• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
notworksafe said:
2. You buy it on the Bioware site. A bunch of stuff is free as well.
Sorry to be ignorant again, but what stuff is free? I just did some checking and it looks like $16 total for the three DLC packs, though I had to search to figure out that 1 bioware point = 1.25 cents USD apparently. :lol

graywolf323

Mass Effect is 75% off and Mass Effect 2 40% off

not bad but still hoping Dragon Age: Awakenings is 50% off tomorrow

derFeef said:
FUUUUUUUUUU I missed the Dead Space deal :(

well you know they say right there on Steam - Offer ends 10am Pacific time

Mrbob said:
Odd question.

I have the ME2 CE on 360....if buy the PC regular edition, do I get to load all that extra content on the PC version since everything is linked to a Bioware account?

check here to be sure - http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

my PC version gave me the stuff for the 360 as well so I'd guess so

vocab

Stallion Free said:
It's definitely on. I'm using Cat 10.5 for reference.

Anyway, I just tried it, and it runs a 60 fps except this one spot on the Normandy which is 56. In battles in 60 fps all the way though. Damn it looks so much cleaner, defintely going to use it for a second play through.

My biggest problem with ME1 is that it has some texture streaming problems that are very noticeable, and can cause some slight stuttering. I had some audio issues when I played, but I have no idea what the source was (drivers, w7 64 bit, audio settings?) It's not the greatest PC port, but it's way better than the 360 version. Other than that, ME1 is an amazing game for $5

chixdiggit

Wow am I pretty disappointed in the Burnout "Ultimate" box. I assumed it included all the DLC. What exactly makes it "Ultimate"? It seems to come with everything the normal version has and nothing more.

notworksafe

Blizzard said:
Sorry to be ignorant again, but what stuff is free? I just did some checking and it looks like $16 total for the three DLC packs, though I had to search to figure out that 1 bioware point = 1.25 cents USD apparently. :lol
You get DLC when you buy the retail game (through the Cerberus Network...ie the website). Firewalker pack (vehicle missions), Zaeed (new character), a new heavy weapon, a shotgun, and a new set of armor are all free.

EDIT: You also get a suit of armor if you own Dragon Age, and there are some free items from buying sodas...but I doubt those are still around.

Parham

Banned
Blizzard said:
Silly questions:

1. Is there any way to do the equivalent of ctrl-F to search in the Steam browser? That would be really nice. :lol Or I guess I could just use a different browser instead...

2. I heard a couple of people mention DLC for Mass Effect 2, but I don't see it for sale in the store. Can you get it on Steam, and if so how much does it cost? *edit* Someone feel free to correct me, but some searching seems to indicate that I would have to get it off the Bioware store, and it would be like $16 total USD?

3. Aside from the soundtrack and the couple of extra armor/weapon items, is the deluxe version a lot better in your random internet opinion?

4. For anyone who monitors retail, is $24 a price you're unlikely to see Mass Effect 2 for in the near future? I'm very unlikely to play Mass Effect 2 soon since I haven't even started Mass Effect 1, so I can afford to wait a while. (my apologies if asking about a $24 game offends anyone :p) *fake edit* It looks like the normal PC version is around $30 with shipping/tax from Amazon and Wal-mart so that's not a huge discount. I'll probably wait unless the deluxe edition is that much better or someone convinces me otherwise.

1. No. :(
2. Yes, you have to buy the DLC off of Bioware's store.
3. As someone who has bought the deluxe edition, no. Unless you want the soundtrack and digital art book, I would suggest buying the regular edition.
4. If you are going to play it within the next month, go ahead and buy it. However, if you don't intend on touching it for another five or six months, you could probably wait for Steam's Thanksgiving and Holiday sales.

vocab

chixdiggit said:
Wow am I pretty disappointed in the Burnout "Ultimate" box. I assumed it included all the DLC. What exactly makes it "Ultimate"? It seems to come with everything the normal version has and nothing more.

Nope. You just get the party dlc, which is kind of shitty to begin with, the bikes, and the other updates.

Trouble said:
New ME2 guys, get your 3 pieces of DLC headgear courtesy of Dr. Pepper.

Instructions here: http://www.destructoid.com/get-mass-effect-2-dr-pepper-promo-dlc-without-dr-pepper-162580.phtml

Actually, I never knew about that, so thanks.

EDIT: none of the codes work :lol

Polk

chixdiggit said:
Ultimate Box came before Big Surf, Cops and Robbers and Legendary Cars. So why it should include those?
There is no "normal" version of the pc game. Never was.

esc said:
And here's the Dragon Age deal:

lZQ1x.jpg

What is Dragon Age Origins "Collections"? All DLC contect released?

chixdiggit

vocab said:
Nope. You just get the party dlc, which is kind of shitty to begin with, the bikes, and the other updates.

Wow, I feel pretty mislead. The only reason I bought it was to get the DLC stuff that I didn't have on the 360 version. Lesson learned I suppose.

Polk

Blizzard

Banned
notworksafe said:
You get DLC when you buy the retail game (through the Cerberus Network...ie the website). Firewalker pack (vehicle missions), Zaeed (new character), a new heavy weapon, a shotgun, and a new set of armor are all free.
Thanks for all the info everyone, but one last question -- does "retail game" as you say for that free DLC also count the Steam version? :p

vocab

Blizzard said:
Thanks for all the info everyone, but one last question -- does "retail game" as you say for that free DLC also count the Steam version? :p

Yes. You get a Cerberus Key with the steam version. You register that key on Bioware Social, and you get all that stuff.

I just bought the PC version of Mass Effect 2 for like 60$ Canadian last week. Fuck. Oh well, I've been meaning to buy Mass Effect on PC and it's kind of hard to pass up at 5$. It'll be interesting to see the performance differences on my new rig :3

MNC said:
Gonna rant some more about €/$

ME2 price is €30 while USD is $24? :| That means...

€30 = $37
$24 = €19!

Yes, get it gifted, etc. I just like to be dumbstruck by the actual price calculations.

The steam prices are too high anyway. You can get ME2 for 20 euros from the big webshops like bol.com.

Volcynika

Oracle Dragon said:
I have the regular old bought-at-a-store version of Dragon Age, can I use the expansion pack from Steam with it? Or I must have the Steam version of DA as well?

Posted a little earlier. No. You must have the Steam version.

Firebrand

MNC said:
Gonna rant some more about €/$

ME2 price is €30 while USD is $24? :|

Dragon Age is even worse. 20 pounds (~€24) vs 50 euros.

I miss the old USD store where it was just one price and your local tax added on top of that.

Trouble

Banned
Polk said:
I'm getting
We're sorry but the code you received from the 7-11 tear sheet is no longer valid. However you can still participate by purchasing specially marked bottles. You can also check the official rules and see how to obtain a free code.
Well that sucks, sorry.

im pissed i snoozed on dead space and mirror's edge would've got both. I just bought ME since i got rid of the 360 version. ME2 I have the 360 version, no need for pc version yet (will wait for the inevitable $5 sale next year)

i should of gotten dead space sooner it's pretty good, i think i should play on hard since i'm playing it like a loot game. Woo more monster i wonder what they drop =D

For those interested in the ME2 Deluxe Edition, know this:
- The soundtrack that comes with it is 12 tracks, while the full soundtrack is 27 (256kbps MP3s)
- The artbook is a 770x554 PDF (40 pages long) and the comic is a similar size (28 pages)
- The documentary is kind of nice, twenty-something minutes long and 720p-ish, but it's all on Youtube.

It's not exactly daylight robbery, but I was disappointed when I bought it and found I only had half a soundtrack and such pathetically tiny art.

Trouble

Banned
Broadbandito said:
Yea, did the pc version turn out to be extremely smooth?
Compared to the 360 version, yes. They actually spent extra time to make the PC port better, which seems to the exception to the rule.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
matrix-cat said:
For those interested in the ME2 Deluxe Edition, know this:
- The soundtrack that comes with it is 12 tracks, while the full soundtrack is 27 (256kbps MP3s)
- The artbook is a 770x554 PDF (40 pages long) and the comic is a similar size (28 pages)
- The documentary is kind of nice, twenty-something minutes long and 720p-ish, but it's all on Youtube.

It's not exactly daylight robbery, but I was disappointed when I bought it and found I only had half a soundtrack and such pathetically tiny art.

What about the armor/weapons?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
zombieshavebrains said:
What about the armor/weapons?
Don't bother, none of them are that much better and some are even worse. I wouldn't miss them if I suddenly lost them. Save the money and put it towards the two DLC packs for purchase: Kasumi and Overlord.

If you purchase Mass Effect 2, set up your Bioware social account and make sure you have (these are all free once you register your key):
-Normandy Crash Site
-Zaeed - The Price of Revenge
-Firewalker

Then go get some Bioware points and purchase:
-Kasumi - Stolen Memory
-Overlord

These all add actual content to the game and are well worth your time. Kasumi and Zaeed are incredibly useful additions to your party, while the Firewalker and Overlord packs add some neat questlines that utilize the Mako replacement which isn't used in the regular game. Normandy Crash Site has some nice atmosphere and music and throwbacks to Mass Effect 1.

_Bro

Banned
Instead of making a new thread I figured I'd just ask in here:

How do I install TF2 skins? I'm trying to install the old school pack and there are no resources that make sense. I've got my username\teamfortress2\tf folder open. Where do I put my skins?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Reposted for the new page:

If you purchase Mass Effect 2, set up your Bioware social account and make sure you have (these are all free once you register your key):
-Normandy Crash Site
-Zaeed - The Price of Revenge
-Firewalker

Then go get some Bioware points and purchase:
-Kasumi - Stolen Memory
-Overlord

These all add actual content to the game and are well worth your time. Kasumi and Zaeed are incredibly useful additions to your party, while the Firewalker and Overlord packs add some neat questlines that utilize the Mako replacement which isn't used in the regular game. Normandy Crash Site has some nice atmosphere and music and throwbacks to Mass Effect 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom