• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoFuzz

Was hoping for at least 50% off Bad Company 2. Wasn't it 33% off awhile back if you did a 4-pack?

My wallet is safe for now...

Xapati

So MTG is up, but where's the expansion pack in the library? And I got some promo code for a bunch of cards, so I just go to some Magic licensed store and give them this 25 digit number or something?

edit, got an email with a voucher for the cards

edit 2: whether or not the DLC is installed can be checked in the games folder, yeah this was handled kinda poorly

Xapati said:
So MTG is up, but where's the expansion pack in the library? And I got some promo code for a bunch of cards, so I just go to some Magic licensed store and give them this 25 digit number or something?

edit, got an email with a voucher for the cards

edit 2: whether or not the DLC is installed can be checked in the games folder, yeah this was handled kinda poorly

DLC rarely appears in the library unless it has it's own separate executable. To view DLC, you have to right click on the game and select "View Downloadable Content" option to see what DLC is applied. Once DLC is bought, it's applied to the game as a patch.

Javaman

Trouble said:

"When the PlayStation 3 was introduced, I was the one of the platform's biggest critics," said Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve. "However, Sony Computer Entertainment has proved that the PlayStation 3 is the most open platform of all the current generation consoles and has worked extremely hard to make the platform the most desirable for consumers and developers.

:eek:|

Trouble

Banned
Buttonbasher said:
What a stupid article. They clearly didn't understand what was being said.
I guess someone pointed out to them that Steam is not actually coming to the PS3. They've corrected the article.

neoism

Ok anyone think Dead Space will be part of the week sale? The Dead Space 2 trailer got me interested in the series..

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
neoism said:
Ok anyone think Dead Space will be part of the week sale? The Dead Space 2 trailer got me interested in the series..
It would be extremely foolish to not take advantage of the buzz.

I expect a $10 sale.

MoFuzz

neoism said:
Pretty much confirmed if you check a few pages back. It'll be Friday. Maybe even less than $10?

Mr_Zombie

I know that this is Steam topic, but can anyone tell me what DRM does EA Store use? There are some sweet sales currently on Polish store and I consider buying few games (I know that there's a EA week on Steam, but even with 50% sale most Steam prices, when converted from Euro to PLN, are high :().

Mr_Zombie said:
I know that this is Steam topic, but can anyone tell me what DRM does EA Store use? There are some sweet sales currently on Polish store and I consider buying few games (I know that there's a EA week on Steam, but even with 50% sale most Steam prices, when converted from Euro to PLN, are high :().

I'm pretty sure all games on EA Store use SecuROM. THere should be a description on the bottom of the store page that tells you how many installs and stuff like that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If Mass effect 2 goes on sale at a low enough price that you guys pick it up, make sure you download all the DLC you get for free that you get with the game (an armor/weapon set, a new party member, and a vehicle based questline). Also, get over your cheapness and pick up the two paid DLC's, Kasumi (another party member) and Overlord (a really fucking good questline).

Lijik

criesofthepast said:
Steam forums are amazing right now. So much butthurt the last few weeks with the Mac stuff and now the PS3.
I hope to god a Sony logo comes up when you log into Steam, I really really do :lol

todahawk

Mr_Zombie said:
Oh yes... that thread was a brilliant meltdown :D

:lol

Made me think of this:

clientsfromhell said:
Client: Hey, just one final question before I send the deposit. Do you use a PC or a MAC?

Me: I use a MAC.

Client: That is a problem. Do you have access to a PC? I am not a supporter of Apple products.

Me: No, I don’t have access to a PC, but this will have little to no effect on the work itself.

Client: I am a Christian and Apple products are sinful, I do not want our website to be created by a product made by this corrupt group. You need only look at their logo, an apple with a bite taken from it. Do you not know the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden? If I allowed you to create my website on a MAC I would be just like Adam, taking a bite of the forbidden fruit.

[Silence]

“Take my advise, destroy your mac and repent for when judgement day comes. It shall be you who is cast to hell for your sins.”

Me: [Block Contact]

Volcynika

No one posted that the deal of Wednesday went up? Maybe I missed it

eaWeek_wednesday_spotlight.jpg

Danneee said:
Yeah, is there any reason to buy the original RA3 over RA3 Uprising?
Uprising is apparently SP only, not that there is likely to be much MP activity for RA3, I wouldn't think.

Is Uprising worth a couple hours as a diversion?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Edgeward said:
Can't see the image at work. Can someone write what the deal is, please?
33% off CnC4.
50% off CnC3, CNC3: Kane's Wrath, Red Alert 3
75% off Red Alert 3: Uprising

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad there isn't some kind of C&C3 complete collection for like $30 or so. I don't want to pay $45 for all of that, but then again I don't want to just get the vanilla game of C&C3 or Red Alert 3. I might pick up just Red Alert 3 and its expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom