• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Bought Defense Grid, the game it's pretty fun so it was a no brainer at 5 dollars after i tried the demo. Also i hope this sale helps Hidden Path Entertainment since i hear they have been having problems with sales.

Proc

gregor7777 said:
If the game at least looks halfway fun, I'm in at $5. And Steam knows this.

let me know how it turns out for you. I'm fence sitting on this one. I avoided it during the gamersgate sale, but that was when there were many other sales going on. Such a slow time for new games lately.

Red

Universe at War is a lot of fun when it works.

Those of you who haven't tried it out may spend more time getting it to run than you will actually playing it.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
LovingSteam said:
Not sure if this is the weekend deal although it most likely is.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10430/

Universe at War for $4.99 :)

Update: It is the weekend deal.
I bought the game for £2 not so long ago new, and it wasn't exactly a rare offer (Even the likes of GAME have the game for £3 instore nowadays). It is certainly worth it but the game has to be a case of one of the worst case of retail bomba in years.

Still, I would say that it is very much worth $4.99 or even the rather silly £4.99 they want in the UK.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
$5 for another game? Bought.

I swear to god, Steam is going to bankrupt me. $5 at a time.

In the past week I've bought the following: Defense Grid, Plants vs. Zombies, Killing Floor, Guild Wars: Trilogy, and now Universe At War.

Diseased Yak said:
$5 for another game? Bought.

I swear to god, Steam is going to bankrupt me. $5 at a time.

In the past week I've bought the following: Defense Grid, Plants vs. Zombies, Killing Floor, Guild Wars: Trilogy, and now Universe At War.

Lol i am in the same place; enslaved by Valve. BTW how many games do you have on steam or should i not ask?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
LovingSteam said:
Lol i am in the same place; enslaved by Valve. BTW how many games do you have on steam or should i not ask?

Oh man, good question. I'll count them tonight and reply back. I'm interested to know as well. I only know I have to scroll through a couple pages to get to the bottom (on a 1920x1200 monitor).

Volcynika

Diseased Yak said:
Oh man, good question. I'll count them tonight and reply back. I'm interested to know as well. I only know I have to scroll through a couple pages to get to the bottom (on a 1920x1200 monitor).

Or just go to the Steam Community site and look at your profile then at the right it has 'View all __ games'

http://steamcommunity.com/id/volcynika (Replace the end with whatever your url thing is set as)

Blizzard

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Which is funny because I have Crossfire 4870s and AA max, 1680x1050 and PhysX runs fine for me.

Crossfire 4870s are some very serious power, but I'm still a little surprised. Do you have some beast of a CPU? For me, that section in the first couple of levels where glass breaks as you run past it is always the point where everything goes to 5 fps or something.

K.Jack said:
DAMN. I've heard bad things, but for $5? Why the hell not.

Okay, so who's making the LTTP thread? :lol

And I thought I had a good deal back when I picked up 2 copies of the game $20 each for my brother and I to play. I enjoyed it but it didn't last long with us. Probably worth it for $5. Probably played it for about 2 weeks.

Tim-E

I only have 24....but I've only been buying games on here since February. I'm going to go broke, aren't I? :(

That's more games that I've bought in the past 5 years on consoles. I think I'm done with buying console games full price. I can be a happy gamer forever thanks to these weekend deals and actually have money. :lol

Edit: make that 25 games. Just bought UAW. :lol

I've purchased 25 games on here for around the same price I'd spend on two new console games. I <3 you, Steam.

I feel a lot better now, I don't even crack fifty if I add all the PC digital distribution sources together.

I do if I add in XBLA/PSN/WiiWare though.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
LovingSteam said:
Awesome!! I just looked at mine and its 316! I am sick

You really do live up to your username here, Christ Valve must LOVE you.

I thought I had a few games bought through Steam, but it turns out that 40 games is totally weaksauce.

I can't buy the UAW deal as I already own it, but I am teetering on Defense Grid and I still am 90% sure I will end up buying Outrun C2C this weekend.

Darn Steam, why couldn't just the idea just flop like the trolls said in 2003, you have my wallet already, stop abusing me you bastards!

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Stalin vs. Martains are 60% off until may 11th. Is the game worth it at $8?

I've stayed far far away from it due to reviews, but from what I've heard, you would be much better off dropping $5 on Universe at War.

Red

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Stalin vs. Martains are 60% off until may 11th. Is the game worth it at $8?
Yeah... I haven't played SvM, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say UAW is the better game.

Red

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Well I figured that much. I was just wondering if it was also worth buying or not.
Just seems like your money would be better spent on a $5 with moderately good review scores instead of an $8 game with abysmal ones.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Well I figured that much. I was just wondering if it was also worth buying or not.

Honestly bro, everything I have heard about this game says you would be better off throwing your money into the sewers, at least there is a chance that there is an alien boy who is half alligator and half human who would be able to buy a subway sandwich with the money you would spend on that game. LOL.

Vaporak

Question for the crowd. Can anyone else not buy Cryostasis, nor DL the demo? It's in the new releases tab on the steam home page, but the actual links on the Cryostasis page are either not there (for buying it) or don't work (for DLing the demo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom