• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

flsh

Banned
What the hell is going on on Steam. Is this heaven? I don't care if I own a few games on every package this is a fucking steal. I can't believe these prices...

LCGeek

formerly sane
Spwn said:
CS:S is so much fun. I always get spawn killed by my team-mates who shout on their microphones with a high-pitched pre-teen voice.

As another user pointed out pure hyerbole.

You can disable voice in this game quite easily and permanently if need be via google searches on various methods. Two most places aren't FF as someone mentioned. Your teammates are more likely to flash you or block your exit path in a firefight than to kill you.

ipukespiders CS in general is all about the mods. The title is built from action quake mechanics which are brutal yet arcadish also highly tactical. Most of the original modes in the game are gone as there is only cs and de which are quite limiting. What valve did to make CS popular was give the modification mode platform in their more room but so far this update has shown valve to be lacking in community connection as most mods as of now are broke. You will not find a single fps with more known and well played public mods. There is so much in the game to learn or get in to if you're an fps nut, if you're casual it has little appeal considering there are prettier titles that play similar. CS is also all about the recoil no other fps shares it's level of complexity when it comes to that considering it tactical and arcade nature.

Inkwell

Banned
My god... Why do you do this to me steam? I don't know if my wallet can take this :(. Well, at least I haven't bought anything recently that will now be on sale for half the price.

Edit: Spoke too soon. The Witcher for $6.79.

Just noticed this huge sale, bought up steam since it's always in the system tray and it looked like some cheesy summer movie advert poster with all that blue going on :lol

I am quite amazed at how cheap the CoD collection is, it's like someone locked Kotick away somewhere for the duration of the sales. *edit* ah I see no MW2 in the pack, sneaky!

holy shit Dirt 2 for £7.50 BUY THIS GAME NOW

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish I never bought any of those THQ games individually. That pack is such a good deal.

flsh

Banned
Haha steam itself can't handle the sale. It empties my cart twice before, again just now and it keeps telling me 0 games are on the store :lol
I bought one batch, now to put the witcher and anno +xpac back in the cart :)
I keep thinking I might have missed something, but it's already so much stuff :D

A great command that will make it very easy to always tell friend from foe in CS:S is cl_minmodels 1. Make sure you have the console enabled and just enter that in. If you arent going to create an autoexec.cfg then you will have to input the command again everytime you start CSS.

Buy big packs.

The Valve, THQ, Telltale, 2K games, Call of Duty packs are all great deals.

But man . . . it hurts to see those packs with the new games in them when you already bought them a while back.

Felix Lighter said:
Does Dirt 2 work with the Xbox 360 racing wheel?

I do not think the Windows driver for the Xbox 360 wireless controller adapter supports the racing wheel at all. So no games can support.

It does work great with the normal Xbox 360 controller however.

3rdman

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut for $6.79 !!!!

That right there is a fucking steal...If you've never played it, do it...fuck the rest of the games...DO IT!

Chiaroscuro said:
I do not think the Windows driver for the Xbox 360 wireless controller adapter supports the racing wheel at all. So no games can support.

It does work great with the normal Xbox 360 controller however.

Damn, now I'm on the fence. Thanks for the info, though.

Darklord

Banned
3rdman said:
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut for $6.79 !!!!

That right there is a fucking steal...If you've never played it, do it...fuck the rest of the games...DO IT!

That's at MOST 13 cents for each hour. That's crazy.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Trouble said:
This is madness!

EDIT: I hate you EIDOS. Put fucking Just Cause 2 on sale already!
It's $30 at Gamestop right now. Get it and use the key to get the Steam version. You also could have done this at Target a couple weeks ago.

Trouble

Banned
Picked up:

Overlord Complete ($4.50)
Full Pipe ($1.24)
Sacraboar ($2.00)

Fought the urge to buy Bioshock 2 for $15. I can wait for sub $10 on that one and hopefully they remove the shitty DRM.

Dice said:
It's $30 at Gamestop right now. Get it and use the key to get the Steam version. You also could have done this at Target a couple weeks ago.
But it's dangerous outside! Steam said so! :lol

Dice

I have L4D 1&2, so if I get the Valve Pack could I gift those to my brother?

Let's see... other interests...

id Super Pack
TellTale Everything Pack
Call of Duty Collection
Bioshock 2
The Witcher
Ghostbusters
Fuel
Settlers 7
Trine
Torchlight

Which to actually get... HMMMMM....

Fuck Steam for taking so much of my money over the next week and a bit.

I bought Cryostasis and Killing Floor. I'm being sensible to see what the daily deals are tomorrow. :D

Dice

Okay...

I think I'll just The Witcher, Fuel, and Call of Duty Collection.

Then I think I'm better off getting the Half Life complete pack unless my bro wants to toss me $20 for L4D games (if it is possible to transfer them)

Must be strong... must know what I won't actually finish if I get it...

The THQ pack is an INSANE deal if you like their games.

MisterAnderson said:
What kind of DRM? I'm really really contemplating buying Bio2 but now not so sure.
Ditto that.

Another question, my friend who has a Mac, if he were to buy the Valve complete collection, all the games like L4D and such which aren't out on Mac yet, they would be available to him once they are correct?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
MisterAnderson said:
Another question, my friend who has a Mac, if he were to buy the Valve complete collection, all the games like L4D and such which aren't out on Mac yet, they would be available to him once they are correct?
Sure

graywolf323

MisterAnderson said:

yes though I think the older games aren't going to (anything pre-source?) don't quote me on that though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom