• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
vocab said:
The whole collection was on sale for $5 before. Overture is the first game in the series btw.

Thanks. Think I'll wait since I have a backlog and perhaps there will be another sale/bundle when Amnesia comes out.

ZZMitch

Anyone else not able to connect to the steam cloud?

I can go on the steam store, but when I try to launch TF2 I get this steam cloud error and I cant view my character info or join any servers :(

ZZMitch said:
Anyone else not able to connect to the steam cloud?

I can go on the steam store, but when I try to launch TF2 I get this steam cloud error and I cant view my character info or join any servers :(
it's down. The Heavy is blocking the clouds with his big ass ;(

Twig

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Why did you when nobody else was even comparingthe two? It's like being in an Apple thread and someone saying Apple is doing some of the same things as Micro and then you saying "durrr Micro is better!!! Durrr".
Because I can?

Seriously, this isn't rocket science, Frank.

Hint: morningbus handled the situation far better than you did.

Javaman

The Big Rig said:
Man, I wish I could just buy Mafia 1 without having to get Mafia 2. I'm sure Mafia 2 is great, but I really want to play the first game.

Same here. Hopefully they aren't going to keep it artificially blocked until after Mafia 2 drops.

crimsonheadGCN said:
Mafia will be sold at $9.99 after Mafia 2 is released.

Is that a guess or has it been confirmed?

Javaman said:
Same here. Hopefully they aren't going to keep it artificially blocked until after Mafia 2 drops.

Is that a guess or has it been confirmed?

http://mafia2game.com/community/us/features_mafia_steam.php

DOWNLOAD MAFIA ON STEAM NOW

It's official - as of right now the original Mafia is available for download on Steam! Whether you've already played Mafia in the past or not, this game is a classic that everyone should have in their PC collection.

For those of you who preorder Mafia II on Steam (either the regular edition or the Digital Deluxe, which is detailed here you will receive Mafia instantly upon preordering for free as a bonus and thank you from us! If you're picking up Mafia II elsewhere, never fear - everyone can download the game at launch for $9.99 regardless of where you are preordering.

Tenks

Archie said:
Is Sim City 4 considered the best in the series? I have never played Sim City game other than the SNES version.

I personally hated it. Sim City 4 is ALOT more micromanagement focused where you just have to worry and deal with everything in the city. I felt so swamped by having to build sewer plants, water treatment plants, police stations, fire stations, schools and all the expenses that come with them (and your advisers bitching at you every 10 seconds) that I never actually had fun just building my city. It seemed too much like work and less like a game to me. Also runs like shit.

Tenks said:
I personally hated it. Sim City 4 is ALOT more micromanagement focused where you just have to worry and deal with everything in the city. I felt so swamped by having to build sewer plants, water treatment plants, police stations, fire stations, schools and all the expenses that come with them (and your advisers bitching at you every 10 seconds) that I never actually had fun just building my city. It seemed too much like work and less like a game to me. Also runs like shit.
I haven't played SimCity 4 but all those things you described sound like SimCity 3.

Magic the Gathering might just beat Railworks in terms of DLC released ;p

Edit: More Sega Classic titles are heading to Steam:

I guess the first round of SEGA Genesis classics shifted to the PC did quite well, so SEGA has done up a second installment for PC digital distribution. This new set includes Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, Dr Robotnick's Mean Bean Machine, Eternal Champions and many more. Pricing starts at $2.99, and if you dig around the SEGA site long enough, you may even find them! Apparently they are also heading to Steam.

http://ve3d.ign.com/

ICYICYMCSHAKE said:
Excellent I've been meaning to try that series out since launch. What's the GAF view on it?
I loved them. Tons of game for 5 dollars!

LovingSteam said:
For a couple boxes of cereal and 4 games, you can't go wrong IMO. Also, Eufloria is on sale for $9.99. The entire Magic the Gathering pack (includes game, expansion, and all DLC) is on sale from $37 to $24.
5 episodes actually.

ICYICYMCSHAKE said:
Excellent I've been meaning to try that series out since launch. What's the GAF view on it?

For a couple boxes of cereal and 4 games, you can't go wrong IMO. Also, Eufloria is on sale for $9.99. The entire Magic the Gathering pack (includes game, expansion, and all DLC) is on sale from $37 to $24.

derFeef

Lead and Gold is... I don´t know. The game can get very unbalanced and frustrating if your team does not know what to do. The server situation is also not good.

derFeef said:
Lead and Gold is... I don´t know. The game can get very unbalanced and frustrating if your team does not know what to do. The server situation is also not good.

Yeah, matchmaking would really do wonders for it.

Twig

Banned
Strong Bad is easily the worst (complete) season Telltale has on offer.

But that's mostly at the fault of the source material.

That said, it's still fun.

hamchan

LovingSteam said:

I pity anyone who buys the complete pack. The DLC only unlocks the decks, which can achieved very easily through normal gameplay.

Salsa

I know nothing about the source material, so i think i wont be picking this up..

Also, i dont get people saying stuff like "4 games!" i mean the whole point of episodic games is that they (the episodes as stand-alone things, i mean) arent as lenghty as a regular game. Im most inclined to call the full season as a full game.

Javaman

hamchan said:
I pity anyone who buys the complete pack. The DLC only unlocks the decks, which can achieved very easily through normal gameplay.

Worse yet, 1/2 unlocks decks you can already get from playing. The other 1/2 of the paid DLC gives you shiny backgrounds for some of the cards. :lol :lol :lol

vocab

Archie said:
Lead and Gold has a nice concept, but man the server browser blows chunks.

Hey, it's better than BC2 :lol It could use some serious work no doubt. I don't get why in the year 2010 Server Browsers are completely shitty. Copy and paste UT, Quake, or even CounterStrike's Server browser, and you got a good server browser.

Minamu

If I were to preorder Mafia 2, would Mafia 1 come with modern resolution options and win7 support? Playing semi-old games that doesn't have widescreen support is annoying as hell :(

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Minamu said:
If I were to preorder Mafia 2, would Mafia 1 come with modern resolution options and win7 support? Playing semi-old games that doesn't have widescreen support is annoying as hell :(
Mafia 1 has native widescreen. But it's -vert cropped.

Good Widescreen takes the normal 4:3 viewpoint, and adds more visible to the left and right than what would normally show. Cropped widescreen makes the widescreen show the same amount of horizontal information as the 4:3 picture, and just cuts off the top and bottom you would see without widescreen turned on.

That just made me realize the game is 8 years old. I feel old.

I still have my CD copy lying around here. Last time I played it was years ago (as evidenced by the date on my savegames). I kept getting stuck at the level at the harbor.

vocab said:
Hey, it's better than BC2 :lol It could use some serious work no doubt. I don't get why in the year 2010 Server Browsers are completely shitty. Copy and paste UT, Quake, or even CounterStrike's Server browser, and you got a good server browser.

Fuck, we almost consider ourselves lucky if we get servers, let alone a server browser these days. It seems that any developer who puts a really good server browser in their game ("really good" being on par with what people were doing ten years ago) is met with great sales and acclaim. What a tragic regression.

Valve added a new feature to each game's achievement webpage. If you go to your achievement list for each game then it'll display the date and time that you got the achievement.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Lead and gold is buggy as shit. Was playing practice mode just fine for like 10 minutes and it crashed and now my mouse wont work in the game its extremely sluggish. I even tried checking the files and restarting the game. Something is wrong with it, Everything else works fine.

I was running the game maxed fine for 10 minutes and now my mouse doesnt work for that single game.

Surfheart

Tenks said:

Agreed. Simcity peaked with SC2000 IMHO.

zugzug

you guys talking about server browsers and such.....am I an idiot for never liking the way Team Fortress 2 was set up? I never heard complaints about it but man it sure seemed clunky to me. Not as bad as Dice/BF clunky but nowhere near as easy to maneuver or simple to use.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
zugzug said:
you guys talking about server browsers and such.....am I an idiot for never liking the way Team Fortress 2 was set up? I never heard complaints about it but man it sure seemed clunky to me. Not as bad as Dice/BF clunky but nowhere near as easy to maneuver or simple to use.
Damn, if only TF2 had the superior matchmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom