• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Netrunner2k2 said:
I'm getting it tomorrow. I'll post how it is.
Looks nice... hopefully it'll be decent. I'm guessing it's going to be one of those games (a la Beat Hazard) that gets discounted every second week, though :lol

Shaneus said:
Looks nice... hopefully it'll be decent. I'm guessing it's going to be one of those games (a la Beat Hazard) that gets discounted every second week, though :lol

I haven't put TOO much time into it so far, but I think it is pretty good. I need to get Xpadder or something going because I don't see a control setting for a 360 controller. The default keys are arrows and z, x, c, v. I might be missing something, but that is pretty much all I used.

As for the game itself, you choose your ship and the stuff you will use then go fight. I'm not a shoot 'em up player outside of Ikaruga back in the day, but it controls pretty tight. Z fires your main weapon, X fires your missiles , V changes your main, and I think C changes your missiles or something. Maybe it is the other way around. Anyways, at the end of the map you can spend your money/credits/whatever the are called on upgrades for your ship or guns.

I think once I get the 360 controller working it'll be a really fun game and it is only a tenner, which is always good.

Oh yeah, the music seems pretty good. I heard some chanty stuff and some other really nice tunes while playing.

Netrunner2k2 said:
I need to get Xpadder or something going because I don't see a control setting for a 360 controller.

-1 sale here then. I was considering getting it at the end of this month, but no controller support is a huge no-no.

Chiaroscuro said:
-1 sale here then. I was considering getting it at the end of this month, but no controller support is a huge no-no.

Yeah I was a little shocked to see a game like this doesn't have it built in. I SHOULD take a look again, and will, but from what I saw I didn't see anything.

Just looked and unless I am blind there is no in-game option.

Unsurprisingly, I downloaded Pinnacle and the game is a LOT better now. I am going to change my firing buttons to the triggers and leave the weapons changes to some face buttons or maybe the shoulders, but overall it played a lot better and my lack of deaths and higher score showed it.

mrgone

Chiaroscuro said:

We should start an internet petition. Maybe a little boycott up in there too :)

nexen

mrgone said:
We should start an internet petition. Maybe a little boycott up in there too :)
sewious.jpg

Dice said:
Oh for goodness sake, will someone make a controller support patch for Alien Swarm? This shit is awkward as hell, it should be done like Smash TV.

It has unofficial support through the console. Check the OT. A couple people verified it works.

crimsonheadGCN said:
Edit: Looks like Valve and Tale Worlds, developer of Mount & Blade, worked out some sort of deal and now the CD Keys can be used to activate the game through steam:

Awesome. Now to find cheap boxed copies.

So far so cool on Rhythm Zone. I just played Poets of the Fall's War and got a crap score (as expected). I need to see if I can use my Rock Band drums on this. I hate playing the geetar.

This is great for me because I really only have a few bands I like and none are on any console music game. If it can use the drums, it'll be a GREAT game for me.

I did complete the song and got some kind of experience points. Don't know what it is for, though, outside of leveling up.

Netrunner2k2 said:
So far so cool on Rhythm Zone. I just played Poets of the Fall's War and got a crap score (as expected). I need to see if I can use my Rock Band drums on this. I hate playing the geetar.

This is great for me because I really only have a few bands I like and none are on any console music game. If it can use the drums, it'll be a GREAT game for me.

I did complete the song and got some kind of experience points. Don't know what it is for, though, outside of leveling up.

The developers have said that any USB controller can be used, but they are not offically supported right now.

Amazon has M&B:W for download for $15. Do they give you the keys as well?

Not sure.

Nabs said:
If it doesn't work automatically, isn't there a joy2key type program you can use?

I'm sure I can just make like a Pinnacle profile like I did for Razor2 or something like that. My only concern is that I can't hold down a drum pad like I can for guitar keys or keyboard keys (as the case may be).

Boonoo

Dice said:
Oh for goodness sake, will someone make a controller support patch for Alien Swarm? This shit is awkward as hell, it should be done like Smash TV.

in the developer console

exec 360controller_xbox

seems to work fine aside from not being able to freely move the reticle--you can point and whatnot with the right stick but you can't position the reticle's distance from you.

It felt pretty awkward moving around with the controller, though. I'm a big fan of m/kb, though.

John

Boonoo said:
seems to work fine aside from not being able to freely move the reticle--you can point and whatnot with the right stick but you can't position the reticle's distance from you.
Is there any reason you'd need to?

Boonoo

I think when you're throwing grenades and flares, etc. they go where the actual reticle is located. I'm not too sure about that, though.

Edit: tested it. Yeah, your grenades etc. will land where your reticle is positioned.

19Kilo

Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q

Hmm I have a copy on D2D, but the key is 4 sets of 4 digits, not 5 sets of 5 like above. I'l give it a try tonight, but I'm thinking it might not work.

Anyone else have a Warband key from a retailer other than Steam? What format is it in, and have you tried registering it with Steam?

19Kilo said:
Hmm I have a copy on D2D, but the key is 4 sets of 4 digits, not 5 sets of 5 like above. I'l give it a try tonight, but I'm thinking it might not work.

Anyone else have a Warband key from a retailer other than Steam? What format is it in, and have you tried registering it with Steam?

I used the Mount & Blade CD Key from D2D and it worked for me. It was also 4 sets of 4 digits.

19Kilo

crimsonheadGCN said:
Huge Paradox sale going on. Everything up to 50% off it looks like.

I guess it's worth mentioning that this sale is not confined to Steam, and Steam doesn't carry their whole catalog. Especially for wargames (Achtung Panzer, Combat Mission: Shock Force, etc.), check over at D2D, GG, Impulse, etc.

derFeef said:
Nice, how healthy is the online of Lead and Gold? Looks kinda fun.

Yeah, I've been thinking about picking it up too. I wish they would release a demo or do a free weekend or something, just so I can check out the game and also see how it runs on my rig.

derFeef

LocoMrPollock said:
Yeah, I've been thinking about picking it up too. I wish they would release a demo or do a free weekend or something, just so I can check out the game and also see how it runs on my rig.
It´s free this weekend! I jsut saw it on their homepage. Nice, so I can test it.

This weekend (Thursday July 22 -> Sunday July 25) we will have a free to play weekend. So get ALL your friends together and play some Lead and Gold!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
crimsonheadGCN said:
Sim City 4 is now up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/24780/

Edit: Looks like Valve and Tale Worlds, developer of Mount & Blade, worked out some sort of deal and now the CD Keys can be used to activate the game through steam:
My Mount & Blade CD Key is in a different format (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) and just registered on Steam too, which is nice.

In fact, I officially have the game 3 times, one retail, one Steam, and one via Gamersgate (A different CD Key is used for that one and is a free extra in the UK retail version). Nice.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Does anyone have any tips for playable settings on Cryostasis? I'm running a 5770 and AMD PII 1090T. I've turned off physx and hardware physx but still get a little chug in fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom