• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Volcynika said:
Valve, you really make this too easy!

Monday: Crysis
Tuesday: Military
Wednesday: C&C
Thursday: Racing
Friday: Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Spore
Saturday: Mass Effect
Sunday: Dragon Age

Edited to remove images, we know what they are :D

Hmm i think i'd bite on BFBC2 and ME2.

Shadow780

Basileus777 said:
It's a solid list. Which mods to recommends depends on how far you want to go down the rabbit hole. Oblivion modding can get pretty crazy, but I probably wouldn't recommend things like FCOM if you've never modded the game before.

This is probably the most comprehensive mod list/tutorial I've seen.

thanks.

Wallach

Liquid Helium said:
Does Crysis still have the horrible DRM? I'm sick of not buying this game because of it, wish they'd remove it already.

What is the problem with the game's DRM? I've never actually noticed what DRM it uses, probably SecuROM?

Bisonian

LovingSteam said:
Seriously man? It isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

We can't even get 75% off Crysis, let alone two of their bigger and newer games that haven't been on sale before? Trust me I would love to be wrong, as I've been waiting for Awakenings to hit a decent price for a while now.

You do follow steam pretty closely though, and I suppose anything is possible. I'm just not holding my breath. I'd be elated with 50%, personally.

dock

Which Crysis game should I get if I'm just getting one?

Is it a long game? I'm not much of an FPS player, but it might be fun to try it out on my new laptop.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
DA: Awakenings @ 50% off would really make my week.

picard-make-it-so-1.jpg

dock said:
Which Crysis game should I get if I'm just getting one?

Is it a long game? I'm not much of an FPS player, but it might be fun to try it out on my new laptop.
Go with the original.

What is your laptop's GPU?

epmode

Wallach said:
There's a tool to revoke machine licenses if you do hit that limit somehow. Doesn't seem like a big deal.
The tool works for the Crysis expansion but not for the original Crysis. I kind of regret buying it now.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wallach said:
There's a tool to revoke machine licenses if you do hit that limit somehow. Doesn't seem like a big deal.
That tool only works with Warhead. OG Crysis isn't even picked up by it. And uninstalling it to make space and reinstalling later it counts as another activation. It is utter bullshit it hasn't been patched out by now. I own the game on fucking Steam, I shouldn't have to deal with activation limits as I fucking login in to play games. I had to get another activation from EA and they don't seem to realize that the tool doesn't work on Crysis.

1-D_FTW

Acidote said:
Fucking SecuROM. They should erase it already for &%(&/ sake, I want Crysis but not with it.

Unless it's causing you hardware conflicts, I wouldn't boycott the game on principal. Crysis is amazing and should not be missed. When the game drops to a price you consider throw-away territory, purchase it.

Wallach

Stallion Free said:
That tool only works with Warhead. OG Crysis isn't even picked up by it. And uninstalling it to make space and reinstalling later it counts as another activation. It is utter bullshit it hasn't been patched out by now. I own the game on fucking Steam, I shouldn't have to deal with activation limits as I fucking login in to play games. I had to get another activation from EA and they don't seem to realize that the tool doesn't work on Crysis.

Do these steps not work for Crysis?

https://support.securom.com/PAunlock/index.php?c=1400&exp_serial=1

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wallach said:
Nope, didn't work for me. It's bullshit, so don't even try to come up with an excuse. If there was a built in revoke tool like there is for Batman, that's one thing, but it's fucking stupid with OG Crysis. And 5 installs disappear rather quickly. I shouldn't have to beg for a fucking activation from EA the next time I reinstall the game.

Wallach

Stallion Free said:
Nope, didn't work for me. It's bullshit, so don't even try to come up with an excuse. If there was a built in revoke tool like there is for Batman, that's one thing, but it's fucking stupid with OG Crysis. And 5 installs disappear rather quickly. I shouldn't have to beg for a fucking activation from EA the next time I reinstall the game.

Why would I come up with an excuse? No offense, but I don't give a shit if it works or not. It was an honest question, I've never hit the installation limit so I didn't know.

Rekubot

Volcynika said:
Valve, you really make this too easy!

Monday: Crysis
Tuesday: Military
Wednesday: C&C
Thursday: Racing
Friday: Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Spore
Saturday: Mass Effect
Sunday: Dragon Age

Edited to remove images, we know what they are :D
Oh dear. Bad Company 2, Spore and Dragon Age were all insta-buys for me the moment they went on sale. My poor wallet. :(

I hope Spore has a decent sale. It's one of those games that I'd like to play, but there have the criticism it got made me wary about paying near-full price for it. Under $20 would be nice.

droopy

Lyphen said:
Nice, I'm going to be able to skip these deals, because I paid for them at launch day prices! Go me!

:(

And got months or even years of time to play them in exchange. A good deal by any measure!

Teknoman

GhostRidah said:
on my 4870 I felt a big boost in fps over regular crysis, more than 5 fps for sure, but thats just me.

Well I wanted to try to play the game at enthusiast settings, 1440x900 res. But i'm not sure if its like the first game, where you had to play at the highest settings to get DX10 effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom