• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

dLMN8R

Shambles said:
It works with L4D2 and i'm quite sure I did it with the first one as well. Are you forgetting to connect through the developers console? Enable the console in the options and since you won't be connected to steam you manually have to hit ~ to get into the console and type 'connect 192.168.....' to connect to the other player.
MNC said:
I've done it with every source game, and more.
sv_lan 1
net_start
map {mapname}

Then let the other connect through either console and ip, as ^ says or hit up the LAN tab in the server browser, that should work as well.
awesome, thanks!!

Wizpig

Thanks.

Yeah well, I have both those games on the 360: BCR is definitely the perfect way to remake a classic, while BC Retail... is an awesome game, too.
The singleplayer is one of the most fun games I played recently, and the multiplayer is fucking awesome :D

I'd double dip, but no Mac support...

MoFuzz

Anyone else having connection problems with Steam at the moment? i.e. connecting to games, no friends list, etc

Heh, I came in here just to post the same thing. Yeah, I can connect to the site in Firefox but not in Steam, it just keeps coming up blank. Store, News and Community. Tried going to Offline then back to Online, didn't help. The bottom says "No connection" where it normally gives download status.

Oddly, it still is able to download those background pics when I click any individual game in my library.

MoFuzz

So after perusing the Steam forums, I came upon this.
RichKaethler said:
We'll be updating some of the Steam servers today July 6, around 15:45 PDT (GMT-0700). Chat, game lobbies, and the community web site will be affected. Content downloads and game play should not be affected. There is no database maintenance scheduled for this update, so the downtime should be short.

Dunno if it was postponed to today or this is something else entirely, but I don't remember any issues yesterday afternoon.

sestrugen

I am new to steam but clearly there must be something wrong with the pricing for this unless I am missing something

zEvEV.jpg

graywolf323

it looks like EA must have just price dropped Dragon Age and hasn't updated the package prices

Awakenings should have been $30 from the start though IMO

Can anyone who plays Borderlands tell me if I have a class mod that does "+1" to a skill for example, do I need at least 1 point in said skill to take advantage of that modifier or will it give me level 1 of that skill even if I don't have a point in it?

poweld

MisterAnderson said:
Can anyone who plays Borderlands tell me if I have a class mod that does "+1" to a skill for example, do I need at least 1 point in said skill to take advantage of that modifier or will it give me level 1 of that skill even if I don't have a point in it?
Yup, you got it. Need at least one point for a modifier to count.

Football Manager 2010 has received a price drop and the normal price is now $19.99. There is also a further discount of 25% for the World Cup Final, which brings it to $14.99.

I just started playing Chrome. Oh boy, its pretty rough. The AI has Far Cry-like accuracy and ability to see you from far away, and yet has trouble shooting you up close. The character models are pretty bad. The female looks like she was born with a superfluous chromosome, and her voice actress is terrible. The combat is ok, but nothing special. It reminds me of Halo CE a lot.

You guys dont know what fun multiplayer is until you have stabbed a spear through a guy on a horse, followed by taking his horse and riding up the siege engine to a castle only to be arrow faced by ten enemies, as your corpse decend 20 meters to the ground, landing in the rubble of your country men trying their luck after you. Mount and Blade Warband friends. 250 player server is the most brilliant thing ever made. Game is failry cheap to(30!). You will not regret this thing, if you can get over the fugly graphics. its simply the most hardcore thing on PC.

Sysgen

crimsonheadGCN said:
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter will have a free weekend for it's multiplayer portion from July 8 to July 11 and it will be 50% off during this time period.

Where does it say its multi-player portion. Looks like the whole game. It says "play the full game".

GameGamer

Sysgen said:
Where does it say its multi-player portion. Looks like the whole game. It says "play the full game".

Someone made a bad mistake.

Can't play single player.
Can't play Coop.

The rest is not so great.

Nickiepoo

Vigilant Walrus said:
You guys dont know what fun multiplayer is until you have stabbed a spear through a guy on a horse, followed by taking his horse and riding up the siege engine to a castle only to be arrow faced by ten enemies, as your corpse decend 20 meters to the ground, landing in the rubble of your country men trying their luck after you. Mount and Blade Warband friends. 250 player server is the most brilliant thing ever made. Game is failry cheap to(30!). You will not regret this thing, if you can get over the fugly graphics. its simply the most hardcore thing on PC.

There is truth in this post.

Volcynika

Because of the mixup with the banner and such about SSHD: Second Encounter, Croteam has decided to fix the issue

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1352697

The awkward situation where the banner says "play the full game", while the game actually only allows versus levels to be played is a result of miscommunication along the lines between development and marketing.

We are very sorry that this has happened, but I can assure you this was out of Croteam's control. In any case, we (Croteam) have decided that the only fair way to remedy this is by fixing the game to allow unlimited access to all game modes, including Single Player, Cooperative, Survival, Beast Hunt and all others.

Note that due to time zone differences we cannot do this immediately, but we will do our best efforts to get it fixed ASAP. It should be enabled correctly before Saturday, so everyone should get their free weekend.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that our customers understand that not everything is under our control nor can everything be done without ever making a mistake. However, we stay committed to giving the best service possible to them.

AKA bad communication, but before Saturday, the full game should be free for everyone for the weekend.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yay! I'll be going through Single Player then on Saturday ^_^

I downloaded it to play, but don't give a shit about versus. But figure since they wrote full game, I can play Single Player.

graywolf323

crimsonheadGCN said:
Football Manager 2010 has received a price drop and the normal price is now $19.99. There is also a further discount of 25% for the World Cup Final, which brings it to $14.99.

how is it for soccer newbies? the World Cup really peaked my interest in the sport

Sanjay

graywolf323 said:
how is it for soccer newbies? the World Cup really peaked my interest in the sport

Has knowledge from the future thats how good they are with getting players stats right now and from 10 years from now. Its a magical product. But the game it self is like crack and for "Newbies" you should be fine as you can assign job duties to your assistant manager and let the scouts find players for you until you get the hang of it your self.

StuKen

graywolf323 said:

Piqued, it's piqued. For the love of god it's piqued.

The World Cup piqued my interest in the sport.

cbox

Vigilant Walrus said:

I wanted to like this game, but it's seriously lacking polish.

Disciples III will be available through Steam on July 13, 2010 and it will contain Steam achievements and extra maps.

(at least according to the the game's forums)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
crimsonheadGCN said:
Actually, the developers have tried getting it on Steam previously but Valve would not allow them till they removed Starforce. Seems like this version only uses Steam's DRM.
I like the way Valve thinks, now if they could get rid of the DRM activation shit in Riddick and Batman...

crimsonheadGCN said:
Disciples III will be available through Steam on July 13, 2010 and it will contain Steam achievements and extra maps.

(at least according to the the game's forums)

Holy cow I must have that. I just bought D2 a little bit ago.

Gamejunky

Anyone know if games like Grim Fandango or System Shock 2 will ever go up on steam? I've always wanted to play both of these games but never had the chance.

epmode

Gamejunky said:
Anyone know if games like Grim Fandango or System Shock 2 will ever go up on steam?
I'd rebuy them in a second if so.

But even if they don't, both games can be played in Win 7 64. System Shock 2 is a little easier to get running but even Grim Fandango will work.

Whatever the asking price is on Ebay is, they're worth it.

MNC

Gamejunky said:
Anyone know if games like Grim Fandango or System Shock 2 will ever go up on steam? I've always wanted to play both of these games but never had the chance.
I would so so so so so buy both of the games and gift them if they're not too expensive. Everyone should experience these games. As long as people don't play with that fucking awful model pack for system shock.

markot

Banned
Guess they realised that most/all people who bought games from them already had steam... and boycotting just meant more sales for steam >.<

Is anyone down for a Serious Sam Second Encounter 4 pack? If someone else could get the pack I'd paypal my share as soon as I get your paypal username/email.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Anyone know how to remove a game from your Steam Library. I got Civ 4 awhile ago during a sale but for some reason it only gave me access to the Mac version only. After like a 1-2 week wait steam responded and I got access to the PC version of Civ 4 + expansions via deleting stuff but now the Mac versions are still in my library taking up space in my list. :lol

Is that suppose to be normal or should there be a way to remove it?

Pic of it:
g0swo.png

I guess I can email steam again but it seems to take forever for a response in my experience

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Not installed. Cant do anything with it really via the options I see. Just want to hide it or whatever because its annoying to see 2 copy's of each Civ 4 version.

DrPirate

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Not installed. Cant do anything with it really via the options I see. Just want to hide it or whatever because its annoying to see 2 copy's of each Civ 4 version.

It's a known bug/glitch.

I'm waiting for it to be fixed as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom