• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocab

Last time I played some Witcher, it ran so damn poorly on the opening area. I heard it gets better, but I'm unsure at this point.

Dice said:
I have L4D 1&2, so if I get the Valve Pack could I gift those to my brother?

Let's see... other interests...

id Super Pack
TellTale Everything Pack
Call of Duty Collection
Bioshock 2
The Witcher
Ghostbusters
Fuel
Settlers 7
Trine
Torchlight

Which to actually get... HMMMMM....

No, you can't gift l4d 1 & 2 then.

Tom Penny

These sales are retarded. It makes want to buy games I never thought to buy because they are so freaking cheap. $5 bucks and shit. Absolutely crazy.

Yoritomo

Tom Penny said:
These sales are retarded. It makes want to buy games I never thought to buy because they are so freaking cheap. $5 bucks and shit. Absolutely crazy.

I'll buy anything for 5 dollars. :lol

Damnit I really need to stop clicking on this thread, all it does is cost me money! THQ Pack, Witcher, Bioshock 2, holy hell this was the sumer I was finally going to finish my raft of unopened PS2 games and here I am, buying more games :D

Speaking of which, does anyone know if you can gift stuff from D2D? I already have Titans Quest + xpac from one of their sales, but want the THQ bundle. I figure, I can give the D2D version to one of my buddies and I keep the steam version to get the nice updates and overlay, etc :D

Salsa

Could some kind soul gift me Killing Floor since its a today-only deal ? i can paypal first thing tomorrow. Would be greatly appreciated.

edit: i have 2 dollars on my credit card right now, so i can paypal you that and then the rest tomorrow when i go to the bank :lol

SalsaShark said:
Could some kind soul gift me Killing Floor since its a today-only deal ? i can paypal first thing tomorrow. Would be greatly appreciated.

edit: i have 2 dollars on my credit card right now, so i can paypal you that and then the rest tomorrow when i go to the bank :lol
Sent you a PM.

Suairyu

Banned
brain_stew said:
Absolutely.
See... this is where I ask 'really'? That's three multiplayer-only shooters and Unreal 2 only received luke-warm reviews upon release, I doubt time has done it any favours. Were UT3 on sale on its own I could really go for it, but I just can't see anyone coming cold into UT and getting worthwhile play time out of all instalments.

So in addition to the annual storewide Holiday sale, they've now added a pretty damn large summer sale...

I think they're trying to get us to eventually buy every single game on the store.

Suairyu said:
See... this is where I ask 'really'? That's three multiplayer-only shooters and Unreal 2 only received luke-warm reviews upon release, I doubt time has done it any favours. Were UT3 on sale on its own I could really go for it, but I just can't see anyone coming cold into UT and getting worthwhile play time out of all instalments.

Hmm, yeah that's a good point. While the pack deal is still cheaper than UT3 alone so it's a good deal anyway, I guess I never stopped to consider that like 90% of that pack are multiplayer only shooters. Maybe I should get Dirt 2 instead?

suplex

I'm in for Lead & Gold for $7.50

Also thinking about getting Super Laser Racer and Booster Trooper. Anyone played those? Are they worth the current price?

Also any other around $5 indie game recommendations would be awesome.

edit: Actually I should probably wait to see if those will be any cheaper as part of a deal of the day right? The current sale prices on those should last through the 4th?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
suplex said:

Also thinking about getting Super Laser Racer and Booster Trooper. Anyone played those? Are they worth the current price?

Also any other around $5 indie game recommendations would be awesome.
Defense Gridddddddddddddddddddddddddd

suplex said:

I'm also thinking about Lead & Gold...but is the community "healthy"? Are there lots of people playing the game? It's online only from what I understand and I don't want to buy a multiplayer game that has no one playing it...

poweld

I'm normally not a huge fan of racing games, but I got the Codemasters pack and goddamn, GRID is a fan-fucking-tastic piece of game.

And it costs $5.09 right now. Just throwing that out there.

Salacious Crumb

Any US gaffers willing to get a 4 pack together with me. I can't be the main buyer cause I'm an Australian and once again we get shafted by regional pricing, but I'd be more than happy to contribute towards a 4-pack.

poweld said:
I'm normally not a huge fan of racing games, but I got the Codemasters pack and goddamn, GRID is a fan-fucking-tastic piece of game.

And it costs $5.09 right now. Just throwing that out there.

Yeah Grid is awesome. I should play it more. It runs beautifully and looks great too. I just jumped on Dirt 2 though, hoping to like it just as much or more...

New client beta is currently available if you go to Steam -> Settings:

There's a new Steam Beta client available. To access the Beta, go to File -> Settings. On the Account tab press the Change... button to open the Beta Participation dialog. Then Select Beta Update, and allow Steam to restart itself. Here are the specific changes:

6/24/2010

- Added UI to disable Steam Cloud per-game and per-account.
- Added an icon in list view for uninstalled games that support cloud.
- Steam Cloud will now download files for installed games on logon.
- Fixed Steam Cloud sync failures that occurred because of deleted files.
- Improve text hit testing in chat windows.
- Make player names in chat windows clickable, taking you to that user’s profile.
- Fixed tabs in the settings dialog sometimes not drawing correctly.
- Fixed a regression that prevented steam from automatically validating and repairing damaged game caches on launch.
- Shortened the delay between launching steam and being offered offline mode in the case of no network connectivity.
- OSX: fixed a class of bugs that could cause steam to hang while shutting down, especially if network settings had changed.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Not much i want to buy aside from space rangers 1 & 2, men of war gold edition and cryotasis.

I got pretty much 80% of what i wanted from the last holiday sale.:lol

Anyone who doesn't buy the Introversion pack has no soul.

(on that subject, anyone want a DEFCON game, hit me up! Steam ID: Peronthious )

Edit: some people seem to be misunderstanding, I mean anyone want to play a DEFCON game :lol Sorry for the confusion

Peronthious said:

Can I have it? I sent you a friend request.

*EDIT* AH. Syntactic ambiguity. Love that. Thanks Anderson. Sorry to bother you Peronthious. :lol

Peronthious said:

I was looking at that pack and noticed it came with Darwinia which I already own...but at $5 I guess I might as well jump on it for the others.

Edit:

MisterNugNug said:
Can I have it? I sent you a friend request.

I thought he was offering the game too (maybe he is...) but then I think I realized what he meant was if anyone wanted to play multiplayer with him. Could be wrong though, in which case I just missed out on a free game because I was gonna ask him for it as soon as I read that :lol

Toby

If ArmA isn't one of these daily deals, im just going to throw an obnoxious tantrum. Saturday marks a year to the day they released it on Steam, so I can hope.

dani_dc said:
You're not the only one suffering with this.

Really wanted this one, way to screw it Capcom.

Fuck :/ I bought that when it was on sale months ago (haven't installed it yet though lol). Going to keep it that way. Going to be a 3 dollar fake paperweight until they take that shit off. Fuckers.

Ok, bought blood bowl and need some help if anyone has it? I try to run the game and get hit with some online verification shit and wants an unlock code or something but i don't know what the fuck it is, anyone know?

Edit: I put in the serial number and it said it wasn't found or something

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
So what's the best Defense Grid DLC? I got the first pack when it came out, but how are the other three? Its only $1 each, but... I'm stingy... or something.

I dunno, this whole sale they have going on is making me reevaluate the value of a dollar. :lol

Shit, I could almost buy Trine with all that money!

BobsRevenge said:
So what's the best Defense Grid DLC? I got the first pack when it came out, but how are the other three? Its only $1 each, but... I'm stingy... or something.

I dunno, this whole sale they have going on is making me reevaluate the value of a dollar. :lol

I would wait on that because they were half off earlier and for some reason they aren't anymore.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to buy Assassin's Creed 2 until I saw

A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES AND TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT

sort it out, Valve. third-party DRM should be banned.

D4Danger said:
I was going to buy Assassin's Creed 2 until I saw

sort it out, Valve. third-party DRM should be banned.
Umm no? Steam is a store and many purchase AC2 with the DRM. You don't want it? Fine. However by no means should Valve refuse to sell a game because many are against the DRM. You /= everybody.

Twig said:
No, actually, I kind of agree. I hate that Valve allows third-party DRM alongside their own DRM. It's fucking stupid.
No it's not. Valve is a business and many of their customers couldn't care less about the DRM. Should Valve refuse to sell the product simply because some are against it? No.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
LovingSteam said:
No it's not. Valve is a business and many of their customers couldn't care less about the DRM. Should Valve refuse to sell the product simply because some are against it? No.

I didn't say they should ban or stop selling the game. I don't know why you keep repeating that.

I just find it irritating that I need to install/use some other companies DRM when Valve's works perfectly well. They should start encouraging other publishers who sell games on Steam to use it is all I'm saying.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
LovingSteam said:
No it's not. Valve is a business and many of their customers couldn't care less about the DRM. Should Valve refuse to sell the product simply because some are against it?
In an ideal world, they would.
In reality, they never would.

There's very obvious reasons against the usage of any type of DRM. But since Steam is really just a storefront with some fancy messaging junk, they don't take sides because taking sides costs money, and stores aren't in the business of giving opportunities away.

Nevertheless, DRM still is pointless. Now, when many of their customers couldn't care less about DRM and some are against it, the only people who are going to feel dissed are the publishers with DRM.

The question is whether it's worth it to take a stand here. S.a. — storefronts don't take sides.

But they should.

D4Danger said:
I didn't say they should ban or stop selling the game. I don't know why you keep repeating that.

I just find it irritating that I need to install/use some other companies DRM when Valve's works perfectly well. They should start encouraging other publishers who sell games on Steam to use it is all I'm saying.
I'm sure they do. Look at EAs games on Steam. Ubi has refused to budge though so all Valve can do is recommend.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BobsRevenge said:

I'd go with number 1. The map is just entirely tower points and its the most freedom the game has given you in a long time.

*I have only played DLC 1

*Also the THQ pack is madness
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4587/

$50 for all of that.

Global Agenda is going completely subscription free, so whoever wants to get it during the sale you won't have to worry about getting locked out of any of the content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom