• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
K.Jack said:
claydavis.gif

bam.jpg

My sentiments exactly. This probably bodes well for RE5 and Bionic Commando. I just hope that what happened with bionic commando rearmed between Valve/Capcom doesn't happen here. I am confident that Valve will sign a blank check for SF4 though.

MaritalWheat said:
Since King's Bounty is out and apparently Cryostasis will be heading to Steam, anybody have word on if/when Men of War might be expected?
Yes, Men of War is coming as well. Don't know when, but it is coming ;) Along with some other goodies...

I asked this back before the delay, but I figure I'll throw it out there again since we seem to have an insider in this thread now....

Sims 3 on Steam? Happening? I really don't want to buy a boxed copy or use EA's crappy store.

platypotamus said:
I asked this back before the delay, but I figure I'll throw it out there again since we seem to have an insider in this thread now....

Sims 3 on Steam? Happening? I really don't want to buy a boxed copy or use EA's crappy store.

Not sure about Sims 3 although I hope it is. It hasn't been added to the games coming just yet. But neither was SF4 until it was formally announced so who knows :D

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
platypotamus said:

I've heard it's going to be at Direct2Download or EA only for a bit. Don't know how true that is. They're going so transaction heavy on this one that it's killing my enthusiasm already.

platypotamus said:

I thought the DRM was gone? A box copy is totally a viable purchase.

Althane

TouchMyBox said:
Is this worth it? I'm definitely interested.

If you have a PS 3, you can find it for $10 pretty easily. It's pretty much worth it at that price. I mean, you can always go to GT and watch some gameplay trailers to get an idea of what you'd be getting into.

Musashi Wins! said:
I've heard it's going to be at Direct2Download or EA only for a bit. Don't know how true that is.

God I hope that's not true. This is one of my most anticipated games of the year but for fuck's sake, EA, it's 2009. If your PC game isn't on Steam or Impulse, I'm not buying it.

Visualante said:
I thought the DRM was gone? A box copy is totally a viable purchase.

Yes, you're right about the DRM, just trying to go green a bit and reduce the amount of unnecessary crap in my closet. I try to avoid buying discs for the PC when I can. I'll get the disc if I have to though.

Cmagus

Is anyone having problems buying games in Canada on Steam.Im trying to purchase a game tonight and when filling out the credit card stuff it keeps giving me an error saying my billing address doesn't match my address which makes no sense cause I've bought plenty of games on there.

Anyone encounter this problem that may be able to give me a hand and figure this out

alistairw said:
Explain further.

The same friend that told me about all of the other releases before they were announced let me know that a new game showed up on the blob that was a Lucas Arts title/app. I forget the name. However the very fact its there is good news...

cbox

Cmagus said:
Is anyone having problems buying games in Canada on Steam.Im trying to purchase a game tonight and when filling out the credit card stuff it keeps giving me an error saying my billing address doesn't match my address which makes no sense cause I've bought plenty of games on there.

Anyone encounter this problem that may be able to give me a hand and figure this out

are you running a proxy? Reason being i tried to buy the orangebox at work last week.. but because my work's internet routes from the US, it wouldn't let me buy it.

Might want to make sure

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
I'd rather have them on GOG and Steam.

LovingSteam said:
The same friend that told me about all of the other releases before they were announced let me know that a new game showed up on the blob that was a Lucas Arts title/app. I forget the name. However the very fact its there is good news...

I'm guessing if you've forgotten the name, it's probably not Monkey Island. Bummer.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
TouchMyBox said:
COD4 is now $39.99 for the two of you who haven't played it yet.

How is this in the PC world? I can't believe this price drop took this long.

I played it a lot on console, but I honestly wouldn't mind having the online option on my gaming pc.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Musashi Wins! said:

I played it a lot on console, but I honestly wouldn't mind having the online option on my gaming pc.
You can pick up OEM bundles that came with every video card on earth in 2008 for cheaper if you want.

Javaman

Musashi Wins! said:

All of the COD titles are far beyond a normal pricedrop timeframe. The COD warchest with COD 1+exp and COD2 is still 40$. Insane. :eek:P They've been out for 6 and 4 years respectively.

Mirror's Edge $19.99!!!

YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO EXCUSES.

Also, looking at the EA Catalog...

Dead Space - From $39.99 to $29.99
Battle Forge - From $49.99 to $29.99
Warhammer Online - From $49.99 to $39.99
(I think Spore dropped ten bucks too, not sure if that's new or not)

Doytch

Some really good stuff here, but my backlog is huge already and will last for the summer. Hopefully I'll be able to stop myself from getting anything that's not an insane weekend deal.

TouchMyBox said:
Mirror's Edge $19.99!!!

YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO EXCUSES.

Also, looking at the EA Catalog...

Dead Space - From $39.99 to $29.99
Battle Forge - From $49.99 to $29.99
Warhammer Online - From $49.99 to $39.99
(I think Spore dropped ten bucks too, not sure if that's new or not)

I wish there was a Mirror's Edge PC demo. My setup is borderline equal to the system reqs (outside of 2GBs of RAM).

typo said:
I wish there was a Mirror's Edge PC demo. My setup is borderline equal to the system reqs (outside of 2GBs of RAM).

i have a laptop that i THINK can run it, but I can't be sure.

I hate not having demos for games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom