• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
SalsaShark said:
Btw killing floor`s presentation could use a lot of work, but the damn game is addicting as hell!, kind of like a mixture between L4D and Counter Strike. I see lots of hours thrown into this one.
I agree. It feels like a mod (which is what it started out as) but I almost like it for that.

SPEA

I know this is allittle off topic, but I had to turn to someone. :(

I bought a few games with Trine being one of them. I am having a weird issue.

When I run the game I'm getting an "Input Signal Out of Range" error on my monitor. It's a big green box in the middle of my screen. The weird thing is, I can still play the game, navigate menus, etc. except I have a big green error box in the middle of my screen. I've tried running it on different resolution, no VS, etc. Still having the problem. I'm having no other issues with other games, just Trine.

Any input would be awesome.

I have a ATI HD 4850 and a Hanns.G HH251 monitor.

Edit: Pic
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f396/HydrantC12/IMG_0824.jpg

I've been trying to convince myself to pick up L4D2 in this and the sale thread. So what the hell, I'll just pull the trigger on that and Supreme Commander 2.

Hylian7

Felix Lighter said:
I've been trying to convince myself to pick up L4D2 in this and the sale thread. So what the hell, I'll just pull the trigger on that and Supreme Commander 2.
Definitely get L4D2, this is the lowest price it's ever been at. As for SC2, I'm not the right person to ask on that one, I've never played it.

Dreavus

Bought the king's bounty bundle yesterday, but I've been having minor problems. The game seems to freeze for 1-2 seconds every so often (inside and outside of combat) and I can't find the cause. It runs perfectly fine at all other times (running on Windows 7). Has anyone else had this happen?

macewank

SPEA said:

When I run the game I'm getting an "Input Signal Out of Range" error on my monitor. It's a big green box in the middle of my screen. The weird thing is, I can still play the game, navigate menus, etc. except I have a big green error box in the middle of my screen. I've tried running it on different resolution, no VS, etc. Still having the problem. I'm having no other issues with other games, just Trine.

that's probably either resolution or refresh rate

vermadas

SPEA said:

Google found this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981424-prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands/55306749

My monitor displays a big green box stating something along the lines of the parameters of the game, as in the refresh rate or the resolution, are too high. I know this is false because I'm running it at 1920x1080 just like every other game, and if I turn Vsync on or off it still does it. It also does it even at a resolution of 800x600. I'm not sure why this is...any suggestions as to a fix?
Yea, everything else runs no problem. Just PoP Forgotten Sands and the 2008 PoP game seem to have problems.

Specs are...
8 gigs DDRIII RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5850
EVGA X58 SLI LE Mobo
1TB Internal Hard drive

Hanns G HH251 Monitor
I actually fixed the registry issue a while ago, but the problem persisted. I did find out the fix however...

Turns out the my HDMI cable was no liked by the software. It was inputting the data strangely and my monitor didn't know how to receive it. I use my HDMI cable on everything because I've never had a problem with any games no using them until now. I plugged my DVI cable in instead and it works like a charm now. I just have to remember to switch to the DVI whenever I play this game. Strange problem huh?

It's just odd because every other game ever works with the HDMI...including other Ubisoft games.

Hope that helps.

Aww. I keep hearing about Vampires the Masquerade and was excited to see if it was finally cheap enough for an instant buy during this sale but its still 20 dollars. : (

krzy123

Dreavus said:
Bought the king's bounty bundle yesterday, but I've been having minor problems. The game seems to freeze for 1-2 seconds every so often (inside and outside of combat) and I can't find the cause. It runs perfectly fine at all other times (running on Windows 7). Has anyone else had this happen?
Unfortunately this is unavoidable, you can try and update your drivers for me this helped with some crashes. But the stutter doesn't make the game unplayable.

Blackheim

Red Scarlet said:
I can delete someone, I have to do that all the time to cycle out those that don't play anymore w/ new people.

I still haven't played a game with you yet. I've played with Edgeward, One of Many and a few others though. I haven't played in a while and you seem to play FF 95% of the time :p

Red Scarlet said:
I can delete someone, I have to do that all the time to cycle out those that don't play anymore w/ new people.

You can delete platypotamus without feeling guilty, as I don't play L4D anymore. Unless you play Bad Company 2 at all, in which case, we should play sometime.

Salsa

My god.

208fuqt.jpg

I love this game.

Why didnt anyone tell me this ? would have bought it earlier for a higher price. And this is just the first one ? holy crap, im in for a treat.

The scope is so damn amazing. Beautiful big open spaces, feels so fresh over some of the other cluttered regular fps games.

Played a couple of hours co-op with a friend. P2p lag and whatnot (he had 500 ping :/ but he said it was barely noticeable). Have one issue though and id like some help. I cant seem to get voice chat working (it was working for my friend). Went to voice options/test microphone and nothing happens, it just doesnt recognizes it. Works like a charm on steam settings, TF2, and everything else. Help ?

Red Scarlet

Schmattakopf said:
Well I have L4D2 now.

Ok, I guess I'll delete Platy, if I can figure out who he is. :(

Neat, the steam card thing works now:
Bulleta.png

Gonna play with costanza and some new folks, maybe we can play afterward!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'd be up for some TF2 and L4D2 with you as well sometime Red Scarlet. Though I don't have a mic so I might be a bit of a detriment on L4D2.

Edit: What game is that Salsashark?

Salsa

Zerokku said:
Edit: What game is that Salsashark?

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter

So, any thoughts on what could be causing this?:

SalsaShark said:
Have one issue though and id like some help. I cant seem to get voice chat working (it was working for my friend). Went to voice options/test microphone and nothing happens, it just doesnt recognizes it. Works like a charm on steam settings, TF2, and everything else. Help ?

:(

SalsaShark said:
Are you refering to my issue ? Win Xp 32bit.
Tried checking the TF2 config files?
Go to your steam directory then follow to;

Steam\Steamapps\\Team Fortress 2\tf\cfg

In the "cfg" folder, look for a file called Config.cfg and open it. Search for the cvars, voice_enable "1" and voice_forcemicrecord "1". Make sure they are set to "1". If you do not have a Config.cfg file, make a new notepad file, put voice_enable "1" and voice_forcemicrecord "1" in that file, and save it as Config.cfg.

Wallach

Schmattakopf said:
He invited me to play but I am still downloading and the speed is hilariously slow and inconsistent. 88%!

Mine just finished not too long ago either because the speed was all over the place.

If those guys are still busy when you get done hit me up. I have not played either of these games so I need another newbie to figure things out with anyway.

Blackheim

Schmattakopf said:
He invited me to play but I am still downloading and the speed is hilariously slow and inconsistent. 88%!

Huh, for some reason I thought you already had L4D2. I guess since I ended up playing with you and Blizzard in Fuel and TF2, somehow that translated to me thinking you had played L4D with me too :/ I am (or was since I changed my name on Steam to match my forum name) Genome :D

Wallach said:
Mine just finished not too long ago either because the speed was all over the place.

If those guys are still busy when you get done hit me up. I have not played either of these games so I need another newbie to figure things out with anyway.

I'm pretty new to it still, I haven't played all that much. I've been working a lot and getting distracted by other games >.> I can join up if you need someone to play with.

Blackheim said:
Huh, for some reason I thought you already had L4D2. I guess since I ended up playing with you and Blizzard in Fuel and TF2, somehow that translated to me thinking you had played L4D with me too :/ I am (or was since I changed my name on Steam to match my forum name) Genome :D
I remember you. I didn't know you were a GAFfer. :lol

Blackheim

Hah, yeah I don't think a lot of you guys know that :p Blizzard may know, not sure though! But yeah, I was sucking it up in TF2 with you at least one time.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
NIN90 said:
Play Killing Floor if you want the better zombie coop game. :p
We are small in numbers, but make up for it in faith!

I've been going through phases between Killing Floor and TF2. Right now it is TF2, give it a month. I'll be back to KF :lol

Salsa

Killing floor and L4D2. Very different games. Killing floor is a bit like L4D with some Counter Strike throwed in there. Both games are good. Dont think they`re really comparable, maybe the gunplay.

Killing Floor = Tower Defense + Rpg Elements + FPS + Coop = More like a tactic game
L4D = FPS + Special Zombies + Coop and Versus + Mindless killing = more like a typical valve FPS

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
SalsaShark said:
Killing floor and L4D2. Very different games. Killing floor is a bit like L4D with some Counter Strike throwed in there. Both games are good. Dont think they`re really comparable, maybe the gunplay.
They aren't at all. Not even with Gunplay. L4D is extremely quickly and more spammy. Killing Floor is bigger on ammo conservation and accuracy(Anything but the M14, never run out of ammo for that. Unless you are doing something wrong), but they normally give you a lot more time.

The same basic concept applies. You have to work as a team, normally keep moving, get good positioning and so forth. But they both apply it completely different.

Neither is better than the other, and both are so worth owning. Killing Floor has a pretty solid community also. Always plenty on, and many are pretty good. I completed all the maps with pubs, but to be fair. Normally it was me and other person in half the games dragging pretty meh people along. But it made up for it for me being the third leg in Office and Wyre :lol

Put me down for Killing Floor as well.

I bought L4D2 (and 1, obviously) well before Killing Floor, but I have more hours with KF and I think it's the better game. It is an apple and oranges comparison - they are different but I still like apples better.

Salsa

Kind of a stretch here, but if someone bought a gift copy of Counter Strike: Source when it was on sale and hold on to it, pm me and ill buy for 7 bucks or a bit more. Regret on the non-buy and wanting to give it a try.

alex1893

Monkey Island 2 can be pre-ordered now, and you get the first one for free... if I already own part 1, can I gift it to someone else then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom