• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Has anyone played defensegrid? I noticed it's 33% off and I kind of want a tower defense game for my pc.

It's easily my favorite tower defense game and I've played a shitload of them on iphone and pc

Proc

I'm loving the love and attention steam is bringing to indie games.

The Path and the Graveyard look very interesting.

Proc

Orellio said:
Yes and that's about it.
:lol

I wish I knew which indie games were must buys. I'm gonna do some demo playing today I think.

The indie games I have bought in the past haven't disappointed (trials 2, darwinia, uplink, mount and blade). I should be actively seeking this stuff out more.

Omikaru

Damn! My PC is bust right now and I'm waiting on shipment of a new HDD and PSU, which won't be here until next week.

I was gonna grab the Oddworld games, and I was entertaining the idea of a tenner for Aquaria too. Damn! :(

Since that dick inhaler Konami is giving me trouble buying the new MGO expansion because they don't want my money, I'm thinking about getting something off Steam instead. I have the Oddworld demos downloading as I'm on Vista 64-bit... but yeah I second the notion about the list of games on sale.

Proc said:
I'm loving the love and attention steam is bringing to indie games.

The Path and the Graveyard look very interesting.
The Path is definitely interesting, and I think worth a purchase.

The Graveyard is in my opinion a failure, but the demo is, essentially, the full game anyway, so you don't need to worry about value.

LovingSteam said:
I am hoping Braid pre order will be released today as its included in the games in the sale but no pre order, hopefully soon.

If Braid goes on sale at launch i'll double-dip, only because the Xbox 360 version is literally unplayable...

benjipwns

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Has anyone played defensegrid? I noticed it's 33% off and I kind of want a tower defense game for my pc.
Worth it for the normal price. Sales were bad so they already cut it 25% in hopes of keeping the company afloat.

Yeah, there's other tower defense, and there's free ones, but it's just so well done and good times.

Does have an odd quirk in which it controls better with 360 pad than mouse as it was developed with XBLA in mind down the road. But it plays just perfect with 360 pad.

There is a demo available with three tutorial stages and one from a little later in the game that lets you shape paths.

bengraven

brain_stew said:
Same here, no problems with Vista x64.

*breathes*

Thank God.

I was told they were up for 3.75 and didn't believe the person who told me. This is my favorite deal of the week so far.

Saerk

I think I'll be picking up Oddworld set. I think I've decided I'll buy all my PC games through steam and wait for super sales. This is excepting Blizzard games.

I have a side question. I haven't been able to boot luxor 2 in Windows 7. When you try it fails the OS check, and an error pops up stating I need Win98 or better. Anyone know what needs to be done to get it to work?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
All Meridian 4 Indie Games 20% off
March 20, 2009, 2:53 pm - Valve - Press Release
Meridian 4 has gone above and beyond with a 20% discount on all 8 of their indie games available on Steam. Including their very latest releases Obulis and Larva Mortus.

Buy now through Sunday, March 29th. For more information on Steam's Indie Game Sale, please visit store.steampowered.com/promotion/indie.

Bluth54

epmode said:
Finally bought Aquaria. VERY NICE SO FAR. The presentation is ace, especially for an independent game.
I've been thinking of picking up Aquaria for awhile now. Now that it's only $13 I may have to pick it up when I buy the Oddworld games.

Oh, great. Two bad news for me:
- Just bought The Path yesterday and today it is on sale;
- Want to buy Zeno Clash at 50% off but I did forget my password (to buy at web) and when I come home it is now only 25% off.

Thomper

... damn Steam. I kinda feel like getting Dangerous High School Girls In Trouble and DEFCON. Been meaning to pick both of them up for a while anyway. But I also want to buy Braid in two weeks. And I'm also interested in the Wallace & Gromit bundle. And Capcom's Flock seems interesting. Grr. Steam is making me so, so poor.
Chiaroscuro said:
Oh, great. Two bad news for me:
- Just bought The Path yesterday and today it is on sale;
The Path is only 10% off. Doesn't make that big of a difference.

Dementia

$13 for Aquaria? Damn. I paid $30 a few months ago so I could play it in OSX. Stupid Mac gaming tax.

Definitely buy it if you haven't already. Great artstyle, great music, great bosses, tons of exploration, and a solid 20-25 hours of gameplay. I had a lot of fun playing it.

Omikaru said:
Damn! My PC is bust right now and I'm waiting on shipment of a new HDD and PSU, which won't be here until next week.

I was gonna grab the Oddworld games, and I was entertaining the idea of a tenner for Aquaria too. Damn! :(
You can buy games straight from steampowered.com and they will automatically be made available when you start up your steam client. I usually do that from my mac because I'm too lazy to boot into windows.

Masklinn said:
Heh, did that with Drakensang. Hurt a bit.

But for Drakensang it must have been at least 2 weeks. For me it was 12 hours. Anyway it is just one dollar, but I feel cheated at something launchs one day and the next is on sale.

MNC said:
No vista compatibility = no dice :/
I hardly am on my XP pc anymore.

Unless it crashes halfway through or something, I am having no problems at all with either game on Vista, x86. Running both from Steam with no modifications at all.

itxaka

Defeatist
Chris Remo said:
TThe Graveyard is in my opinion a failure, but the demo is, essentially, the full game anyway, so you don't need to worry about value.

Best part:

Buying the full version of The Graveyard adds only one feature, the possibility of death. The full version of the game is exactly the same as the trial, except, every time you play she may die.

:lol

Hitmeneer

Orellio said:
Has anyone played this Harvest: Massive Encounter game? Looks interesting.

And what's the gameplay of the Oddworld games like? I've never played them.

I have Harvest: Massive Encouter, it is THE best offline TD, period. You have 5-6 different modes and three different planets (different enemies and circumstances) AND unlimited waves. It is all about the score and it really works. I don't like high-score game, normally, but it is really addictive to try to get by more waves than last time.

You only have 5 basic buildings (the two weapons have upgrades and you can link lasers to make one MASSIVE laser aka Death Ray/Star , but you can do so many things with it, it is really addictive.

If you thought Defense Grid was good, than you will think this is epic (I didn't like Defense Grid to much, to standard and nothing that special tbh). Just try the demo!

Hitmeneer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

Try Harvest: Massive Encounter, or at least first the demo for it. I think it is way better than the really standard Defense Grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom