• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWX

When downloading Kane & Lynch 2 Demo, NOD32 detected a "possibly unknown NewHeur_PE.exe" virus in the file temporary file "kl2.exe.temp".

I wonder if it is a false alarm.

epmode

GWX said:
When downloading Kane & Lynch 2 Demo, NOD32 detected a "possibly unknown NewHeur_PE.exe" virus in the file temporary file "kl2.exe.temp".

I wonder if it is a false alarm.
Almost certainly.

1-D_FTW

EatChildren said:
Because I'm stupid and instead decided to use the backup software, that doesnt actually work.

I've never had a problem and have used it quite a bit. The biggest problem is how slow it is. Especially if you've got a ton of files. Bypassing the whole encryption/decryption and tossing the folder onto a separate partition does seem like the method to go with though.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
playing the K&L2 multiplayer made me so paranoid.

I'm now ranked as a "scammer" because I broke away from my team when the cops turned up, sat back, collected what money I could find and ran for the van. :lol

As for the single player, the demo is pretty short but the visual style was interesting and I kinda liked it. The streets have a lot more detail so you really (sorta) get that HEAT shoot-out vibe now.

Look forward to checking out K&L 2 when I get back to my main PC. I quite like the original even if it was rather derivative. Hopefully the PC port doesn't have as many issues this time around.

kamspy said:
Sup with the Just Cause 2 update?

Around 25 megs...

Just Cause 2 July 2010 PC Title Update

* Fixed issues that would cause vehicles and people would stop spawning.
* Enemies will not fire on the player while they are struggling with an enemy on a vehicle.
* Increased the presence of the Vanderbildt Leisure Liner.
* Benchmark results now displays correct memory for various graphics cards.
* Fix to allow players to bind mouse button 4 and 5.
* Fix to allow players to bind E button correctly.
* Fix to display quicktime prompts correctly when running in Eyefinity mode.
* Enable triple buffering when vsync is on.
* Lowered mouse sensitivity when freefalling.
* Localized "Completion" for Polish and Russian versions
* Localized "Mercenary Mode" for Polish version.
* Correct settings on benchmark results screen (MSAA rather than CSAA) when using AMD GPU's.
* Reduced input to update lag.
* Limit frame latency command line option, for reducing input to render lag ( /dxframelatency=n, 1-3, default 3).
* Shadow size cull tweaking command line options ( /shadowcullnear=f, /shadowcullmiddle=f, /shadowcullfar=f, or /shadowcull=f for all buffers, default: 1.0)
* Numerous stability improvements.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=111441

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
crimsonheadGCN said:
Just Cause 2 July 2010 PC Title Update

* Fixed issues that would cause vehicles and people would stop spawning.
* Enemies will not fire on the player while they are struggling with an enemy on a vehicle.
* Increased the presence of the Vanderbildt Leisure Liner.
* Benchmark results now displays correct memory for various graphics cards.
* Fix to allow players to bind mouse button 4 and 5.
* Fix to allow players to bind E button correctly.
* Fix to display quicktime prompts correctly when running in Eyefinity mode.
* Enable triple buffering when vsync is on.
* Lowered mouse sensitivity when freefalling.
* Localized "Completion" for Polish and Russian versions
* Localized "Mercenary Mode" for Polish version.
* Correct settings on benchmark results screen (MSAA rather than CSAA) when using AMD GPU's.
* Reduced input to update lag.
* Limit frame latency command line option, for reducing input to render lag ( /dxframelatency=n, 1-3, default 3).
* Shadow size cull tweaking command line options ( /shadowcullnear=f, /shadowcullmiddle=f, /shadowcullfar=f, or /shadowcull=f for all buffers, default: 1.0)
* Numerous stability improvements.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=111441
I thought this was supposed to be intentional. Woah.

Twig

Banned
Volcynika said:
While you were gone, Railworks and Magic The Gathering did a DLC battle.
And I missed it?

vader.jpg

John

Man, the Steam client's been causing all kinds of havoc with my shit. It's been freezing my computer and being unresponsive all the time

Jangaroo

Steam keeps going offline for me. It's been like this for the past week or so ever since Alien Swarm came out.

Birbo

I have a retail copy of HL2 I got when it first came out years ago. It's registered to my old Steam account that I forgot I had and don't recall any of the log-ins. Is there any way to migrate that over to my current Steam account?

Birbo said:
I have a retail copy of HL2 I got when it first came out years ago. It's registered to my old Steam account that I forgot I had and don't recall any of the log-ins. Is there any way to migrate that over to my current Steam account?
Doesn't sound good. You don't even know the email account that it was attached to?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
IMACOMPUTA said:
Puzzle Agent is AWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOME.
I fucking love this game.

I thought it was pretty good. It's nowhere on the level of Professor Layton, but it's definitely on the right track.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
LovingSteam said:
I would guess this week but not sure. Usually when the preorder goes up on the registry it goes up fairly quick on Steam.

Team17 Admin posted on July 28, 2010 @ 5:53am
check back here on steam tomorrow
I might double dip if Reloaded has all the DLC content because I really prefer to play that franchise on the PC.

Jangaroo

It's a shame about how they had to scale things back with the game. I remember reading the mega-big preview in Gameinformer years ago and reading about all of these super cool gameplay bits that they were planning.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Steam has become really unresponsive lately. Wonder whats going on.

Getting some weird errors like

Failed to load web page (unknown error).-118

Failed to load web page (unknown error)

Metalic Sand said:
Steam has become really unresponsive lately. Wonder whats going on.

Getting some weird errors like

Failed to load web page (unknown error).-118

Failed to load web page (unknown error)

Yea, it has. Although I will say that the beta seems to be running better for me than the non beta version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom