"

Deleted everything except the exe and steamapps and the error keeps coming up. Anyone knows whats up with that?

CryptiK

speculawyer said:

Oh, it is sad how much entitlement is created in Steam users.

Currently you can get:
Tropico 3 75% off
QuantZ 70% off
Torchlight 50%
Portal FREE!

. . . . and people still complain. :lol

And we have the right to call you a pathetic whiny greedy weasel. :D
Considering I have all those games you can shove your right all the way up your ass how about that.

hamchan said:
I think it's because you said you have the right to complain about free portal and Tropical 3 weekend deal when you kinda don't.

I must say though, Valve should be damn pleased that consumers are complaining because they have less chances to give money to Steam :lol
I have no right to complain? Wow when is someone not entitled so say what how feel did I just suddenly land in China?

Shafto

I own Half Life 2, Episode 1, Team Fortress 2, and Portal (but not Episode 2).

If I buy The Orange Box, which of these can I gift?

From some digging it appears to be only Half Life 2, and Episode 1, but was hoping to gift the others also.

CryptiK

Shafto said:
I own Half Life 2, Episode 1, Team Fortress 2, and Portal (but not Episode 2).

If I buy The Orange Box, which of these can I gift?

From some digging it appears to be only Half Life 2, and Episode 1, but was hoping to gift the others also.
Hl2 and Ep1 only apparently

CryptiK said:
Considering I have all those games you can shove your right all the way up your ass how about that.

Actually, I'd say he's dead on the money about that sense of entitlement.

Complaining because what's on sale is stuff you already own? Really?

Shafto

CryptiK said:
Hl2 and Ep1 only apparently

Cheers. Looks like it from further googling!

A website g2play.net that sells keys has The Orange Box + Left 4 Dead Bundle for a really good price. Thought maybe I could gift 4/5 of TOB games to my brother , get L4D for myself, and make out like a bandit.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I think i'll get Tropico 3, i have been wanting a city building game like it for awhile now, i can't play it right now (crappy PC) So i'll just save it for a rainy day, specially since it's only 7.50$

CryptiK

speculawyer said:

Wow! You are a truly miserable person. I feel sorry for the people in your life. :lol
Seriously? This all started because I said I didn't like the Steam Sale.. Boom Automatic Pathetic person I think its the other way around I mean you must feel so big personally attacking someone over the internet. Im sorry I insulted your beloved Steam I forgot the internet was serious business.

Anyone know the reason when I add a game to steam it doubles it on the list?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Shafto said:
Cheers. Looks like it from further googling!

A website g2play.net that sells keys has The Orange Box + Left 4 Dead Bundle for a really good price. Thought maybe I could gift 4/5 of TOB games to my brother , get L4D for myself, and make out like a bandit.

Don't buy keys from websites like that. I know the prices are tempting, but they're meant for use in Eastern Europe or China and could lead to you losing the game or even access to your Steam account.

CryptiK said:

I have no right to complain? Wow when is someone not entitled so say what how feel did I just suddenly land in China?

Still complaining? Mweeeeee Steam has discounted like five games but doesn't have an omg discount for my weekend and Portal doesn't count because I already have it. STEAM SHOULD HAVE AN OMG DISCOUNT FOR ME EVERY WEEKEND, HEAR THAT VALVE!?:(

CryptiK

morningbus said:
Don't buy keys from websites like that. I know the prices are tempting, but they're meant for use in Eastern Europe or China and could lead to you losing the game or even access to your Steam account.
What he said a lot of people lost the MW2 due to this and I think Left 4 Dead 2 as well

Just to reiterate what others have said. DO NOT BUY KEYS FROM ONLINE DISTRIBUTORS. While its possible you MAY be fine, its more likely your account will get disabled. Valve knows exactly who receives the keys they sell. Certain keys are only meant for individuals in countries where piracy is extremely high so Valve sells the key so they can make somewhat of a profit instead of lose the sale all together to someone pirating it. If your IP doesn't match up with the country the key was intended for, you're account WILL get banned more times than not. Its just not worth it to save $15-20. Wait for a sell, have someone from another country gift it to you, or just save up for it.

confused

Banned
morningbus said:

I've bought Keys from there no problem, both steam and EADM and i've never ran into a bit of troube yet.

By the way, there is no way you could lose your steam account as you are using a legit retail key. Activision has disabled MW2 keys in the past so it's best to steer clear of that. For the rest it's all fair game.

It is no different than importing, except without extortionate pricing.

CryptiK

confused said:
I've bought Keys from there no problem, both steam and EADM and i've never ran into a bit of troube yet.

By the way, there is no way you could lose your steam account as you are using a legit retail key. Activision has disabled MW2 keys in the past so it's best to steer clear of that. For the rest it's all fair game.

G2play have had there own shaddy past You need to be careful. They are aslo apparently asking for ID on each purchase :S (drivers license etc) so be very careful.

confused said:

It is indeed legitimate for people in Russia and other countries have have high piracy. For folks in the U.S., Europe, etc? It's not legitimate retail keys. If I misunderstood you, please forgive my comment.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I bought a few keys that had to be activated on Steam and had no issues, not that Steam can do anything if I buy a key that was supposed to be for Poland (for example).

confused

Banned
CryptiK said:
G2play have had there own shaddy past You need to be careful. They are aslo apparently asking for ID on each purchase :S (drivers license etc) so be very careful.

That is not true. I paid by direct debit/ IDEAL and they don't need more info than any other webshop.

LovingSteam said:
It is indeed legitimate for people in Russia and other countries have have high piracy. For folks in the U.S., Europe, etc? It's not legitimate retail keys. If I misunderstood you, please forgive my comment.

If I went on vacation to Russia and bought it there it's legit, no? Pc is regionfree, we can buy games where we want.

Besides all codes are taken from retail copies which have been bought / publisher made a sale, it's legit. Publishers might want to make you think different, but it's not true. Would it be illegal for me to sell you my euro copy of a game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom