• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

VALIS

With all the Iron Works DLC and Magic decks, navigating through the new releases section has become a chore. They need to separate DLC from full games in the storefront.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Seriously. It's such a pain in the butt especially since it only shows ten items at a time.

Blizzard

Banned
Metalic Sand said:
Steam has become really unresponsive lately. Wonder whats going on.

Getting some weird errors like

Failed to load web page (unknown error).-118

Failed to load web page (unknown error)
Yeah, I got an error trying to look at game update news just now.

benjipwns

Banned
They could at least have New Releases, New Games, New DLC if they don't want to separate the DLC from the default view for sales reasons.

They have the space for it.

kamspy

Metalic Sand said:
Steam has become really unresponsive lately. Wonder whats going on.

Getting some weird errors like

Failed to load web page (unknown error).-118

Failed to load web page (unknown error)

Starcraft envy.

My steam client has never felt so alone.

So I've noticed that there are some games on Steam, for example Far Cry 2 and Saw, that have a separate EULA from the publisher you have to agree to before you can install the game. Problem is you only find out about it until after you've bought the game. If I really cared and had a strong objection to something in it, I'm wondering if Valve would be willing to grant a refund and remove the game from an account. If not, this would seem to me to be pretty anti-consumer behavior, making use of a product conditional on accepting an agreement you can't even read until after you've bought it. (I'm not actually thinking of doing this, just throwing out the hypothetical.)

And before you say that's no different from buying any game at retail, some publishers have in the fine print somewhere that if you don't agree with the EULA you can return the game directly to them for a refund.

IMACOMPUTA

thetrin said:
I thought it was pretty good. It's nowhere on the level of Professor Layton, but it's definitely on the right track.

Yeah, you're right. I just beat it and it's pretty short too! I loved the humor and the art style though. Very awesome.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
LovingSteam said:
Its possible that Mirrors Edge and MOH Airborne will be the midweek deals.
Is their even such a thing as a midweek deal anymore? Ever since the summer sale it seems like they just have constant specials.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nah, still haven't touched it. I'm not exactly excited to play it either, but I thought it was worth it at 2$. Someday, I'll be bored enough to play a MMO again.

dani_dc

Worms Reloaded is up for pre-order with 10% discount (regular price: 15 euros/20 dollars).

Releases on the 26th of August.

Pre-orders receive 10% off, 24-hour early access, and the exclusive x6 Worms Hats and x10 Forts in-game items.

randomwab

Stallion Free said:
Excuse me for having an opinion. I am sorry I had fun with it. I will go hang my head in shame now.

I'm with you, Airborne was great. It's pretty short, but a ton of fun right through the campaign. It also has the best first person cover system I've ever used, in my opinion.

If it does go on sale, everyone should grab it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Javaman said:
Was Airborne assault $10 before this week? It's not showing up as being on sale. Maybe a permanent price drop to $10?
It was 10$ when it came on Steam. I double-dipped on it at that price because I had picked up the box copy the year before for 20$.

I would bet the sale will drop it to 5$.

randomwab said:
I'm with you, Airborne was great. It's pretty short, but a ton of fun right through the campaign. It also has the best first person cover system I've ever used, in my opinion.

If it does go on sale, everyone should grab it.

The style would be great for a game like Doom, but not for a historical WWII shooter. The whole concept of super german soldiers in a formal setting like the MOH series is bizarre.

Dynoro

brain_stew said:
Count yourself lucky, its £18 here in the UK, whereas "full size" PC games usually retail for £25. No way they're selling many copies at that price.
Yep I saw the UK price and the game went straight from day one to
day one of the
Steam sale

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The_Inquisitor said:
The style would be great for a game like Doom, but not for a historical WWII shooter. The whole concept of super german soldiers in a formal setting like the MOH series is bizarre.
It was a Wolfenstein-esque twist.

Lothars

LovingSteam said:
A 4-pack will be announced most likely dropping the price to $15.
That's tempting, I will pick it up but just gonna wait and see, worms rocks and I look forward to playing this one

Stallion Free said:
It was 10$ when it came on Steam. I double-dipped on it at that price because I had picked up the box copy the year before for 20$.

I would bet the sale will drop it to 5$.
Funny how that translates to €15 :lol . I think it's also an EA Classic now (RRP €10). I may double dip depending on the sale (if it indeed comes).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How long can people play Worms? Still astounds me how many rehashes can sell. It was a decent game back in the day but it didn't change anyones life, sure won't 30 times over.

The_Inquisitor said:
That's a shitty attitude to have.

We didn't need another CoD, Airborne felt fun and refreshing because it was so "arcadey".

Mr_Zombie

enzo_gt said:
How long can people play Worms? Still astounds me how many rehashes can sell. It was a decent game back in the day but it didn't change anyones life, sure won't 30 times over.

I still like to launch my copy of Worms World Party and play with a friend from time to time (although recently something weird started to happen and colors in the game constantly glitch resulting in black worms walking around very dark lands with black background :/). It sure isn't a game that you can spend hours playing it every day, but if you have a decent opponent it's great.

Also, about the new Worms, how are they? Are they full game with lots of interesting SP missions, trainings & etc, just like Armageddon & WWP were, or, because it's just a 20$ title, are they just a simpler version that focus on online game?

Birbo said:
The email address I'm sure I have.
Do you have access to the email address? Can't you do a "I lost my password" to get the account up & running? And if so, perhaps they'll move it to the new account if you beg?

FatBaby

Weekend Deal is up: Just Cause 2 and DLC 50% off.

JC2_Sale2010_spotlight_306x270.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8190/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I always find it interesting to view the current activity on steam. At the moment it's 771k, which is the lowest i've seen it. It's usually 2.2m around this time. Very odd.

Not too bad of a deal on JC2 but i already own it. Money saved, /phew

Twig

Banned
evlcookie said:
I always find it interesting to view the current activity on steam. At the moment it's 771k, which is the lowest i've seen it. It's usually 2.2m around this time. Very odd.

Everyone is playing Minecraft.

evlcookie said:

Showing 2 million right now, but alot people are probably playing SC2

Edit: Or not. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom