• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayman

I have not played any CS in years (aside from a brief game of getting shot in the head after source was last on sale) but i am having a lot of fun with this game today.

Grayman said:
I have not played any CS in years (aside from a brief game of getting shot in the head after source was last on sale) but i am having a lot of fun with this game today.

I just tried it for a half hour, was kinda lost (never followed the game) but enjoyed it. Died non stop.
I'll have to read up on it. I'm used to die, respawn, rinse, repeat.

vocab

ipukespiders said:
I just tried it for a half hour, was kinda lost (never followed the game) but enjoyed it. Died non stop.
I'll have to read up on it. I'm used to die, respawn, rinse, repeat.

I'm giving lessons. $10 an hour, and I'll guarantee that you'll get better just from the first session alone.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Basileus777 said:
Does Activision really have a $1 off sale for the new MW2 map-pack? :lol
They probably got the idea from people wishing for 10% off a 10$ game (1$) or asking for people to gift them a game from another region to shave off a dollar or two from the price. Yeah, I saw both of those in the last 50 posts or so.

MNC

azentium said:
The game has been gifted. I hope you enjoy. :)
I noticed, yes. You're a gentleman, a scholar and just plain amazing. If you ever need a favor of the same calibre, you'd have my eyelander.

panda21

they still haven't put risen back?! thats really weird. it was coming 'next week' for several weeks like a few months ago. i would have thought one of those 'next week's would finally have delivered by now :lol

Acidote

Meh, I already own the first one. I guess I'll give away the free copy to one of my brothers.

Also, they've raised the price 1 € from the first one, from MI was 8.99 € and MI2 is 9.99 € :lol

epmode

PuppetSlave said:
Lol, as if most fans has not already bought that one.
I haven't. Crappy art and no voices in the old mode = no sale

Both points have been addressed for part 2 so I'll definitely pick it up. I just wish they'd go back and update part 1.

Someone out there will port the popular mods over i'm sure, gungame will probably be one of them, zombie mod might not since we sort of have left 4 dead now... which is no where as good as zmod :D

Spwn

CS:S is so much fun. I always get spawn killed by my team-mates who shout on their microphones with a high-pitched pre-teen voice.

Spwn said:
CS:S is so much fun. I always get spawn killed by my team-mates who shout on their microphones with a high-pitched pre-teen voice.

Play on a different server. I can't remember the last time I ran into that kind of nonsense.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Spwn said:
That's the essence of hyperbole right there as there are tons of servers that don't even have team-killing enabled.

Kulock said:
They never brought back Prey either, after the sale around Christmas last year.
Since it was a 3DRealms/TTWO game, I think they haven't been able to get any more licenses. (I still want to know what the fate of Duke Nukem is . . . they settled, but no terms have been announced. Surely they are not going to abandon the Duke IP.)

However, you can buy a retail copy of Prey for cheap and enter the serial number. I picked up a new copy for $5 off eBay.

nexen

Anyone else having trouble running Deus Ex: GOTY in 32 bit color mode? It freezes on startup when I do. 16 bit runs fine, looks like ass.

Well, ass-ier anyways.

MNC said:
I'm having slight trouble recognizing team members from friends :lol
Huh?

Friends don't exist in CS. There are just people on your team and enemies.

CS has a reputation for having too much of a serious cult around it. This really isn't about CS . . . it is about evolutionary psychology of males. We have a built-in blood-lust.

Russian teen killed friend over CS:
http://kotaku.com/5241972/russian-teenager-killed-over-counter+strike-game

French kid plotted death of rival in CS:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...illed_his_online_counterstrike_character.html

Chinese kid gets knife in skull over CS:
http://kotaku.com/5499061/accused-game-cheater-gets-knife-through-head-and-survive

500x_knife.jpg

randomwab

EVERYONE, QUICK!

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE!

Trine 80% off
BioShock 2 50% off
Overlord Pack 85% off
Unreal Pack 66% off
Aion 50% off
DiRT 2 75% off
Killing Floor 75% off

and a ton of publisher packs!

Diebuster

MNC said:
I totally mistyped. Teammates from enemies, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Same here. I'm just glad FF wasn't enabled on the server I played :lol

Even though I'm getting completely slaughtered, it's pretty fun.

Press Release said:
STEAM PERILS OF SUMMER SALE ON NOW THRU JULY 4

Valve announces a massive "Perils of Summer" sale beginning today on Steam, a leading platform for PC and Mac games with over 25 million accounts worldwide. Through July 4, gamers will find massive savings on today's top releases, classic titles, and publisher catalogs. In addition, special 1-day sales will offer discounts up to 90% off regular prices. Don't get caught without your sunscreen, the savings are hot. For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com

Mother of god... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom