• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schmattakopf said:
All the maps and gametypes are good though. I can't think of one I wouldn't want to play.

They are in theory, but several lead to a brutal spawncamp if the teams are uneven. Team deathmatch should definitely have a killcap.

Greed, Conquest, and Demolition I would say are their best.

zombieshavebrains said:
Well i was down with Painkiller. But that also had demons and shit.

They're not nearly as good as Painkiller, but they're the same style of game. Big open levels, everyone charges at you, lots of shooty shooty.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay the Half Life Complete pack better not drop further than -33% because I just got it.

Also Ghostbusters for $4? Why not?

MUST BE STRONG... MUST RESIST RE5..... CAAAAPCOOOOOMM!!!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
...and I saw you get Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition for free if you preorder LeChuck's Revenge, so I got that.

I gotta get off this thing. It's too dangerous.

legend166

Someone explain to me why Ghostbusters is a 10GB download?

Isn't the PC version pretty barebones? And the game is only like 6 hours long anyway?

Guess I'll have to download it overnight.

I played CSS a bit when I got it after the last holiday sale... but whats the deal with this new update i hear about? is there a changelist somewhere? I'm lost.

Also found this tweet today that made me lol:

"Steam has truly solved the issue of piracy: instead of me not paying for games that I want, Steam has me paying for games I don't want."

Cuban Legend said:
I played CSS a bit when I got it after the last holiday sale... but whats the deal with this new update i hear about? is there a changelist somewhere? I'm lost.
  • 144 achievements added
  • New lifetime player stats and summary screens
  • New match player stats and summary screens
  • New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
  • Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
  • New cinematic death camera
  • New domination and revenge system
  • Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
  • Incorporated many source engine updates

Zzoram

Cuban Legend said:
Also found this tweet today that made me lol:

It's so true. The sales and cheap prices make me buy way more than I otherwise would, and maybe a good quarter of the games I buy on Steam I will never really play.

Shafto

I don't suppose if you buy the Serious Sam Double you can gift your original copy?

It's far to tempting at £5.50...would love to dish the first one out to someone though so I can actually get in some co-op AMAZE.

EDIT: No - you can't. Steam tells you this at the final page of purchasing.

Teknoman

SapientWolf said:
Well, the enemies in Serious Sam certainly look pretty demonic. I mean, if you died and went to place that had the enemies of Serious Sam then you probably weren't a very good person in your previous life. And there's usually hundreds of them.

Also, Serious Sam + co-op + voice chat = hilarity.

Is there a certain server where most gaf play for serious sam co-op, or do people usually just join random games?

Salsa

archnemesis said:
  • 144 achievements added
  • New lifetime player stats and summary screens
  • New match player stats and summary screens
  • New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
  • Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
  • New cinematic death camera
  • New domination and revenge system
  • Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
  • Incorporated many source engine updates

Man i actually dont like CS one bit. But i should have given it another chance :/ will get it next time

mrgone

Slavik81 said:
RE5 is tempting, but I won't play it for months, and I want a Gold edition...

I'm right there with you. I keep going back to the page and window shopping it, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get to it before the next sale, and hopefully the gold edition will have found its way to Steam by then. I havn't even finished RE4 yet, and I love what I've played of that. So tempting, though. My buying bone is all a-tickle.

Arozay

I guess I'll ask here, been using Steam more and more these days and I'm curious about two things.

-Is there any way to go about changing the account name of your Steam account?
-Is it possible to get Steam to remove a game permanently from your ownership/game list by request?

mrgone

Zaro said:
I guess I'll ask here, been using Steam more and more these days and I'm curious about two things.

-Is it possible to get Steam to remove a game permanently from your ownership/game list by request?

For the first question, I think it's still a fat no :( It was the last time I looked into it, anyways.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Zaro said:

I don't know about the second question, but a workaround would be a custom gamelist that excludes the titles you don't want listed.
You can change your displayed username, I did that. My login username is not wmat, for example.

Arozay

wmat said:
I don't know about the second question, but a workaround would be a custom gamelist that excludes the titles you don't want listed.
I'll mess around with the custom gamelist stuff, thanks for that, would still be nice to get rid of the stuff I know I'll never touch though.

mrgone said:
I'm right there with you. I keep going back to the page and window shopping it, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get to it before the next sale, and hopefully the gold edition will have found its way to Steam by then. I havn't even finished RE4 yet, and I love what I've played of that. So tempting, though. My buying bone is all a-tickle.

Have they stated there willl be a gold edition of the pc version?

Kerrinck

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Have they stated there willl be a gold edition of the pc version?

Nope, not even a word. I skipped out on the christmas sale in the hopes of an announcement but I think it is too late for that now.

Salaadin

Are there any awesome stealth games on steam that are on sale or ones that I can watch out to go on sale? I see the new SC on there but the heavy action based gameplay Ive been seen from it make me kinda think its not my thing.

Im in a bit of a gaming rut right now but the slower paced stealthiness of MGS:pW was just what I was looking for. Im looking for something else that I can slow trudge through levels and take out guys silently. Any suggestions?

Salaadin said:
Are there any awesome stealth games on steam that are on sale or ones that I can watch out to go on sale? I see the new SC on there but the heavy action based gameplay Ive been seen from it make me kinda think its not my thing.

Im in a bit of a gaming rut right now but the slower paced stealthiness of MGS:pW was just what I was looking for. Im looking for something else that I can slow trudge through levels and take out guys silently. Any suggestions?

Thief?

coopolon

Glad to see Alpha Protocol already getting such a big discount, but I think I'm going to wait until the Holiday Sale where it will probably be 19.99 or less.

Seriously considering ghostbusters for $4 though.

52club

So far no purchases for me, but that isn't why I'm posting. I'm thinking about picking up Grid (at $5) on the last day of the sale. How does it hold up?

any suggestion for good single player game with nice story and engaging character? genre are rpg, adventure, or action. preferably nothing too open ended because just want to have mindless fun with it.

example I've got like Witcher, Riddick, Mass Effect 1 (haven't beat it yet so haven't look around for 2). also is Bioshock 2 good for someone who think the gameplay is okay but hate the story and character in Bioshock 1? I stopped playing Bioshock for months before I will myself to beat it after about 75% into it. it just got boring imo.

Callibretto said:
any suggestion for good single player game with nice story and engaging character? genre are rpg, adventure, or action. preferably nothing too open ended because just want to have mindless fun with it.

example I've got like Witcher, Riddick, Mass Effect 1 (haven't beat it yet so haven't look around for 2). also is Bioshock 2 good for someone who think the gameplay is okay but hate the story and character in Bioshock 1? I stopped playing Bioshock for months before I will myself to beat it after about 75% into it. it just got boring imo.
Check out the adventure game section. Everything Telltale, Longest Journey games, Beyond Good And Evil, all Lucas Arts games, etc. etc. Point & Click and exploration games have great stories.

epmode

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is pretty good for that too. Story's OK, dialogue is first-rate.

I'd also recommend Planescape: Torment and Grim Fandango since they're the best of the best, but they're not on any DD service.

Salaadin said:

All the Splinter Cell games are 33% off. Thus, the old ones are just $6.69 each.
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=splinter+cell

speculawyer said:
This is why they took grenades out of Team Fortress 2.
Yeah we just get demospam instead of grenade spam :D

demoman.jpg

todahawk

mrgone said:

Yeah, i have RE5 and the DLC for PS3 but I keep looking at the PC steam verson. If they had RE4 in steam i'd be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom