• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
K.Jack said:
How long is King's Bounty, like if I try to do everything?

You'd definitely get your money's worth. Most of the game is the strategic battles which can be long by themselves, so if you wanted to do everything I can easily see it taking a couple hundred hours.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Peronthious said:
You'd definitely get your money's worth. Most of the game is the strategic battles which can be long by themselves, so if you wanted to do everything I can easily see it taking a couple hundred hours.
Awesome. I've never played a turn based Western game. Any other good ones out there?

Volcynika

Freaky Free Friday on Steam (Left 4 Dead)

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2458/

Beginning Friday at 12:01 am GMT, the PC version of Left 4 Dead will be available for a free 24-hour trial via Steam. The free trial will include access to the recently released Survival Pack DLC, which introduces a new multiplayer game mode and two additional Versus campaigns. Those who wish to give L4D and the Survival Pack a try may now pre-load everything needed to play with no obligation to purchase.

Mrbob

JA2 is pretty hardcore strategy game. Fun but can be daunting.

JA2 Gold (game + expansion) has gone on sale half price on steam a couple times. I picked up the JA2/Disciples 2 gold package when it was half off at $14.99. Heck of a package for a low price.

Doytch

Anyone here want to comment on HoI? Sort of half-interested in HoI3 since I like EU3, but it seems even more hardcore, and I'm sort of at my limit with EU3.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Mrbob said:
JA2 is pretty hardcore strategy game. Fun but can be daunting.

JA2 Gold (game + expansion) has gone on sale half price on steam a couple times. I picked up the JA2/Disciples 2 gold package when it was half off at $14.99. Heck of a package for a low price.

That is a great deal. I went the GOG route for the JA games.

Anyone notice there's a DS version coming out in a few days? Here's to hoping...

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
TouchMyBox said:
Did anybody buy Stalin vs Martians? If so, impressions?

RPS said it was godawful, and optimized poorly to boot, but that's all I've seen.

Two Worlds Epic Edition- $19.99

Anyone have any opinions on this? I've always been curious, I hear the PC version is better but....

Musashi Wins! said:
RPS said it was godawful, and optimized poorly to boot, but that's all I've seen.

Two Worlds Epic Edition- $19.99

Anyone have any opinions on this? I've always been curious, I hear the PC version is better but....

That's kinda what I was assuming, just wondering if there's any redeeming qualities about it.

As for two worlds, click the link above, hearing that is justification for spending $19.99

bengraven

Oblivion is coming to Steam? Hell yeah! I already own the CE and all the DLC/expansions for 360 but I'd love to get it for PC. I'll wait til it's up on one of those weekend deals for less than $20. ;)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not sure if it's the Weekend Deal, probably is, but Left 4 Dead is 40% off this weekend.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Volcynika said:
Another weekend, another deal I get to pass on. :/

Yeah i have no interest in Left 4 dead because my machine can't run the game at all. I was expecting one of those sweet 5 dollar deals, now i am gonna seriously have to look at the ubisoft games with 25 and 50 % off on gamersgate.com

Volcynika

Gexecuter said:
Yeah i have no interest in Left 4 dead because my machine can't run the game at all. I was expecting one of those sweet 5 dollar deals, now i am gonna seriously have to look at the ubisoft games with 25 and 50 % off on gamersgate.com

Well for me, it's because I already have the game :p

It's been a while since I grabbed a weekend deal, last one I got was Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Btw i once again propose that we have a single thread made specifically for posting weekend deals on the various digital download services that are out there. Steam, gamersgate and GOG have deals pretty much every week.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Gexecuter said:
Btw i once again propose that we have a single thread made specifically for posting weekend deals on the various digital download services that are out there. Steam, gamersgate and GOG have deals pretty much every week.

People should be reminded to go buy World in Conflict Complete Edition at gamersgate. Right now.

Blizzard

Banned
Steam tracks your game time over the last two weeks. Is there any way to view all-time playtime for games? Or do only certain games have that feature?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
Steam tracks your game time over the last two weeks. Is there any way to view all-time playtime for games? Or do only certain games have that feature?

Nope, Steam doesn't keep track of your all-time playing time.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
But I thought people have quoted 200+ hours playing TF2...or was that just in one two-week period? o_O;

Maybe for TF2 it does but since i don't play that game i couldn't say for sure, my experience is that after two weeks Steam erases the time i have spent with a game. Maybe for some games it tracks the all-time playing time i dunno.

Oreoleo

Blizzard said:
But I thought people have quoted 200+ hours playing TF2...or was that just in one two-week period? o_O;

Maybe cause TF2 keeps track of how long you've played as each class and they add it up?

I'm surprised to see Killing Floor at number 2 on the top sellers list. Are enough people here buying it for some swank GAF matches?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I really want to buy Killing Floor. I love Red Orchestra so much and L4D has felt a little tired for a while now.

Plus it has a fucking chainsaw.

BobsRevenge said:
I really want to buy Killing Floor. I love Red Orchestra so much and L4D has felt a little tired for a while now.

Plus it has a fucking chainsaw.
I have only played the old RO when it was still mod plus a few matches on a friend's copy when it first hit Steam but I feel that they support their games quite well. I am tempted to buy Killing Floor knowing that down the road they will add official new maps and game modes.

It's a hard call too with L4D on offer right now, I have not played it yet.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Diablohead said:
I have only played the old RO when it was still mod plus a few matches on a friend's copy when it first hit Steam but I feel that they support their games quite well. I am tempted to buy Killing Floor knowing that down the road they will add official new maps and game modes.

It's a hard call too with L4D on offer right now, I have not played it yet.
You could get them both for the price of less than one full-priced game! :D

Seriously though, L4D is a masterpiece. I'd definitely pick that up.

And why haven't you bought RO yet? It has been on a couple of weekend deals for, like, $5. People still play it quite a bit.

One thing that Killing Floor has that L4D doesn't yet is a level editor. So until Valve gets the L4D one out, Killing Floor will have that on it...

Does anyone know when to expect the L4D SDK?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
LovingSteam said:
claydavis.gif

bam.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom