• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku! said:
I grabbed UT 3 because I loved 2004 and haven't ever played it. I've heard it isn't as good though. I expect to be disappointed :$.
I never understood that sentiment. Plays nearly the same with a few sparse upgrades and a huge visual overhaul. Looks great.

bounchfx

epmode said:
The people who say it isn't as good are insane. Especially after the recent content patch.

I LOVED UT and UT2k4

it's because no one fucking plays 3 and it has competition like COD4 and TF2.

not nearly as fun now compared to those...

bounchfx said:
I LOVED UT and UT2k4

it's because no one fucking plays 3 and it has competition like COD4 and TF2.

not nearly as fun now compared to those...

COD 4 isn't really like it at all though. It doesn't satisfy my twitch gaming needs. TF2 is a little more like it but they're still pretty different. There really aren't a lot of FPSes like UT anymore, possibly because most of them are designed for controllers instead of keyboard/mouse.

bounchfx

COD 4 isn't really like it at all though. It doesn't satisfy my twitch gaming needs. TF2 is a little more like it but they're still pretty different. There really aren't a lot of FPSes like UT anymore, possibly because most of them are designed for controllers instead of keyboard/mouse.

I didn't say they were similar..
I said they were more fun

back in UT99's time and even with 2k4 it was the most fun multiplayer I had, even more than Halo

but like.. I don't know, I just find these to be funner. and TF2 is pretty freakin twich, they are very different though.

I still love UT but the community I knew is gone, and I just enjoy time spent with tf2 more

webrunner

fallengorn said:
Freedom Force 1 & 2 for $6.74?! Whoever doesn't jump on that is a commie.
A price like that isn't just criminal, it's supervillainous

I wonder if this sells well will they think about making FF3. Seriously. Come on man, I needs me some force fix.

Proc

assasin's creed at 9.99 is very tempting. I missed it the first time.

can anyone tell me if freedom force supports 16x10? I'm too lazy to google hunt.

hahaha, steams announcement page for Freedom Force is awesome.

hotstuff.jpg

HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH!

I grabbed UT 3 because I loved 2004 and haven't ever played it. I've heard it isn't as good though. I expect to be disappointed :$.

Its much better actually, UT3 gets way too much hate.

Remy

Proc said:
can anyone tell me if freedom force supports 16x10? I'm too lazy to google hunt.

I'm pretty sure when I ran it last night, I was going at 1900x1200, so that should be a yes.

epmode

Proc said:

You can choose nearly any resolution ever but the game stretches to fill widescreen modes. So no, it doesn't support 16x10.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Prototype is up for pre-order on Steam for $49.99!

I had no idea this was coming to the PC at all so this comes as a big surprise to me. I thought I was going to have to buy it on a console. With this and Red Faction coming I will definitely get a chance to satisfy my open-world action game needs!

webrunner

MrNyarlathotep said:
hahaha, steams announcement page for Freedom Force is awesome.

hotstuff.jpg

HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH! HOT STUFF COMIN' THROUGH!

Dootdoo doo doo doot doo doo
dootdoo doo doo doot doo doo

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
There's a few very interesting mods that are really comprehensive for Freedom Force, I'm curious to try them.

I downloaded a lot of DC and Marvel meshes, if people are interested I could zip them up and put them somewhere for others. It's not real sorted, but most of the old FF sites are dead and gone and I would think this sudden spike in bandwidth might kill a few more :lol

These Freedom Force games are brilliant, I've never even heard of them before.

And yeah, I have Vista 64 and the first one at least runs flawlessly. Haven't tried the second yet.

GriffD17

Relatively new to PC gaming. I got a new computer hooked up and installed Steam and purchased Audiosurf right way. I was hoping one you kind poster could point me to a good loot-whoring game that could be found on steam. Old or new, doesn't really matter.

GriffD17 said:
Relatively new to PC gaming. I got a new computer hooked up and installed Steam and purchased Audiosurf right way. I was hoping one you kind poster could point me to a good loot-whoring game that could be found on steam. Old or new, doesn't really matter.
Team Fortress 2

epmode

GriffD17 said:
Dawn of War 2 has a Diablo-esque single-player mode. loot loot loot

Titan Quest is pretty much a Diablo clone but with shiny widescreen high-resolution grafix.

And if you haven't played Diablo 2, GET IT RIGHT NOW. (you'll need its expansion too. Along with every other Blizzard game available for download at that site)

Zzoram

Baloonatic said:
These Freedom Force games are brilliant, I've never even heard of them before.

And yeah, I have Vista 64 and the first one at least runs flawlessly. Haven't tried the second yet.

Okay, just purchased it. Downloading the first one now, kinda surprised it's almost 700mb for a $3.40 game.

Zzoram

I love Steam sales :D

I think I've made more impulse purchases on Steam than I ever did at retail for any items during my life up to now.

VALIS

Musashi Wins! said:
There's a few very interesting mods that are really comprehensive for Freedom Force, I'm curious to try them.

I downloaded a lot of DC and Marvel meshes, if people are interested I could zip them up and put them somewhere for others.

Hell yeah! That would be extremely cool.

Freedom Force popping up this week is great timing for me as I already had an itch to play it again and was combing the house looking for it (unsuccessfully).

Zzoram said:
I HATE Steam sales :D

I think I've made more impulse purchases on Steam than I ever did at retail for any items during my life up to now.
Fixed for my purpose :lol

I bought more games on/for steam this year than all years before combined and I'm a DayOne user. :D

Erudite

Gah. So many deals this weekend.. Couldn't resist picking one up...

Decided to go with AC for the $10. Gotta wait until Monday until I can start downloading though, stupid ISP cap =(

My Community Page is quite funny right now :D

friend 1 now owns Freedom Force, Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich.
friend 2 achieved Trials 2 Second Edition: Intro of Speed.
friend 3 now owns Splinter Cell: Double Agent.
friend 4 achieved Killing Floor: I Like To Watch.
friend 4 now owns Freedom Force, Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich.
friend 2 now owns Splinter Cell: Double Agent.
friend 2 now owns Splinter Cell.
friend 4 now owns Trials 2 Second Edition, Monster Trucks Nitro.
friend 2 now owns Freedom Force, Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich.
May 29
friend 1 now owns Luxor 2.
friend 1 now owns Splinter Cell.
friend 1 now owns Splinter Cell: Double Agent.
friend 1 now owns 7 Wonders 2.
c3-net announces new player of the week
friend 1 is now Player of The Week for c3-net.
friend 2 now owns Trials 2 Second Edition, Monster Trucks Nitro.
friend 1 now owns Trials 2 Second Edition, Monster Trucks Nitro.
friend 1 now owns Unreal Tournament 3 Black.
and that's without myself. Bought AC, SCDA, Luxor and Flock. :lol

My absolute favorite thing about Freedom Force was downloading user made character models that copied Marvel and DC superheroes. I would spend hours building powers that went with each character and then create epic brawls between them. Unfortunately, Irrational Games was forced by Marvel to shut all those mod pages down, it became practically impossible to find any models from those universes to download.

The game is good regardless but if I could find a good batch of Marvel/DC character skins that would be awesome.

Zzoram

Proc said:

I picked 1680x1050x32 in the menus, so yes.

What is the multiplayer like?

GriffD17

Just downloaded the Freedom Force demo but it said it wouldn't work with my operating system (Vista 64). Is this not an issue with the full game?

Zzoram

GriffD17 said:
Just downloaded the Freedom Force demo but it said it wouldn't work with my operating system (Vista 64). Is this not an issue with the full game?

It works for my Vista SP1 x64.

zoku88

GriffD17 said:
The steam demo didn't work for me, but the full game does.

epmode

Man, Assassin's Creed is worth the $10 just to see it on PC. Stunning.

The game itself could use a little help, though. I hope Ubisoft has it in them for AC2.

Red

K.Jack said:
Anyone playing the FF games under Windows 7 experiencing issues?
I'm not, but I've heard from others that there are problems.

epmode said:
Man, Assassin's Creed is worth the $10 just to see it on PC. Stunning.

The game itself could use a little help, though. I hope Ubisoft has it in them for AC2.
You haven't heard about AC2?? Or am I misunderstanding?

TwoBacks

Neo Member
K.Jack said:
Anyone playing the FF games under Windows 7 experiencing issues?

The first game is working perfect on my desktop running Windows 7.

My laptop running Vista on the other hand........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom