• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsen

Bought DA:Origins for the equivalent of 16 euro thanks to a UK GAF:er, currently installing it... did I make the right choice opting for the normal version? Deluxe was like £7 more and the only significant piece of content seemed to be Warden's Keep (which I heard was short and not super good or anything).

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yesterday i finished Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, it was pretty damn good and i recommend it to anyone who likes stealth games. Now all i want is a sale on the other splinter cell games because i want more and for Pandora tomorrow to be put on Steam.

Ledsen said:
Bought DA:Origins for the equivalent of 16 euro thanks to a UK GAF:er, currently installing it... did I make the right choice opting for the normal version? Deluxe was like £7 more and the only significant piece of content seemed to be Warden's Keep (which I heard was short and not super good or anything).

Yeah. You could always get Warden's Keep later if you feel like you're missing out, which is what I did.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
ZOMG Valve talked to me!

valve.jpg

Kerrinck

Gexecuter said:
Yesterday i finished Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, it was pretty damn good and i recommend it to anyone who likes stealth games. Now all i want is a sale on the other splinter cell games because i want more and for Pandora tomorrow to be put on Steam.

Will probably take a while since there was that recent splinter cell sale.

Gexecuter said:

You're not missing much, it's basically a rehash of the first SC but more inconsistent (some awesome levels, some horrible levels).

Downloaded the Mass Effect 2 demo to test out on my rig; 1080p with everything on at 60 fps, nice.

I missed out on the MS2 sale, but I'm still need to finish MS1, which is still on my backlog of games, so I can wait again.

Blackheim

crimsonheadGCN said:
So Transformers™: War for Cybertron™ has appeared on the "Coming Soon" list and the release date is tomorrow. I like Transformers, so I was wondering if the 360 demo was any good?

Ah, finally, I've been wondering if it was going to show up. Boo for Kotick and his practices, but I'm sure not everyone who works there is an ass so I'll support High Moon and hope it's good. Besides, I need something besides TF2 and the Half Life series to entertain my nephew with and this is certainly more ... age appropriate (he's 6 >.>) haha.

Zalasta

At first I was all sad that I missed the sale on DA:A, but then I saw it was only a discount of $10. I'd rather spend the $30 towards Civ 5.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Zalasta said:
At first I was all sad that I missed the sale on DA:A, but then I saw it was only a discount of $10. I'd rather spend the $30 towards Civ 5.
I just rushed to this topic for the same reason. :lol

Phew, I would've been sick if it was $19.99 or something.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 was added to the store with the System Requirements:

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4400+
Memory: 2GB
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3870
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 14 GB
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
Peripherals: 10-button controller such as Xbox 360 or Logitech Dual-Action
Other Requirements: Internet Broadband Connection, Microsoft .NET 3.5 required

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4400+
Memory: 2GB
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 280 / ATI Radeon HD 4870
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 14 GB
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
Peripherals: 10-button controller such as Xbox 360 or Logitech Dual-Action
Other Requirements: Internet Broadband Connection, Microsoft .NET 3.5 required

MoFuzz

Deus Ex and its bastard child are on sale to mark the 10 anniversary of the first game's release. 75% off the bundle or each game individually.

EDIT: Beaten (unsurprisingly) by the bald guy.

Salacious Crumb

Diablohead said:
gtx 280 as recc? hm one of the few games released where my gtx 260 seems to be starting to age :p

I wouldn't worry too much. A 260 (216) is generally slightly faster than a 4870, which is listed as recommended.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely gonna pick up Invisible War. I never tried it due to all of the bad things I heard about it over the years. I'll try to keep an open mind and not compare it to Deux Ex.

Should I just get the original or both?

I haven't ever played any of them.

Will they run on Windows 7 64-bit?

EDIT: FUCK IT I GOT THEM BOTH

EDIT 2: Can someone confirm if it will run on Windows 7 64-bit and if it doesn't how would I run it (will I have to download XP mode or something)

TheYanger

rebought last month when it was 2.50, and yeah it ran fine on Win7 64 bit, you NEED to get the directx10 renderers available online. Once I did that it ran great, before that it didn't. The only issue I noticed was that when there are 'flashing' lights in a few spots it would render it all jacked up, but this happens twice in the game at most, and it's like, not even a room. One is the elevator shaft in the ton hotel, and once iis near the end. Perfectly as I remember it otherwise.

EDIT: http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/ That's what I used, I believe. Just follow the directions.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
ashbash159 said:
Should I just get the original or both?

I haven't ever played any of them.

Will they run on Windows 7 64-bit?

EDIT: FUCK IT I GOT THEM BOTH

EDIT 2: Can someone confirm if it will run on Windows 7 64-bit and if it doesn't how would I run it (will I have to download XP mode or something)

The original Deus Ex runs on Winows 7 64-bit with no problems, so I hope and assume that the sequel does as well.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
TheYanger said:
rebought last month when it was 2.50, and yeah it ran fine on Win7 64 bit, you NEED to get the directx10 renderers available online. Once I did that it ran great, before that it didn't. The only issue I noticed was that when there are 'flashing' lights in a few spots it would render it all jacked up, but this happens twice in the game at most, and it's like, not even a room. One is the elevator shaft in the ton hotel, and once iis near the end. Perfectly as I remember it otherwise.

EDIT: http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/ That's what I used, I believe. Just follow the directions.

This too! Google Deus Ex DX10. It's really easy to get it working.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ive avoided deus ex for years and years and years because i disliked how it looked, its like a movie you see a trailer for and just dislike contrary to everyone telling you how awesome it is. A more pertinent example is someone telling me a trailer for the original half life made them think it was bad, id shake the shit out of them and say play the fucker.

Someone shake me :( i still have this really unappealing feeling about it

TheYanger

And since you're a newbie to the series, be patient :) Try to put forth some effort into the first game instead of walking up to the first guy acting like it's an FPS, getting smoked, and erage quitting. Seems like a lot of kiddies that try to play it now do that and act like it hasn't aged well :p Your accuracy is not good without skills in weapons, and you need time to set up shots.

TheYanger said:
And since you're a newbie to the series, be patient :) Try to put forth some effort into the first game instead of walking up to the first guy acting like it's an FPS, getting smoked, and erage quitting. Seems like a lot of kiddies that try to play it now do that and act like it hasn't aged well :p Your accuracy is not good without skills in weapons, and you need time to set up shots.
How did I forget it's kind of an RPG. I honestly don't know much about this game apart from it's popularity and the look of Human Revolution.

I'm sure I'll be okay, playing old games that "haven't aged well" hasn't been a problem for me when playing games on my PC these past two years.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Mr Cola said:
Ive avoided deus ex for years and years and years because i disliked how it looked, its like a movie you see a trailer for and just dislike contrary to everyone telling you how awesome it is. A more pertinent example is someone telling me a trailer for the original half life made them think it was bad, id shake the shit out of them and say play the fucker.

Someone shake me :( i still have this really unappealing feeling about it

It's TWO DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm giving up cereal for a week, PM me with your email to get a free copy of Deus Ex gifted from me. First 2 only. Also, shame on you for not owning it already.

Zozobra

Are there any good graphical mods for the original Deus Ex? I'd like to play it, but I'd be more inclined to do so if I could make it look a bit less dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom