• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
I'm trying to install OBMM for Oblivion and it says it needs to be installed in Oblivions installation folder. Isn't that C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\oblivion\New Folder?

Sysgen

Alucrid said:
Last question. Does anyone know what armor mods were being used in the guide? Mainly this and this at the bottom?

Not sure but try Armamentarium.

18417-2-1215970893.jpg

hamchan

Oh shit.

You would think Fallout 3 GOTY would be the last game to run out of CD Keys. Considering how popular it is I would have thought Steam would have kept a bajillion keys as backup.

hamchan said:
Oh shit.

You would think Fallout 3 GOTY would be the last game to run out of CD Keys. Considering how popular it is I would have thought Steam would have kept a bajillion keys as backup.

You would think, but not much like anything associated with Bethesda it's buggy in someway. I'm have expecting Bethesda to tell Valve to wait for some fan to mod a bug fix. :lol

Wallach

Jirotrom said:
I heard that Fallout 3 steam version is horrible... Is there truth to this... because I can just wait.

I have the retail version of FO3, but just bought the GotY version when it went on sale because it was cheaper than buying the rest of the DLC. I don't see any difference in how they run, though the Steam one has faster access to the launcher since there's no CD check. Otherwise they are the exact same game from what I can tell.

Slavik81 said:
Fallout 3 in general runs horribly. It's very much like Oblivion in that way.

Oblivion runs poorly largely because the engine doesn't handle multi-threading well at all, did they not fix this for Fallout 3?

General question: I'd like to uninstall my Steam installation from my main hard drive and reinstall it on an external. Are there any games you can't take your saves out of that I should be aware of?

WEGGLES

When you say Oblivion runs horribly... does that mean I should pass on it? I'm building a PC in August (or sooner if my parents lotto ticket wins :lol )

Define horribly.

I have it for 360 already, so I'd be getting it to fuck around with mods.

Edit: My new PC will have i5 - 750 processor, Radeon 5850 gfx card.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
WEGGLES said:
When you say Oblivion runs horribly... does that mean I should pass on it? I'm building a PC in August (or sooner if my parents lotto ticket wins :lol )

Define horribly.

I get a lock 60 fps at 1080p with 8x AA and everything maxed on a 5850, quadcore clocked at 3.6 ghz and 4 gb ram.

WEGGLES said:

Define horribly.

It runs worse than it should and still has general instability issues, but you can easily max out unmodded-Oblivion it with a new PC.

epmode

Fallout 3 runs very well for me. I love how fast everything loads. The only problem I have is that slight stutter whenever the game streams in another large chunk of the map.

Doesn't really bother me though.

WEGGLES

Stallion Free said:
I get a lock 60 fps at 1080p with 8x AA and everything maxed on a 5850, quadcore clocked at 3.6 ghz and 4 gb ram.
So. Not terrible at all then?

Edit:

...and so it's begun.

Buying games I already own and have beaten and played for hundreds of hours already again... because it's cheap.

Zzoram

Visualante said:
Steam gave me a serial but GFW doesn't accept it. PC Gaming fuck yeah.

Triple checked it.

I forget how I solved it but I'm pretty sure I had the same problem at launch. Are you sure it's the ONLY serial Steam gave you? Are you logging in with an existing LIVE account?

Zzoram said:
I forget how I solved it but I'm pretty sure I had the same problem at launch. Are you sure it's the ONLY serial Steam gave you? Are you logging in with an existing LIVE account?
I think it was the servers getting hammered or something. It let me in now, loaded Zeta save without the mod only to land on the ground.

Aaron

epmode said:
Fallout 3 runs very well for me. I love how fast everything loads. The only problem I have is that slight stutter whenever the game streams in another large chunk of the map.

If you have over 2 gig of ram, get the ram mod. It unlocks Fallout 3 to use above 2 gigs. You can also get an .ini editor to fine tune all of the settings.

Aaron said:
If you have over 2 gig of ram, get the ram mod. It unlocks Fallout 3 to use above 2 gigs. You can also get an .ini editor to fine tune all of the settings.

!

Thank you for this. Had no idea.

/edit
And Basileus777 crushes my hopes and dreams just like that...

epmode

Aaron said:
Rad. I hope it works with the Steam release!

(to the other person who mentioned it, the Fallout exe may be untouched by Steam. I'm pretty sure that you can launch it without Steam running)

edit: Even if it works, it apparently breaks GFWL so no stupid useless achievements :(

G_Berry

Banned
epmode said:

Same here.

butts

I got crashes when trying to apply the Francesco leveling mod. Does it not work with the Steam version? (Oblivion)

I think the installation was messed up because the installer said I didn't have Shivering Isles installed even though I am pretty sure this GOTY came with it right?

Danneee

Danneee said:
I bought Devil May Cry 4 via Gamersgate but when I make a shortcut to it through Steam the game just doesn't start. There are no problems starting it from the Start menu, just through Steam. I've had no problems with shortcuts in Steam with other games.
Anyone with similar problems or even better, a solution?

Anyone?

Just bought Morrowind as my first ever Steam purchase (well, apart from free Portal). I enjoyed Oblivion on the PS3 and this looks like an incredible amount of content for the price as well.

Bisonian

OgTheClever said:
Just bought Morrowind as my first ever Steam purchase (well, apart from free Portal). I enjoyed Oblivion on the PS3 and this looks like an incredible amount of content for the price as well.

The first hit is free, good luck on your path down the road to digital download addiction!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
pilonv1 said:
Never seen anyone cry about Railworks but :lol nonetheless. Perfect.

So how was your first visit to our fine establishment then? Can we count on your repeat patronage?

Max

I am not Max
OgTheClever said:
Sure hope you've played Half-life

Max said:
Sure hope you've played Half-life
I haven't yet and don't plan to until i have money to build a gaming PC and play the full Half-Life series (probably not for another couple of years). I'll probably just buy the Valve Complete Pack when I do.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've been meaning to suggest this for all new Steam users, including you MAC folks:

Just buy the Valve Complete pack. You think the Orange Box is a steal? How about everything Valve has made to date for $100?

That's less than 5 dollars per game. Damn right you'll buy it.

Let me just tell you right now: the biggest mistake of my life was buying Valve's output piecemeal. "Oh, I've yet to really play a Valve game, what if I don't like it?" I thought. Fuck you, future-self says. Fuck you, you'll buy it and love it.

Goddamn.

OgTheClever said:
I haven't yet and don't plan to until i have money to build a gaming PC and play the full Half-Life series (probably not for another couple of years). I'll probably just buy the Valve Complete Pack when I do.
If you can run Morrowind you can clearly run the original Half-Life at maximum settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom