• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Meh, then you better get rubbed the wrong way at his thriller video too then.

Meh, you better read posts properly before you get rubbed the wrong way. I didn't say I was bothered by it as it's obviously a reference to Thriller. It's just an unfortunate coincidence and if he'd died before the game was released I doubt they would have gone with an MJ zombie.

Jirotrom

Zerokku said:
Might ask in the Street Fighter IV thread, but I highly doubt many of them have played the PC version so I'll ask here for now. I know the PC version Of SFIV supports the standard 360 controller, but what about the 360 fight pad controllers? Been thinking of picking up SFIV to mess around with on my PC, but would prefer to play with a fight pad controller over the standard.
PC version of SFIV is the best one... really wish they would release a pc version of SSIV... but seeing as how they plan on updating that now maybe pc will get it next year.

Air Zombie Meat said:
Meh, you better read posts properly before you get rubbed the wrong way. I didn't say I was bothered by it as it's obviously a reference to Thriller. It's just an unfortunate coincidence and if he'd died before the game was released I doubt they would have gone with an MJ zombie.

I'm not mad or anything. It just seems odd that now it's a problem. I just wish it was still there is all.

Archaon

Struct09 said:
Not only does it support the fight pad, they were selling the PC version bundled with the 360 fight pad for a while.
To add to this, I also use my PS3 fight stick (Japanese HRAP3) with SFIV PC. In Windows 7 it required no setup, I just plugged it in and all of the button mappings were perfect.

Air Zombie Meat said:
Heh, must admit I played PvZ for the first time soon after MJ's death and thought it might rub sensitive people the wrong way. Bit of a shame but can't really blame them.
Sensitive people are rubbed the wrong way about everything. They're sensitive.

Minsc

Gold Member
Far better to have people wiped from the history books when they die, then to have their pop culture influences remembered and depicted in popular media.

epmode

Minsc said:
Good call. Stupid game updated as soon as I launched Steam.

Goddammit Gabe.

In related news: I hope that anyone offended by the Michael Jackson zombie gets hit by a plane. And if they're a lawyer, two planes.

Minsc

Gold Member
GoldandBlue said:
Think after the Xbox version of PvZ is out, PC might get an update with the Versus and Co-op mode?

Nope, I have basically no respect for PopCap's post game support. PopCap is like the opposite of Blizzard imo.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So, what about SimCity IV Deluxe on Steam? It's just the same files from the CD version?

Because that version is horrible by today standards. It's a mess graphically when running in hardware mode and it gets chugs in software mode. If my city is too big, it also crashes randomly. Did they fix any of those problems?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SapientWolf said:
You'd only be saving a buck 25.
You'd be shock how desperate a lot Gaffers gets to save as little as 1.25$. Feels good to not give a fuck about 1.25$ though. Feels real good.

Honestly the Paypal is such a fucking hassle that when you are only saving 1.25$ it's not even remotely worth it.

Roofy

i work hard for my money and if i can save 1.25 with very little effort then i think its foolish to just throw that money away

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Roofy said:
i work hard for my money and if i can save 1.25 with very little effort then i think its foolish to just throw that money away
If you buy 30 games, and save 1.25 on every game, you'll have saved 37.5 UNITED STATE DOLLARS, which means you can buy another two games of your choice.

Seems valid to me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Roofy said:
The people who make games work hard too, I bet. Did you ever think about that?

graywolf323

epmode said:
I already set my copy to not auto-update for this very reason. I really hope Steam pays attention....

well it didn't work :( as soon as I tried to launch the game it started to update and it won't let me play without updating it >_<

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Roofy said:
True, but getting a 4-pack together takes a surprising amounting of coordination and effort. There is also some risk involved. I guess it all comes down to whether you think the savings are worth your time.

Burn Zombie Burn will be out on August 12 and it looks pretty similar to Nation Red. Has anyone here played both?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I'm so glad that the Gratuitous Space Battle DLC went on sale. I've been waiting ages for them to drop below $5.99 a piece, so I was shocked to see the whole bundle go for less than $5.

I downloaded them, and I was surprised to see that he has added extra effects to the battles, as well as damage notifications. It's nice to see that a game I bought so long ago is still getting great support.

Roofy

Stallion Free said:
The people who make games work hard too, I bet. Did you ever think about that?
they offered it at that price, i will take advantage of it.

would you willingly pay more for something if you didnt have to?

Joe Molotov

LovingSteam said:
Hmm, a Quakecon2010 pack was added to the registry. Not sure if this is a special sale package or something else but it has the Bethesda and ID pack combined.

I wish they'd put Wolfenstein on sale, 75% off would be about right. I'd pay $10 for it, but not $40. Also, it'd be nice to have Quake 4 on Steam.

Volcynika

Joe Molotov said:
I wish they'd put Wolfenstein on sale, 75% off would be about right. I'd pay $10 for it, but not $40. Also, it'd be nice to have Quake 4 on Steam.

Amazon had Wolfenstein PC for $10 just earlier this week! :p

graywolf323 said:
look at your games list, you've been upgraded to the GOTY edition for free

Eidos should have done the same thing for Batman X-(

Oh. Okay. Well does Zombatar work for anyone? i just get a black screen when i clicked it.

epmode

HEY DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THAT PLANTS VS ZOMBIES JUST UPDATED TO THE GOTY EDITION
DMPrince said:
Oh. Okay. Well does Zombatar work for anyone? i just get a black screen when i clicked it.
Seems to be a common bug. It works for me but I've read that people have more luck when they play around with the fullscreen/3D acceleration settings.

epmode said:
HEY DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THAT PLANTS VS ZOMBIES JUST UPDATED TO THE GOTY EDITIONSeems to be a common bug. It works for me but I've read that people have more luck when they play around with the fullscreen/3D acceleration settings.
ew full screen :lol.

and nope. just tried FS and 3D on. and it just went blink crazy. :\

EDIT: I got it to work. i had to turn off 3D Acceleration just so the agreement popped up. after that you turn enable it again ^_^.

mikespit1200 said:
Has anyone played The Last Remnant? How does it compare to FF13 in terms of the battle system and environments?
It's a pretty good game with an excellent combat system. Its biggest flaws are the story, the characters, and the mostly bland environments.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
archnemesis said:
It's a pretty good game with an excellent combat system. Its biggest flaws are the story, the characters, and the mostly bland environments.

What else is there? Music, voice acting and art direction?

UrbanRats

Anybody got problems with Tomb Raider Anniversary on Win7?(steam version, ofcourse).
mine had problem starting, after manually updating it, it start, but crashes to desktop after the intro(before the main menu).
and if i put the TRA.exe in compatibility mode, it tells me "steam.exe non found"...wtf?
i've uninstalled it, i'll try re-download it later.. but anybody got a similar problem? Is it steam or it's Win7(64bit)?

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
UrbanRats said:
Anybody got problems with Tomb Raider Anniversary on Win7?(steam version, ofcourse).
mine had problem starting, after manually updating it, it start, but crashes to desktop after the intro(before the main menu).
and if i put the TRA.exe in compatibility mode, it tells me "steam.exe non found"...wtf?
i've uninstalled it, i'll try re-download it later.. but anybody got a similar problem? Is it steam or it's Win7(64bit)?

I have a boxed copy that seems to work fine on Win7 x64. Have you tried running the exe as administrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom