• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
OgTheClever said:
I haven't yet and don't plan to until i have money to build a gaming PC and play the full Half-Life series (probably not for another couple of years). I'll probably just buy the Valve Complete Pack when I do.

You could be dead by then... without having played Half-Life.

NIN90

The HL2 games are great but I liked HL1 and OP much better. May just be nostalgia, who knows. I remember being slightly disappointed by HL2 when I first played it near launch.

NIN90, sadly you are wrong it goes

HL2 > HL1 > Ep 2 > OF > Ep 1 > Blue shift (what)

Half Life 2 is just a work of art even today
Half life 1 blew my mind when it came out, doesn't hold up as well today but not many fps from that era do
Ep 2 is the best expansion ever made
OF was good but overrated
ep 1 was too short
blue shift was sad

NIN90 said:
The HL2 games are great but I liked HL1 and OP much better. May just be nostalgia, who knows. I remember being slightly disappointed by HL2 when I first played it near launch.

Preferring Half-Life 1 is perfectly reasonable. But Half-Life 2 is still one of the greatest games ever made (and it's held up better than HL1).

Chris Remo said:
If you can run Morrowind you can clearly run the original Half-Life at maximum settings!
I'm not doubting I can the original but I'd prefer to play the full set of games at the same time. After suffering through Portal on minimum settings with a very mixed frame rate, I'd prefer to wait so i can experience HL2 in its full glory.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
HL1 and 2 are completely different beasts. I like HL1 because of it's quick controls, bunny hops and perilous jumps. I'm not speedrunner, but I have enjoyed hopping through a level with any deaths. I like HL2 because it has damn great characters (except Gordon) and environments. Gunplay and movement isn't as fun as the first (hate the massive forward momentum), but its setpieces are as good if not better than the first (under the bridge, Ravenholm, car parks).

OgTheClever said:
I'm not doubting I can the original but I'd prefer to play the full set of games at the same time. After suffering through Portal on minimum settings with a very mixed frame rate, I'd prefer to wait so i can experience HL2 in its full glory.

It sounds like you should have upgraded 6 years ago.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man fuck the haters, Blue Shift was still great in my book. I love the Half-Life 1 gameplay (which has aged a bit) and Blue Shift is just more of that goodness. It doesn't have as many awesome setpieces as HL1 or Opposing Force, but I'm a huge Barney fan, sue me.

Stallion Free said:
Man fuck the haters, Blue Shift was still great in my book. I love the Half-Life 1 gameplay (which has aged a bit) and Blue Shift is just more of that goodness. It doesn't have as many awesome setpieces as HL1 or Opposing Force, but I'm a huge Barney fan, sue me.

Haha I must admit I wasn't as into PC gaming when someone gave me blue shift and I had only played 4 pc games before really

Half Life and the expansion opposing force
starcraft and the expansion brood war

so blue shift was possibly the most underwhelming thing ever

But considering it started life as just an add on for the dreamcast port (RIP) it's good

Twig

Banned
Blue Shift is definitely the worst of the Half-Life games (though I haven't tried Decay), but it's still Half-Life, and thus still fun.

vocab

Stallion Free said:

Blue Shift is good. As with any game that ties in with the HL universe. Decay is forgettable at best, but seeing that stuff in OP/HL? is kind of weird.
The girls dead body in the middle of Xen wtf

Shadow780 said:
bought ESIV, damn good price.

Are these mods essential that I should download before starting the game?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275247

It's a solid list. Which mods to recommends depends on how far you want to go down the rabbit hole. Oblivion modding can get pretty crazy, but I probably wouldn't recommend things like FCOM if you've never modded the game before.

This is probably the most comprehensive mod list/tutorial I've seen.

Morokh

I'm angry because I bought Oblivion's GOTY 3 weeks ago, but .... Morrowind is mine again xD (OMG just in time ! O_O )

Anyone has a good list of all the good graphic overhaul mods for it ?

Boonoo

The_Inquisitor said:
Oh wow. I may buy this to play on my new rig this xmas. Think it will get any cheaper than this over next 6 months?

Maybe during the holiday sale. Hard to beat 20 for both, though.

Aon

C+C Day
Burnout Paradise to coincide with new Criterion NFS
Spore
Dead Space/Mirrors Edge/ ME1

Then when you take into account the Crysis day, there's no need for a DA sale.

Really hope there is one though.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Diebuster said:
EA Week

Today's deal: Crysis and Crysis Warhead 50% off
Guess DA sale is gonna be sometime this week.

20100614-r5yktdf6ak6hfpikiasf92fpe4.jpg

Edgeward said:
EA week? If Dragon Age is on sale, FFFFUUUUUU I may double dip on it.
It seems like it.
LovingSteam said:
Its possible that Dragon Age: Origins, Awakenings will be going the weekend sale tomorrow. They were just added to the registry. Usually games that have been released for sometime are added due to an impending sale.

Edit: Looks like Valve will be releasing a Battlefield collection soon which includes BF2 & BF:BC 2

Volcynika

Valve, you really make this too easy!

Monday: Crysis
Tuesday: Military
Wednesday: C&C
Thursday: Racing
Friday: Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Spore
Saturday: Mass Effect
Sunday: Dragon Age

Edited to remove images, we know what they are :D

Aaron

epmode said:
Rad. I hope it works with the Steam release!

(to the other person who mentioned it, the Fallout exe may be untouched by Steam. I'm pretty sure that you can launch it without Steam running)

edit: Even if it works, it apparently breaks GFWL so no stupid useless achievements :(
Quoted the wrong thing, but your saves are just in a different location. You only need to copy them into the proper directory. Just make a save after disabling live, and do a search to find the two directories.

EA, why don't you take the opportunity to bring more games to Steam.

Specifically, I want to see you bring the entire Medal of Honor library to Steam. Then again, perhaps you are saving it up to offer it right before you ship the latest MoH.

C'mon EA . . . you've got a massive back catalog. Monetize it.

graywolf323

Volcynika said:

if Awakenings is at least 50% off on Sunday I will be happy :D

vocab

Crysis is still too expensive, and still has DRM. Fuck that noise. I just want Mirrors Edge.

Firebrand said:
:lol Ordered this today on disc because of the crazy high Steam price but said to myself "now it's gonna go on sale for sure". Can we expect as much as 50% off?

33% at most.

Oreoleo

Volcynika said:

Nice job dude. Might end up being an expensive week.

Javaman

Volcynika said:

You're the man Volcano! :)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What does "Military" means?

And why did you remove the banners? :D

Edit: Mirror's Edge has to be 2,50 at least (same price as xmas sale). Let's hope for a Dead space + mirror's edge bundle for 5 bucks

panda21

Volcynika said:

you know that for sure? how did you find that out?

and what is military aside from crysis and C&C?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom