• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Joe Molotov said:
Does Sega All-Stars Racing have 360 Controller support? I'm assuming it does, but it doesn't mention it on the store page.
It does. It doesn't replace the in-game icons though :(

I have been having a good time playing Sega All Stars in splitscreen with my gf, she likes Mario Kart a lot so there is no learning curve. Some of the tracks look pretty nice too.

beast786

Thanks for the response. I guess i am just bitter because I wanted to get the Sega mega pack saving.

My wife has her account on the same PC, maybe i will buy via her account.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
PC is taking over my gaming. How?

Well why would I go out to the store to buy a game that would make me have to switch my monitor and sound over to PS3, boot up my PS3, load the game into the system, play in 30fps 720p and a crappy online network when I could instead just download a game, only have to boot it up, play at 60fps 1080p 4xAA on an awesome online network?

PC has almost always been winning my money when it comes time to buy a new game. SSF4 has been the only exception, and you can bet I would have bought a PC version of that instead.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Dice said:

Well why would I go out to the store to buy a game that would make me have to switch my monitor and sound over to PS3, boot up my PS3, load the game into the system, play in 30fps 720p and a crappy online network when I could instead just download a game, only have to boot it up, play at 60fps 1080p 4xAA on an awesome online network?

PC has almost always been winning my money when it comes time to buy a new game. SSF4 has been the only exception, and you can bet I would have bought a PC version of that instead.
yup for example i would buy red dead redemption in a heartbeat for pc but as it is i have no problem passing

thefil

AstroLad said:
yup for example i would buy red dead redemption in a heartbeat for pc but as it is i have no problem passing

You and I, we are on the same boat, and it is made of solid gold and rendered at high resolution.

Dice said:

Why would I get up, go all the way to the tv room, and turn on everything when my computer is already on with 40 some titles that I bought for like $2 each, and I can just right click > Galcon Fusion!

I hope they release SSF4 on the PC.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, I hope RDR gets a PC port. If it gets cheap on PS3 before then I might bite, but for now I'm fine waiting.

I also just bought Madballs in Babo Invasion for $5. Cheap old school fun!

Oreoleo

Twig said:
I read something said they are releasing SSF4 on PC. I just don't know when.

Not surprising really. With the exception of Dead Rising, I'm hard-pressed to think of a game Capcom hasn't ported over from 360 to PC.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Twig said:
I read something said they are releasing SSF4 on PC. I just don't know when.
Orellio said:
Not surprising really. With the exception of Dead Rising, I'm hard-pressed to think of a game Capcom hasn't ported over from 360 to PC.
Schmattakopf said:
At first, it didn't seem like they were going to do it, though.
Orellio said:
All things, in time.
From what I heard through GiantBomb.com, there wasn't really a plan to port it to PC. However, Japan kept asking for an Arcade Version, since Arcades in Japan still exist. Capcom saw a valid market chance and decided to release it in arcades, on the same hardware SFIV was released (it's just a HardDrive swap, really).

Since the hardware these arcades run is pretty much a PC, porting the Arcade version to PCs is very trivial. Because of that, I believe a PC version will come out eventually.

Ledsen

rezuth said:
If that is what you have to tell yourself in order to keep your life together. People have taken out divorce over this game.

It's not that hard to resist if you detest sports. Crappy weekend deal confirmed :(

Twig

Banned
Orellio said:
Yeah, Capcom has been pretty damn good to us PC gamers. :D

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
AstroLad said:

You're missing out. It's amazing. Of course I would have vastly preferred a PC version, but I bought the game and turned on my Xbox 360 for the first time in about 3 months just to play it.

I'll undoubtedly pick it up on the PC as well if it eventually comes out. Mods will be glorious for this game.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
LovingSteam said:
Yea, this has happened to quite a few folks. Unfortunately I wouldn't be confident that even when they fix it this time that it won't happen again. It had happened to me about 3 or 4 times in the span of 6 months. After that I just started using PayPal and no problems in the last year and half. Doesn't make it better but it may be a better option for you.
It's because your bank isn't doing the transactions, if you have unpayed purchases due to the transaction taking time it will deny your credit card..

ArjanN

Twig said:

They've gotten a lot better, but they could still do more IMO. They just need to start announcing and releasing the PC version at the same time as the console versions. Stop pretending to not be developing a PC version and then release it half a year later when the hype has died down.

Volcynika

Twig said:

Aside from long delayed releases on PC. And some of their prices for digital distribution when the game is released a year+ original PC release.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Risen still isn't back on the Steam store. Any word on it? I'm dangerously close to buying a retail PC game for the first time in almost half a decade. *shudder*

panda21

no idea whats happened to risen but its on direct2drive US and gamersgate. i bought it from d2d US with my paypal and it didnt complain about being IP blocked (almost everything else will)

Minsc

Gold Member
Archie said:
Risen still isn't back on the Steam store. Any word on it? I'm dangerously close to buying a retail PC game for the first time in almost half a decade. *shudder*

The retail release has no activation limit or online authorization while the Steam version uses the 3 install limit and activates online when you use it... maybe that'll help! :(

Darklord

Banned
Minsc said:
The retail release has no activation limit or online authorization while the Steam version uses the 3 install limit and activates online when you use it... maybe that'll help! :(

The fuck? Isn't it normally the other way around?:lol

Twig

Banned
ArjanN said:
They've gotten a lot better, but they could still do more IMO. They just need to start announcing and releasing the PC version at the same time as the console versions. Stop pretending to not be developing a PC version and then release it half a year later when the hype has died down.
Well yeah I agree, but I just meant insofar as they're a previously extremely console-centric developer that actually consistently releases not completely awful PC ports of their games, which is more than we can say of most console developers.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
ArjanN said:
I don't know. I think the only reason they have been doing it so much this generation is that it's so damn easy to. They basically make the game on PC and get it working on the consoles. So, later they just release the PC version they had all along with some extras that they happened to have been working on, and some PC specific features that have already been built into their engine. They don't have to fear that piracy, or whatever, is going to impact console sales, which is where most of their money comes from.

I'm glad we're getting their games, but I wouldn't expect anything more than what they are doing now.

MoxManiac

Minsc said:

That's pretty fucked up.

ArjanN

BobsRevenge said:
I don't know. I think the only reason they have been doing it so much this generation is that it's so damn easy to. They basically make the game on PC and get it working on the consoles. So, later they just release the PC version they had all along with some extras that they happened to have been working on, and some PC specific features that have already been built into their engine. They don't have to fear that piracy, or whatever, is going to impact console sales, which is where most of their money comes from.

I'm glad we're getting their games, but I wouldn't expect anything more than what they are doing now.

Oh, I'm not really expecting more really. Their current strategy probably works for them and they are one of the more forward thinking japanese developers.

I'm just saying they could do more if they really embraced PC as a platform, but I'm glad to at least be getting my superior PC version eventually.

Caoz

I just received my dualshock to usb adaptor from amazon. So I just plugged in my old PS2 dualshock and started playing kinda properly for the first time my Street Fighter 4 copy I got from the steam holiday sale.
I am having lots of troubles setting up the button configuration and I am sure someone here could point me out to some tools that will make it easier. I remember that a program for configuring the buttons has been mentioned here before. But can't remember the name. Thanks in advance.

poweld

Caoz said:
I just received my dualshock to usb adaptor from amazon. So I just plugged in my old PS2 dualshock and started playing kinda properly for the first time my Street Fighter 4 copy I got from the steam holiday sale.
I am having lots of troubles setting up the button configuration and I am sure someone here could point me out to some tools that will make it easier. I remember that a program for configuring the buttons has been mentioned here before. But can't remember the name. Thanks in advance.
Maybe try Xpadder which lets you map controller buttons to keyboard presses?

Zzoram

crimsonheadGCN said:
Looks like Steam will start carrying those Prima Offical Guides for games. A bunch has just been added to the store.

Selling guides - ok. Selling guides for $19.99 regular, $9.99 on sale? Seriously? What Steam gamer doesn't know about GameFAQs? Especially with the Steam Overlay Browser.

These guides should be $9.99 tops.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
crimsonheadGCN said:
Looks like Steam will start carrying those Prima Offical Guides for games. A bunch has just been added to the store.

Really? That's pretty damned interesting. It would rock if you could open them up in game with the Steam overlay.

edit: Yup!
Easy Website Access: Official strategy website is fully searchable, 100% developer approved content and accessible from the in-game overlay and from your account.

Zzoram

crimsonheadGCN said:
At least the guides aren't the same price as Prima's official site. The Dragon Age guides costs $25 each ;\

I still can't believe anyone would even pay $20 for game guides in the age of GameFAQs, where hardcore people will write guides for you for free out of passion. The only thing you conceivably would want to pay for is getting the guide at launch before GameFAQs guides are written up, but $20 is so expensive I'd rather fumble around and learn the game myself and buy whatever the weekend sale game is for the $20.

If these guides fail to sell, I wonder if they'll drop the price or drop the guides.

Javaman

Zzoram said:
I still can't believe anyone would even pay $20 for game guides in the age of GameFAQs, where hardcore people will write guides for you for free out of passion. The only thing you conceivably would want to pay for is getting the guide at launch before GameFAQs guides are written up, but $20 is so expensive I'd rather fumble around and learn the game myself and buy whatever the weekend sale game is for the $20.

If these guides fail to sell, I wonder if they'll drop the price or drop the guides.

It's going to be funny seeing the guides go for 4x the weekend deal price of the same game.

UrbanRats

Having problem buying the Totalwar mega pack.
Here's the message i get:
There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance.
PRIOR going with the card details(so it's not the credit card, i guess). anybody have the same issue?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I would pick up the guide for an RPG I'm really into as Prima Guides are a massive step over what you can get at Gamefaqs. There are huge limitations to being limited to text only and it's usually a serious irritation to constantly have to control-f. If Prima does these right, I can't see why they wouldn't sell well. Their Fallout 3 guide was ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom