• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I might pick up Burnout. I'm pretty tired of Dirt 2 and Grid now, so I need a new racing game. For 7.50... why not? That's like, one lunch.

I'll bring some of my badass lentil soup to work (I made, like, 10 servings) instead of buying out.

£5 for BOP? buy it! awesome game if you like tons to do and lots to crash into. Shame it doesn't have big surf island though, one of the better DLC's made this generation.

Psy-Phi said:
Speaking of Mac gaming however -- where's the Mac games for this week Valve? I remember reading the launch hype and it sounded like it'd be every Wednesday. They missed the last few weeks, but at least had something drop by the end of the week.
Some game called Fortix seems to have been released sometime between now and the last time I checked.

ne1

crimsonheadGCN said:
Nope, it does not. EA generally wants to have full control of their games, so they could end online play or support for it. So it's very rare for them to use GfWL or Steamworks in their games.

No Big Surf or Cops and Robbers.

Edit: Anyone in Europe willing to gift Burnout Paradise to me? I'm willing to gift a $5 game in return (Conversion from Euro to US% would make that come out to be $4.62, right?)
Anyone hooked you up yet? I'll help out otherwise.

vocab

It's gonna be at least $30-$33. No way a quality game like that will drop to $20 so fast for a sale. ME1 should be $5 though :lol

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
ME2 has been $30 at Amazon for weeks. If the Steam deal sucks (and by looking at previous deals this week, it probably will) I will probably just grab the retail version and put it on Goozex when I'm done with the game.

Acidote

Burnout bought and gifted to my brother, 3.74 is a good deal. I already had it on my 360 but bought it to play with him :)

crimsonheadGCN said:
Edit: Anyone in Europe willing to gift Burnout Paradise to me? I'm willing to gift a $5 game in return (Conversion from Euro to US% would make that come out to be $4.62, right?)
I also need this. I'll gift a $5USD game (like the Undercover sale) or $5 over PayPal.

Firebrand

Edgeward said:
Yea, no way it's going lower than what anything the EA store has ever offered. $30 is a good call.

It's about 45% off now on the EA Store here. Don't care much for that service though so hoping for, but certainly not expecting, a Steam price reduction from €50 to €40 on top of whatever discount.

Is NFS:Shift glitchy or did they get that patched up?

I really want Burnout, but when I tried to buy it they said my e-mail needed to be verified. I waited, but nothing, tried manually, nothing again and now I've opened a support ticket.

Anyone had a problem with this? I really hope it gets sorted before the deal ends. :(

Roofy

since i already have Burnout and all DLC on my PS3 and i dont think im going to want to start from scratch again, does anyone know if there is a modding scene for burnout or if its even possible?

edit: stupid me didnt ask before googling, there are definitely mods but they dont look that impressive

Ledsen

will I be able to run burnout in 60 fps @ 1680x1050 with good graphics? i have a sony eb1m1e laptop with i3 330m, radeon hd5650m and 4 gb ram... get about 6500-7000 in 3dmark06. if that's not enough i'd rather just get it on 360 since there's no way I'll compromise that 60 fps in burnout.

fresquito

Burnout is so mine. Last Christmass I got OutRun C2C instead and still I'm regreting my choice (not because OR is a bad game, but because I couldn't create a profile and save my scores and there was no online at all).

MNC

poweld said:
Tried out the ME2 demo yesterday. Hot damn am I excited for Saturday! I hope it's a good deal, cause EA has got me hook line and sinker.
Demo?

Mass Effect has a demo!?!?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
ipukespiders said:
Haven't kept up on burnout... is it basically an online game, or would there be plenty to keep me busy single player?
Single player is massive. Online is a seamless switch to add players to your city, where you create and compete in your own crazy objectives.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
ipukespiders said:
Haven't kept up on burnout... is it basically an online game, or would there be plenty to keep me busy single player?
There is plenty to do in single player.

Nabs

ipukespiders said:

you'll be fine. playing online is fun w/ friends, but the majority of my time is spent joy riding w/ my music blasting.

19Kilo

fresquito said:
Damn it! Burnout Paradise doesn't seem to recognise my DFGT! I'm so mad! I hope I can find a workaround :-/

Hmm I'll give my DFGT a try once I get the game installed tonight. I plan on playing this one with a 360 controller though.

droopy

Edgeward said:
Yea, no way it's going lower than what anything the EA store has ever offered. $30 is a good call.

I got ME2 and the Pinnacle station dlc for $25 around PAX time from the EA store, so effectively $20.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
$22.49 doesn't seem too bad for shift. Would have been nice if it was 50% off though.

I can't remember if undercover was any good. Probably not but it's $5!

Javaman

so.... Good deal?

j7rkoh.jpg

Is NFS Undercover just so bad that it's not even worth it at $5?

I put so much time into Burnout on 360 already that I'm going to pass on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom