• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
G-Fex said:
Yeah I got it now with help with tech support.

I was really scared I lost them there.
Oh yeah you got lucky, Fallout 3 only has a partial implementation of GFWL. My RE5 save wasn't so lucky. Goodbye Mercenaries.

UrbanRats

Phloxy said:
Fucking lame
Well, thedownsides of DD.

Anyway, i bought a LOT of stuff until now.. from the top of my head:

S-E pack.
L4D2
Zeno Clash
Audio Surf
The Void
Osmos
Bully Schoolarship Ed.
The Witcher Enhanced Ed.
Penumbra Collector's pack
.. and still 5 days to go °___°

Interesting, someone compiled a list of titles that have been added to the registry but does not appear on the Steam store. It's a bit outdated though, since it was made in April 2010:

http://pastebin.com/mnKjfZ3L

Below is a list of games that are in the Steam content database, that don't appear on the storefront yet. Most of these are games that will be coming to Steam soon. A couple of these games aren't even announced for PC yet (NyxQuest and Death Tank, for instance). A few of these are games that were submitted to Steam a long time ago, but for one reason or another, will probably never go live (A Vampyre Story, MOH Pacific Assault, and NWN2 are all goners, probably). At least one of these is a free mod.

A Vampyre Story
Alien Breed Evolution: Episode 1
Axel and Pixel
Babblix
Batman: Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year Edition
Blacklight: Tango Down
Bloody Good Time (sequel to The Ship, by Outerlight. Includes dedicated server)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Untitled DLC Pack #2
Cesar Milan's Dog Whisperer
Crashday
Death Tank
Defense Grid (Unknown DLC)
Descent: Freespace - The Great War
Dimensity
Dinertown Detective Agency
DogFighter
Elements
Eversion
Faerie Solitaire
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Fitness Dash
Freespace 2
Front Mission Evolved (+ untitled DLC)
Garden Defense
Gemini Lost
Gemsweeper
Glyph
Glyph 2
Guns of Icarus
Happy Wars (Fat Princess-style game by Japanese developer Toylogic)
Iron Grip: Warlord
Just Cause 2 - absolutely a shitton of DLC.
Kane & Lunch 2 (plus untitled "DLC1" and "DLC2")
Letter Lab
Lord of the Rings Online
Mafia
Mafia II
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers (plus a shitton of DLC)
Mahjong Roadshow
Majesty 2 - lots of DLC
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
Moon Base Alpha
Natural Selection II
Neverwinter Nights 2
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
Nightshift Code
Nightshift Legacy
NyxQuest (port from Wiiware)
Overgrowth
Pac-Man
Panzer Killer
Parking Dash
Prisoner of War
Pulse (http://www.pulsethegame.com/)
Puzzle Dimension
Quarrel (http://www.denki.co.uk/games/quarrel/)
Rainbow Six (the original)
Rainbow Six 2: Rogue Spear
Rainbow Six 2: Rogue Spear - Covert Ops
Rainbow Six 2: Rogue Spear -Urban Ops
Rise of Nations Gold
Rocket Knight
SAW 2
Slyder Adventures
Snail Mail
SpongeBob SquarePants: Nighty Nightmares
Stoneloops
Stronghold
Stronghold 2
Stronghold Crusader Extreme
Stronghold Legends

The Legends of Arkanoid
The Saboteur
Trijinx
Unreal Development Kit
Valerie Porter
Valia
Worms Reloaded
Sega Classics (emulated Sega Genesis games, played via a central "Sega Classics" frontend/hub on Steam. Individual games will be sold as "DLC" for this hub. Initial line-up should include Altered Beast, Comix Zone, Crack Down, Ecco the Dolphin, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Shinobi 3, Sonic 3D Blast, Space Harrier II, and Vectorman)

BOLD = Released, Everything else = Unreleased.

wow, they are making a sequel to The Ship.

I'm hoping Rainbow Six works better than the GoG version ie it doesn't crash everytime I try playing the campaign.

Salsa

crimsonheadGCN said:
Interesting, someone compiled a list of titles that have been added to the registry but does not appear on the Steam store. It's a bit outdated though, since it was made in April 2010:

Freespace 2
Rise of Nations Gold

Hell yeah Nyxquest !!!!

ghst said:
uh..microsoft?

You beat me to it, wonder how this one is going to shake out.

Microsoft actually remembering that they have a back catalogue of awesome PC games and then proceeding to release them on Steam would be huge news but that'd be so very unlike Microsoft.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
brain_stew said:

Microsoft actually remembering that they have a back catalogue of awesome PC games and then proceeding to release them on Steam would be huge news but that'd be so very unlike Microsoft.

it's a curveball for sure. maybe there will be more to the microsoft pc push than a halo 3 theme for windows 7.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
brain_stew said:

Rise of Nations, Crimson Skies, that space sim one (freelancer?), dungeon siege. Those are all i can think of. They're still pretty good though.

trinest

zombieshavebrains said:
Rise of Nations, Crimson Skies, that space sim one (freelancer?), dungeon siege. Those are all i can think of. They're still pretty good though.
Don't forget AOE and AOM etc.

I wondering if that Pac-Man entry is one of the newer ones in the registry. Hope it's a port of Pac-Man CE.

Happy Wars sounds interesting:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/happy-wars/

Happy Wars is a mass multiplayer fantasy war action game that allows battles of up to 128 players. Its original communication system allows players from all over the world to bypass the language barrier and have fun together.

Each time the game begins, the player spawns as a Level 1 character of one of three classes – Warrior, Mage or Cleric .The player will advance towards the enemy’s castle with his/her teammate through a map set in a fantasy world. During battles against the enemy team, the Warrior will use a sword and shield to fight at close range, the Mage will cast spells such as Fireball and Lightning Bolt from long range, and the Cleric will support his/her allies with healing and buffing spells. It is also possible to set up catapults and crossbow turrets on the castle ramparts, as well as set up pit traps on flatland. The player earns Experience Points and advances in levels by defeating enemies and capturing bases.

Q4 2010

Soule

brain_stew said:

I'm trying to temper my excitement with cold sobering realistic expectations but I'm quietly hoping and praying for them to see the light.

Shaneus

On the topic of older games, anyone know if there's been a release on GOG or Steam (or anything!) of Terminal Velocity? Damn, I would love for that to have a "HD" upgrade or re-release.

JoeBoy101

crimsonheadGCN said:
Freespace 2

Rise of Nations Gold[/url]

What the Fuckity McFuck!?!? Release that shit!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
NyxQuest and Rainbow Six will be mine as soon as they are placed on the store.

I really hope RoN really does their will be a big Microsoft push on Steam. They did hint at paying more attention to Steam in the future.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Neverwinter Nights 2
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

I've always wondered why nearly every other DD service had access to the NWN games, but not Steam. Not anymore, lol. Now Baldur's Gate needs to show up on Steam and I can die happy.

btw Mask of the Betrayer is amazing. One of the best RPG stories I've ever experienced. NWN2 vanilla is pretty boring, though.

Wanace

If Rogue Spear is released and the online multiplayer works I'd be so down with that. It used to be my favorite online shooter back in like 1999.

Archie said:
I've always wondered why nearly every other DD service had access to the NWN games, but not Steam. Not anymore, lol. Now Baldur's Gate needs to show up on Steam and I can die happy.

btw Mask of the Betrayer is amazing. One of the best RPG stories I've ever experienced. NWN2 vanilla is pretty boring, though.

NWN will not be heading to Steam. It was added to the registry when Atari first started selling their titles through Steam, but it never was released. I'm thinking that the legal battle between Hasbro and Atari over the D&D license was the cause for NWN not showing up on Steam.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
crimsonheadGCN said:
Neverwinter Nights was one of those titles that was added years ago and never showed up. Doubt it'll ever be added.
Never give up hope. It will be added as a pre-order bonus when Neverwinter Nights 3 is announced as a Steamworks exclusive.

Javaman

JoeBoy101 said:
What the Fuckity McFuck!?!? Release that shit!

I recently broke my "steam only" rule to buy them on GOG. They have both for $6 each IIRC. If steam gets around to releasing them I'm totally going to double dip.

ghst said:
uh..microsoft?

No, I believe Big Huge Games owns the rights to the IP and game, and they can do anything with the game, including selling it on Steam. I do not think MS will ever be on Steam, since they have their own DD service.

crimsonheadGCN said:
I wondering if that Pac-Man entry is one of the newer ones in the registry. Hope it's a port of Pac-Man CE.

Happy Wars sounds interesting:

Q4 2010

It'd be hilarious if it came to Steam before the PSN. :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm actually a little disappointed that NyxQuest got a PC port for purely selfish reasons. I'm not a huge fan of buying content on WiiWare because of the uncertain DRM future. I liked NyxQuest, but definitely not enough to buy it twice, and I'd obviously rather a high res gorgeous PC version on a reliable system like Steam than the WW version.

Oh well, I'll just wait until a holiday sale or something and grab it for a pittance.

Tenks

Archie said:

I never got around the MotB but loved NWN2 Vanilla ... should I bump this up on the backlog queue?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Tenks said:
I never got around the MotB but loved NWN2 Vanilla ... should I bump this up on the backlog queue?
Yes, you should. It is a fairly short and focused game (~20 hours with very few sidequests). The spirit eater mechanic is pretty annoying and there is one area (
the red wizard school
) that I hated, but otherwise it was an awesome game!

Archie said:
The spirit eater mechanic is pretty annoying
That can also be disabled very easily should you want to, just a heads up to people that are discouraged by having a "timer" (that you need to refill from time to time) on screen at all times.

The timer adds urgency to the quest, like in BG2 your character should -- according to the story -- be struggling to not turn into the Slayer from time to time, but aside from a few scripted events that never happened. Removing the timer will essentially make it like that, having it there does add to the game, but you can live without it.

graywolf323

zombieshavebrains said:

The Movies used to be on Steam, I believe that was Microsoft as well (or at least it was developed by Lionhead now owned by Microsoft)

I'd love for their games to come to Steam but as long as GFWL is around I highly doubt we'll be so lucky :-(

release FFVII & VIII already though dammit >_<

Nickiepoo

It's not impossible, DoW2 uses GFWL (and gave me an eternal hatred of it).

Hey, you know what I love GFWL, when you sign me out, ending my multiplayer game because my girlfriend switched on the xbox. Cheers for that.

Also, I love when you stop me from playing DoW2 multiplayer because my credit card expired and you couldn't auto-renew my gold account despite the fact that you don't need gold to play DoW2 multiplayer.

I'll post this here in addition to the Steam Sale Thread:
Cuban Legend said:
Is anyone Interested in the L4D GOTY 4-Pack? I'll buy if the other 3 of you can paypal me the money. PM or Steam ADD/MSG cuban_legend if interested.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
crimsonheadGCN said:

http://pastebin.com/mnKjfZ3L

BOLD = Released, Everything else = Unreleased.

wow, they are making a sequel to The Ship.

I'm hoping Rainbow Six works better than the GoG version ie it doesn't crash everytime I try playing the campaign.
A Death Tank port would be awesome sauce.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
YES! I knew they'd put Shatter on sale. I wanted it the past couple days but resisted. Also finally picking up Torchlight, but is Red Faction: Guerrilla worth my time?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay I have one condition for Red Faction. Does it support the 360 controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom