• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynoro

wenis said:
anyone pick up Alien Breed:Impact?

Just wondering if it's worth the 15.
Try the demo; I gave it a go and it controls horribly compared to the 360 version (though I assume you can use a 360 pad and not kb/m)

Dynoro said:
Try the demo; I gave it a go and it controls horribly compared to the 360 version (though I assume you can use a 360 pad and not kb/m)

Yup. I use my 360 controller with it and it controls like a champ. Just need to find some folks on Steam to play with.

So it seems Steam just started to redownload Dawn of War II for no apparent reason. It would appear that it's deleted the old install and I'm not sure what has happened to Chaos Rising as a result, the two games shared the same folder. Has this happened to anyone else here before?

SenorDingDong said:
So it seems Steam just started to redownload Dawn of War II for no apparent reason. It would appear that it's deleted the old install and I'm not sure what has happened to Chaos Rising as a result, the two games shared the same folder. Has this happened to anyone else here before?
Not today, but I've had it happen before. DoW2 just has some really messed-up patching system that sometimes bugs out like that, apparently.

slidewinder said:
Not today, but I've had it happen before. DoW2 just has some really messed-up patching system that sometimes bugs out like that, apparently.

Well that's annoying. I was really keen on finishing off what appeared to be the final stretch of the Chaos Rising campaign.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
5il3nc3r said:
Is it too soon to expect a sale on Dragon Age?
It's been on sale at 37.50 and 33.49 so far. Price dropped from 49.99 to 39.99 last month. So...yeah, I wouldn't expect anything this month.

Spwn

5il3nc3r said:
Is it too soon to expect a sale on Dragon Age?

It's been on sale once for 33% off, I guess. Don't hold your breath waiting it to get lower than retail prices. I've seen the game as low as 16€ (<20$).

edit: mr. Slow-wee-pants I am

dani_dc

Spwn said:
^ From the last page:
Ah thanks.

Went through the entire last page and somehow I missed that post :lol

Always good to support indie games and Eversion is pretty good so think I'll get it.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
panda21 said:
whats the fastest something has gone on sale? alpha protocol, i'm looking at you.
Supreme Commander 2 went from $50 to $11 within three months. That has to be some kind of record.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hmmmm maybe we should get a little gaf mini-tourney together for mtg just like i did for the xbla release. basically did best of 7, you declare your decks beforehand and you can only use each deck up to two times

Remy

AstroLad said:
hmmmm maybe we should get a little gaf mini-tourney together for mtg just like i did for the xbla release. basically did best of 7, you declare your decks beforehand and you can only use each deck up to two times
I'd be down for that.

John

AstroLad said:
I'm up for it, if it's a week or two after the game releases. I want to know the interface and limited decks inside out first.

John

AstroLad said:
Cool maybe I should make a separate thread for the game and then a thread for the tournament. Gah official threads can be such a chore tho
Stick it in the online section.

John

vocab said:
Batman AA Goty edition is showing up on the specials tab. Lets see if it's under $20 this time :D
21j58j6.jpg

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
panda21 said:
batman goty is midweek madness, 50%

does the PC version look better than consoles? i already it on the ps3
I'm of the mind that 4xAA/1080p/60fps automatically makes a game look a generation ahead of the consoles.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I have a problem in the demo where Batman's cape won't render. It is kinda annoying. I've also got 1000/1000 on the 360 version. Definitely a great game (and my 2009 GOTY), but I think I'll pass for now.

panda21

i guess i meant is it a crappy port that just looks a bit better, or will it blow my mind enough to be worth double dipping

panda21 said:
i guess i meant is it a crappy port that just looks a bit better, or will it blow my mind enough to be worth double dipping

It's an excellent port. There was that Nvidia/FSAA headache with the demo, but the full release was perfect.

panda21 said:
It's not a crappy port, although I don't think it will blow your mind, but I played it without a nvidia card so no physX . But play the demo.

And if someone still doesn't have played the game and has a decent rig, buy it damnit. My GOTY.

panda21 said:
batman goty is midweek madness, 50%

does the PC version look better than consoles? i already it on the ps3

If you have a good set up, 100% better. The PhysX stuff alone makes a difference in the ambiance.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah it's a great port. Bought at full price and don't regret it. Have nVidia and a pretty good setup but honestly the physx don't make that much of a difference when you're playing and some even find them distracting so you wouldn't be missing out on much there (just depends how much you fancy blowing paper and steam and the like). Forget comparing to console, game doesn't look out of place even as a nice pc graphical showcase.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
panda21 said:

I bought it at its PC release and played it maxed out in 1920x1200 and it looked amazing. I saw it for the first time in action on the PS3 and obviously the game looked substantially worse and ran at a much lower framerate (I was getting 60fps for the most part). Obviously it all depends on how good your computer is, but the game is excellent on the PC. It's very polished and the KBM controls work great, but you can also use the 360 controller (can swap on the fly, too without having to change any settings).

Also, if I remember correctly there are some cool PhysX effects in the game for those with an Nvidia card. I only have a single ATI card so I haven't been able to check them out, though.

robatw

a bought the "normal" version of batman a few weeks ago. (around 10 bucks for the steam-code)

is there a way to get that dlc through steam?

Cru Jones

Kintaro said:
I wish Fallout 3: GOTY would go on sale. I have a feeling it won't though. Cest la vie.

I have been waiting all year for this. I am thinking that when New Vegas hits they will do something with Fallout 3

robatw said:
a bought the "normal" version of batman a few weeks ago. (around 10 bucks for the steam-code)

is there a way to get that dlc through steam?
Batman AA is a gfwl game so dlc is bought through live, just press the Home key or go to the downloads part of the game's menu, whatever it's called.

Reminds me that I really should finish that hard run I am 90% into.

Volcynika

NIN90 said:
How is the PC version of Blur?

I heard the online is kinda dead and has the usual hackers that maxed their level, though that's from a few posts. I remember someone getting some weird hitching or something on it (Dark Octave maybe?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom