• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Teknoman said:
Well I wanted to try to play the game at enthusiast settings, 1440x900 res. But i'm not sure if its like the first game, where you had to play at the highest settings to get DX10 effects.

You can run Enthusiast settings in DX9 by default in Warhead.

Edit - not sure if I understood your post correctly, but I don't think there are DX10 effects in settings under Enthusiast.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hawkian said:
Sorry if this is known and all, but all my non-steam games have disappeared?
That's been happening to me for the last couple of weeks every time the Steam client is updated.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Killthee said:
That's been happening to me for the last couple of weeks every time the Steam client is updated.

No way to get them back? Steam WAS my organization attempt, I have no clue what far reaches of my computer I had added things from back when. :-/

Teknoman

Wallach said:
You can run Enthusiast settings in DX9 by default in Warhead.

Edit - not sure if I understood your post correctly, but I don't think there are DX10 effects in settings under Enthusiast.

Looking at the IGN review, I guessed Enthusiast was the highest setting, and with the first Crysis, you had to set the graphics at their highest to see DX10 effects...so I was wondering if you still have to run Warhead maxed out to see DX10 effects.

vocab

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I just bought a GT 240 with 1GB ram a wekk ago. Will my Athlon dual core 5000 (3GB system ram) choke on crysis?

BTW I'm running windows 7 64 bit.

Depends on the settings. High settings will most likely crush that computer.

Wallach

Teknoman said:
Looking at the IGN review I guessed Enthusiast was the highest setting, and with the first Crysis, you had to set the graphics at their highest to see DX10 effects...so I was wondering if you still have to run Warhead maxed out to see DX10 effects.

Yeah, I believe that is the case with Warhead as well (though technically in both games you could set individual options to their max to pick certain DX10 effects I suppose).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hawkian said:
No way to get them back? Steam WAS my organization attempt, I have no clue what far reaches of my computer I had added things from back when. :-/
I don't think so. I've been re-adding everything and organizing them after every client update... : /

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I just bought a GT 240 with 1GB ram a wekk ago. Will my Athlon dual core 5000 (3GB system ram) choke on crysis?

BTW I'm running windows 7 64 bit.

You should be fine with medium settings. And you could probably even boost the texture resolution up to high, but you may have to turn down some of the effects that are dependent on the CPU.

You may have to fiddle with it a bit, but I'm sure you can get a playable experience with that rig.

So Steam updating and store is down, fine.

All my categories gone, NOT fine.

Is this some known bug or what? I just reorganized everything :(

*edit*

Ok that's strange, when I started organizing them again suddenly my old categories reappeared. Nerd rage avoided!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nah, no real deck building or card buying. You just try to defeat opponents/players with the premade starter decks they offer in-game.

Ho man, if they made a Magic game like the Pokemon TCG GB game....

markot

Banned
Lyphen said:
Pre-purchasing nets you the first expansion DLC's decks free! Think fast!

One more step and im walkin!
seinfeld_211_337x233_031720091253.jpg

Following is a bit more detailed listing:

Monday: Crysis
Tuesday: Battlefield
Tuesday: BattleForge
Tuesday: Medal of Honor
Wednesday: Command & Conquer
Thursday: Burnout Paradise
Thursday: Need for Speed
Friday: Dead Space
Friday: Mirror's Edge
Friday: Spore
Saturday: Mass Effect
Sunday: Dragon Age: Origins

Hopefully Medal of Honor: Airborne gets a 75% discount. It'll be $2.49, which is as cheap as a box of cereal I think ;p

robatw

crimsonheadGCN said:
Following is a bit more detailed listing:

Hopefully Medal of Honor: Airborne gets a 75% discount. It'll be $2.49, which is as cheap as a box of cereal I think ;p

would buy it for 2.50$ *believe*

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dead Space is so bought if its comes down to at least $10. I somehow managed to miss out when it was discounted to that price during the Steam holiday sale.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I played the Mass Effect 2 demo (why they released a demo 6 months after the game came out is beyond me, but I digress) and had more fun in the first 15 minutes than the entirety of the original game. I will certainly grab that this Saturday. Hopefully Bad Company 2 is 50% (or more!) off and Dead Space and Mirror's Edge are cheap.

Firebrand

hamchan said:
Crysis Maximum Edition prices:

Australian steam store: $30 US

US steam store: $20 US

I hate when this shit happens.

Dragon Age, UK store: £20 ~= €24.
Dragon Age, euro store: €50.

Blargh. I'd prefer to buy all my games on Steam, but with these prices crazy sales barely bring them down to retail prices.

19Kilo

Yeah, I know it's mentioned all the time. I guess I just hadn't paid any attention to it until curiosity got me to check how much it would all cost. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom