• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
LovingSteam said:
If you want, I will gift it to you, just paypal me the $$. Add me and we will talk it over if you want.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Arose1980

Thanks for the offer, but I come back this weekend.

Damn, I wasn't planning on getting WaW, but for $25? damn.

webrunner said:
They're slipping, last week we had the whole universe at war and this time it's just the world.

I hate you for reminding about how awesome GFW Radio was. :(

Pein

Banned
Garryk said:
Is the WaW campaign worth $25? Don't really care about MP, but I do like campaign co-op.
zombie nazi mode is amazing, pair it up with co op campaign and its easily worth $25

kuYuri

At $25, there is no excuse to not get WaW, if you like CoD. Highly recommend it and the first map pack is free with latest patch.

dLMN8R

I know that there are still infinitely respawning enemies in WaW, but are they as pronounced and annoying as CoD 4?

Also, I played CoD 4 on one step above Normal, probably the reason why the infinitely respawning enemies were so FRAKKING ANNOYING. Is WaW any better in this regard? Or should I stick to Normal if I buy it?

kuYuri

dLMN8R said:
I know that there are still infinitely respawning enemies in WaW, but are they as pronounced and annoying as CoD 4?

Also, I played CoD 4 on one step above Normal, probably the reason why the infinitely respawning enemies were so FRAKKING ANNOYING. Is WaW any better in this regard? Or should I stick to Normal if I buy it?

WaW on Veteran is arguably worse than CoD4 in terms of annoyance, as the enemies love to spam grenades on that. Stick with normal if you want to have fun, co-op is nice also because you get XP for your mp profile.

I am trying to decide between Anno 1701 and Men of War. Yes, they are two totally different types of games but I can't decide between the two. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

eznark

Banned
LovingSteam said:
I am trying to decide between Anno 1701 and Men of War. Yes, they are two totally different types of games but I can't decide between the two. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Men of War is pretty rad. I've only played Anno on the DS though, so no insight there.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
LovingSteam said:

I love Anno from what little I've played, I love civilization building games, but Men of War is RTS of the year. I've never played anything quite like it.

Volcynika

And Yet It Moves just got a lower price of $9.99

The developers of the multi-award winning Indie game And Yet It Moves have just lowered the price for their addictive and fun game. Buy it today for just $9.99 USD (8.99 EURO and 7.99 POUNDS)!

Bet you were thinking that was the weekend deal I posted about. WRONG! There's another thread for deals!

FatalT

Banned
Volcynika said:
And Yet It Moves just got a lower price of $9.99

The developers of the multi-award winning Indie game And Yet It Moves have just lowered the price for their addictive and fun game. Buy it today for just $9.99 USD (8.99 EURO and 7.99 POUNDS)!

Bet you were thinking that was the weekend deal I posted about. WRONG! There's another thread for deals!

I might pick it up for that. I enjoyed the demo. How much was it originally? $20?

eznark

Banned
Volcynika said:
As I said in the weekend deal thread, it would be odd for Valve to only have TF2 as a deal, since it's more focused on celebrating the class packs.

Hope so, the wife leaves tomorrow for 6 weeks so I'll buy pretty much anything they offer today.

Thomper

eznark said:
Hope so, the wife leaves tomorrow for 6 weeks so I'll buy pretty much anything they offer today.
Well, if Steam ends up not having a good weekend deal today, Gamersgate has both Age of Booty and Civ IV for $5 this weekend. Those are pretty good deals as well.

damnation-20080625023030982.jpg

commissar

shintoki said:
So anyone here actually tried damnation yet? :lol
Uninspired, uninteresting. BUT, if you wanted to play a B-game (as in B-movie), I'd say play something like Serious Sam 2 or Painkiller. Damnation is a definite straight-to-DVD game.

TheExodu5

Banned
ArjanN said:

TMNT Arcade is my most regretted XBLA purchase. The game is really, really bad. It's a game made for "insert coins", and has no depth, or sense of balance.

I would much rather see Turtles in Time, or Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

dLMN8R said:
Rock Paper Shotgun says it's absolutely horrible.

Yeah, but they also put up a lame 'Wot I think' Killing floor 'review' which was complete shit and read like a collaboration of forum posts about the game.

I like the site, but some of it is crap.

ArjanN

TheExodu5 said:
TMNT Arcade is my most regretted XBLA purchase. The game is really, really bad. It's a game made for "insert coins", and has no depth, or sense of balance.

I would much rather see Turtles in Time, or Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

Maybe if you played it on XBLA now, yeah, instead of in 1989 in an arcade with four friends. Back then it was magic.

IMO it's one of the best arcade games ever.

Struct09

TMNT Arcade is one of my favorite XBLA releases. Only $5 and they didn't change anything from the original arcade game, and it had online play. I may not play it much anymore, but I got way more than my $5 worth. I want more games like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom