• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
rasberryjam said:
Oh my goodness, it looks like it. Forgotten Sands was definitely $40 before, not $50. They're doing a remarkable job at being jerks. :lol

Was it? I am pretty sure I saw it at $49.99 at release which wasn't too long ago.

They lowered Assassin's Creed 2 to $39.99 recently (for this sale?) and it's discounted as well. It's too bad. I am kind of interested in the new PoP and I also really loved AC2 on the 360 and want to get it for the PC, but they can fuck off with this new DRM scheme.

Bleh, I bought Lead and Gold last night (why didn't I wait to see if it would go on featured sale list?) Oh well, only $2.50 lost, lol.

Thinking about picking up Galcon Fusion, Ghostbusters, and Resident Evil 5 (although kind of want to wait for the Playstation Move version of RE5...but for $12.50 you can't really go wrong)

suplex

I knew it was a good idea to wait on the daily sales.

Might as well just wait to buy everything until the last day unless it winds up on a daily sale first.

Lead and Gold bought.

Griffin said:
Are there still many people active online? I'm thinking of buying it. The videos on Youtube look good.

There are not many, hopefully the sale will help, but anyway I'll give you my experience.

Essentially I can almost always find a server <100, occasionally <50 with people and have a good time. However I am usually subject to the whims of whatever map and gametype is currently being played. There simply aren't enough full servers open to warrant being picky about what's available.

I play it most nights and have fun, not really sure what else I can say. In the end I'm just one guy who likes it.

Dipswitch

Man, fuck these Goddamn sales. For every game I clear off my backlog, I add 3 :D

So, I ask with a certain amount of trepidation......does Ghostbusters support the 360 controller for pc?

Dammit, I bought AvP Classic a few months ago for $1.99, now it's $1.25. Bastards ripped me off. :angry:

:D

suplex said:
Might as well just wait to buy everything until the last day unless it winds up on a daily sale first.

Problem is, everyone's going to do that so the store is going to be so hammered on the last day.

Dipswitch said:
So, I ask with a certain amount of trepidation......does Ghostbusters support the 360 controller for pc?
Yes it does.

Got Broken Sword 2+3, and Darkfall - Lost Souls. I doubt they are going to be going on sale this week (both Broken Swords are sub $5) so I bit the bullet and got them.

Dipswitch

Eaten By A Grue said:
Yes it does.

Got Broken Sword 2+3, and Darkfall - Lost Souls. I doubt they are going to be going on sale this week (both Broken Swords are sub $5) so I bit the bullet and got them.

Balls. Bought. *Sigh*

Really tempted by the Broken Sword pack (especially as I'm playing the first game on my DS now) but I can't help but wonder if the versions on GOG are better in compatibility and support. A lot of old games are thrown onto Steam without any modifying for modern systems and don't work well. Can anyone who's bought them on either service say how exactly they're packaged, i.e. are they just the base game as originally released, do they use ScummVM or DOSBox, do they come with extras, etc.? The ScummVM page on Broken Sword says something about broken cutscenes; does that also apply to the Steam vesion?

faceless007 said:
Really tempted by the Broken Sword pack (especially as I'm playing the first game on my DS now) but I can't help but wonder if the versions on GOG are better in compatibility and support. A lot of old games are thrown onto Steam without any modifying for modern systems and don't work well. Can anyone who's bought them on either service say how exactly they're packaged, i.e. are they just the base game as originally released, do they use ScummVM or DOSBox, do they come with extras, etc.? The ScummVM page on Broken Sword says something about broken cutscenes; does that also apply to the Steam vesion?
It appears that the BS2 is using ScummVM and indeed the first scene was broken and you can read text/hear audio only without a visual. Not sure what the third game is using, but the first cutscene appeared to work and not have any problems. It is only $3 so it is no big deal if it is not working properly, I can always rebuy it from GOG.com if need be.

Edit: It looks like you can download the cutscenes from ScummVM.org. Let me take a look and see if this works with the Steam version.

Edit: Edit: Wewt! The cutscenes from ScummVM.org work with the Steam version if you put them in a folder named "video" in the BS2 directory.

Raxus

Sinatar said:
So I 1000/1000 RE5 and now I'm gonna have to do it again? Oh god.
:lol I look forward to it. I was sad I sold RE5 on 360 before the DLC, I didn't think they would add so many chapters to it.

Eaten By A Grue said:
Yes it does.

Have you tried Darkfall yet? It looks interesting.

Blutonium

I bought the CoD collection so that I can play WaW and MW on my PC, but god DAYUM those games are nothing but grenade-fests and martyrdom frenzies. Pathetic.

cr_blah_blah said:
Have you tried Darkfall yet? It looks interesting.
No I have not tried it yet, it is still downloading. I bought it because of the trailer and I am a sucker for point and click or exploring adventure games, no how bad they are. :lol

Griffin

PedroLumpy said:
There are not many, hopefully the sale will help, but anyway I'll give you my experience.

Essentially I can almost always find a server <100, occasionally <50 with people and have a good time. However I am usually subject to the whims of whatever map and gametype is currently being played. There simply aren't enough full servers open to warrant being picky about what's available.

I play it most nights and have fun, not really sure what else I can say. In the end I'm just one guy who likes it.

I just bought it. It's pretty fun. Too bad of the peer connection, it could have been much nicer with dedicated servers.

edit: Nevermind, I just found out it has dedicated servers since the last patch. But they're all full at the moment :(

PedroLumpy said:
However I am usually subject to the whims of whatever map and gametype is currently being played. There simply aren't enough full servers open to warrant being picky about what's available.
All the maps and gametypes are good though. I can't think of one I wouldn't want to play.

Blutonium said:
I bought the CoD collection so that I can play WaW and MW on my PC, but god DAYUM those games are nothing but grenade-fests and martyrdom frenzies. Pathetic.
This is why they took grenades out of Team Fortress 2.

llol. i didn't know where to ask but anyone know why Team Fortress 2 stutters? It hasn't happened to me until today. it would make me "Pause" and the screen would flicker/stutter for about 10 seconds. I haven't done anything and it was fine yesterday.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
zombieshavebrains said:
Well i was down with Painkiller. But that also had demons and shit.
Well, the enemies in Serious Sam certainly look pretty demonic. I mean, if you died and went to place that had the enemies of Serious Sam then you probably weren't a very good person in your previous life. And there's usually hundreds of them.

Also, Serious Sam + co-op + voice chat = hilarity.

zombieshavebrains said:
Both Serious Sam Encounters worth the 3 boxes of cereal?
I bought both for 4 boxes of cereal each and they were worth every box. They are basically mindless shooter fun with shitloads of enemies and a ton of people to play co-op with.

Eaten By A Grue said:
No I have not tried it yet, it is still downloading. I bought it because of the trailer and I am a sucker for point and click or exploring adventure games, no how bad they are. :lol

the Dark Fall series is a surprisingly good series for a what, 2 man team? The guy does almost all his own stuff minus some voice actors and stuff. Really creepy atmosphere. The newest game is really cool. If you like Adventure PnC, you'll dig it.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Should I get the Serious Sam pack for three boxes of cereal or Ghostbusters for one and a half boxes of cereal? I'm trying to save my cereal coupons for future deals.

Eaten By A Grue said:
It appears that the BS2 is using ScummVM and indeed the first scene was broken and you can read text/hear audio only without a visual. Not sure what the third game is using, but the first cutscene appeared to work and not have any problems. It is only $3 so it is no big deal if it is not working properly, I can always rebuy it from GOG.com if need be.

Edit: It looks like you can download the cutscenes from ScummVM.org. Let me take a look and see if this works with the Steam version.

Edit: Edit: Wewt! The cutscenes from ScummVM.org work with the Steam version if you put them in a folder named "video" in the BS2 directory.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Kerrinck

Trent Strong said:
I hope they put Silent Hill: Homecoming on sale. (Yeah, I know it sucks, but I still want it.)
75% off already, kinda doubt it will go even lower although ghostbusters proved me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom