• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomper

Stitch said:
it's still cheaper on that polish site :p

edit: oh wait,, it's not oO
Nope, cheaper on Steam.

Plus, that Polish G2Play site says it's now owned by a 'respected company from Singapore 7 Entertainment Pte. Ltd.'. I wonder if that means the CD-keys for all games will now also be of Singapore-versions. In that case, expect Valve to crack down on it soon. They can sell Polish versions to anyone in Europa as there's free trade within the EU, but selling a Singapore-version in Europe might pose problems.

Volcynika

careful said:
If you already have parts of OB (like Portal or TF2), does it still download the whole thing or only the missing parts?

Buying the Orange Box => Adding the games in the package to your list. It's not just one big pack to download.

Zzoram

HamPster PamPster said:
Whats the best 3rd person shooter?

I can't find a way to filter the games beyond "action"

Yeah, Steam needs a better way to filter by sub-genre.

Lost Planet (original, not Colonies Edition), GRAW, and Mass Effect are the only 3rd person perspective games on Steam that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more, but those are probably the biggest names.

Zzoram said:
Yeah, Steam needs a better way to filter by sub-genre.

Lost Planet (original, not Colonies Edition), GRAW, and Mass Effect are the only 3rd person perspective games on Steam that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more, but those are probably the biggest names.

Don't forget Max Payne 1 and 2.

Question from a friend:

He is getting a new desktop next week, but wants to buy the Orange box this weekend for the deal. If he does this on his laptop, he should be able to install steam, log in and DL the game on his new desktop next week right?

Volcynika

prodystopian said:
Question from a friend:

He is getting a new desktop next week, but wants to buy the Orange box this weekend for the deal. If he does this on his laptop, he should be able to install steam, log in and DL the game on his new desktop next week right?

As long as you have your account info, you can get your Steam games on any computer (Just don't log in at two places at once :p )

Bluth54

prodystopian said:
Question from a friend:

Yes, he just has to download the Steam application on his new PC and login to his account. You can download your Steam games on as many PCs as you want.

Bought. I hated TF2 on 360 but I hear good things about playing it on PC. I might as well give it a shot. Doubt I'll even download the Half Life games.

epmode said:
Hay look, a controversial statement!

<INCENDIARY REPLY>

Not that I don't like them. I've already played through them on 360 and I don't really have the urge to play through them again. Stop trying to create controversy!! :lol

BobLoblaw

Banned
I wasn't going to get the orange box collection until HL2: Episode 3 was released (I've avoided ep. 1 and 2 as a result), but there's no way in hell I'm passing this one up. :D

epmode

DoctorWho said:
Not that I don't like them. I've already played through them on 360 and I don't really have the urge to play through them again. Stop trying to create controversy!! :lol
:D

I CAN'T HELP IT. There's this creepy anti-Half-Life contingent on GAF and it concerns me!

Crunched said:
Whyyyyyyyyyyyy???

The deals are so good. Too much money spent on Steam.

I have to hold out. I have to.

It's $10. In 50 years, that $10 isn't going to make any difference in your life. SPEND!!! SPEND!!!

Red

DoctorWho said:
It's $10. In 50 years, that $10 isn't going to make any difference in your life. SPEND!!! SPEND!!!
But I've been spending like $10 on Steam every week for three months. I need to stop :lol

Fireflu

I hate to sound like the filthy cheapskate that I am but if anyone has a spare Episode 2 or Portal I would be most grateful, pretty please... :)

I have TF2 already and own HL2 from launch, but for that price for portal and ep2 it can't be sneezed at.

Just need ep1 now...

*edit* ep1 is included, I never knew...holy balls!

Oh bollocks to you steam, I pay by paypal and steam says there was an error but i'm still billed for the orange box, looks like my first experience with support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom