• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
poppabk said:
Anyone know how 4 player split screen works on this? Can you have two people on the same keyboard? Is keyboard even suitable as a controller?

1 keyboard + 3/4 360 pads, which work plug and play. You can use any other PC pad by using the 360 controller emulator.

You have the option of toning the graphics down just for splitscreen as well, so you can get 1080p/60fps with 4 players just fine on a middling GPU.

Best kart racer full stop.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Twig said:
Which is enough to turn me off. ):

if that's not enough to turn you off, here are the developer sentiments:

Sumo Digital said:
Truth us we did look at online support, be it GFW or some other method.

When we looked into the cost vs the projected sales, the two didn't add up. So as a result the feature wasn't added to the game.

One of the main reasons is that on PC people will steal it rather than buy it.

and before you point out the obvious fallacy in this thinking..

Sumo Digital said:
As for saying if it included online play via GFW or Steam, that this would restrict piracy, I think you're being quite naive. It'd get just as much, and then have cheaters ruining the online for everyone to boot.

true visionaries.

LegatoB

Truth us we did look at online support, be it GFW or some other method.

When we looked into the cost vs the projected sales, the two didn't add up. So as a result the feature wasn't added to the game.

One of the main reasons is that on PC people will steal it rather than buy it.
I think they're also discovering that PC people don't buy gimped ports!

ghst said:

How sad. They don't even try anymore. I'd buy it right now if it had online MP. It doesn't, so I won't. You lose sales by not including features that will increase sales because you think so many pirates will take it anyways that it won't be worth it. Way to spit in the face of paying customers. Or, ex-customers rather.

Trouble

Banned
promo_image_english.png

Twig

Banned
ghst said:

true visionaries.
Yeah I believe I'd seen quotes like that tossed around before.

Oh well. Got tons of better games to play anyway.

Q8D3vil

DEAD SPACE

turning on the v-sync using nhancer ( or nvidia control panel maybe ) will fix it.
smooth 60 fps all the time with no lag at all. :D

Trouble

Banned
edgefusion said:
Has the update been and gone yet? I want TF2 soooo bad. :(
I hope not, only 3 multiplayer games have been added (Killing Floor, Madballs and Altitude), and no Valve games. I'm hoping for a sweet TF2 deal
so I can play it on PC

Strangely several single player games were released too. I thought the Wednesday updates would all have that week's marquee feature. I guess not.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
ghst said:

true visionaries.

To reward their genius and commitment to the PC community, I'll buy it.

4p in the Xmas sales or bust

Spwn

Madballs In Babo: Invasion and Altitude are also -50% off as part of the cross-platform mp battle. Luckily I own them both so I don't have to spend any money on them...
and unfortunately I've spent money on them. Just kidding, I've actually enjoyed them both.

Darklord

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
DEAD SPACE

turning on the v-sync using nhancer ( or nvidia control panel maybe ) will fix it.
smooth 60 fps all the time with no lag at all. :D

I found turning off v-sync for me made the mouse lag INSANE. Turning it on fixed it in the game(still shitty in menu's but that wasn't an issue),

BUY ALTITUDE AND MADBALLS!

Both are awesome and deserve much more populated online communities than they currently have. Madballs is 3rd person top-down Quake while Altitude is 2D Modern Warfare 2 with planes. Put about 20 hours (and still counting) into both games for the ridiculously low prices I got for them.

Spwn

So it's Altitude free weekend so there's no reason not to at least try it, people. I've enjoyed the game every now and then since the Steam launch.

chixdiggit

In for the $15 Sega go-kart game

Also everyone should give Killing Floor a try. I have probably played it more than L4D2. L4D2 is a much better game but Killing Floor is just really easy to hop into and waste a few minutes.

chixdiggit said:
Man, no offense to anybody that might like this but even if they gave it away I don't think I would download it.

You have just never experienced the awesomeness of Football Manager. I only cursorily pay attention to football/soccer. FM owns my soul.

chixdiggit

Peronthious said:
You have just never experienced the awesomeness of Football Manager. I only cursorily pay attention to football/soccer. FM owns my soul.

I have a feeling it would resemble too much what I do in real life. The last thing I want to do when playing a video game is to simulate my job.

1-D_FTW

What's the deal with Altitude? The deal starts when? I've been considering buying this, but my computer has got some serious gremlin shit going on with my USB. I don't know what's causing it, seems to be completely random, and I've reinstalled Windows a couple times. But I've done about 10 hard reboots in the last day or so. Wasn't planning on even reinstalling Steam till I figured if it was shorts in my extension cables, USB ports on my mobo, or my Razer software suddenly developing compatibility issues after a year of flawless action.

rezuth

chixdiggit said:
Man, no offense to anybody that might like this but even if they gave it away I don't think I would download it.
If that is what you have to tell yourself in order to keep your life together. People have taken out divorce over this game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
1-D_FTW said:
What's the deal with Altitude? The deal starts when? I've been considering buying this, but my computer has got some serious gremlin shit going on with my USB. I don't know what's causing it, seems to be completely random, and I've reinstalled Windows a couple times. But I've done about 10 hard reboots in the last day or so. Wasn't planning on even reinstalling Steam till I figured if it was shorts in my extension cables, USB ports on my mobo, or my Razer software suddenly developing compatibility issues after a year of flawless action.
If it's your mouse then there's usually a reset button on the bottom that you can hold if the mouse becomes unresponsive.

Trouble

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Luckily for you Altitude is meant to be controlled by the keyboard. :D

1-D_FTW

SapientWolf said:
If it's your mouse then there's usually a reset button on the bottom that you can hold if the mouse becomes unresponsive.

No. I don't wanna bore anyone with a 1000 word post, but the USB ports are definitely involved somehow. Maybe the Razer software polling at 500hz damaged them. I'm just happy it's functioning at the moment. Reluctant to mess with things and have to start whack-a-mole again.

Trouble said:
Luckily for you Altitude is meant to be controlled by the keyboard. :D

I'll probably buy it regardless of whether I can play it. I just wanted to make sure it's for this coming weekend and I have so time.

beast786

Steam has one of the WORST support services EVAR !!!!

Out of no where its declining my CC. Which it seems to do because I have am buying stuff frequently due to sales :/

Seriously WTF !!!.

I had my ticket in process for 3 days now and no anwere.

Remy

Maybe this happened a few days ago and I didn't notice, but CS:Source Beta is no longer showing the "Sorry, we're full message" - it let me add the game to my account.

beast786 said:

Out of no where its declining my CC. Which it seems to do because I have am buying stuff frequently due to sales :/

Seriously WTF !!!.

Yea, this has happened to quite a few folks. Unfortunately I wouldn't be confident that even when they fix it this time that it won't happen again. It had happened to me about 3 or 4 times in the span of 6 months. After that I just started using PayPal and no problems in the last year and half. Doesn't make it better but it may be a better option for you.

beast786 said:

Seriously WTF !!!.

I had the same issue 2 weeks ago. Just be patient and they'll get o your ticket. They have you verify your billing information and enable your account to make purchases again. But yeah, it's annoying that their billing systems flags you as possibly fraudulent due to frequent purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom